Can Niacin Fight Heart Disease?

Buy Lab Tests Online

bigfred32

Ive been using niacin for past couple months since i. stopped using statins. After stopping statins my LDL spiked from 62 to 133 which was expected. Ive worked up to 2500mg niacin and copius amounts of omega 3 per day now for past months and experience some flushing and side effects. I actually dont mind it, in some weird way it makes me realize its working so after about half hour to 45 mins its gone. Ive used similiar products in the gym that vasilate and gave a similiar feeling so maybe thats why im not bothered by it.
In reality i have no idea if its working or having any effect on cholesterol levels until new bw in about 6 to 8 months but for now i will stick with it.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Can you give us some info on how long you were on statins and what your levels were before and after you stopped. What what were the main reasons you stopped and have you noticed any difference in how you feel since stopping?

bigfred32

Don, i was on statins about 7 years. After reading and learning about TRT from this site and others I started seeing alot of related posts about statins and started doing my own research. While on statins my total was in 130's and ldl was in 60's i dont remember what it was when i started.
I was plagued by muscle cramps and joint pain that didnt make sense. Im physically active so mentally i just wrote it off and tried to stay hydrated etc. It made no difference at times.
As i learned about statins it made the connection and after talking with my TRT doc who is not a fan of statins we began to wean off by dropping from 20mg simvastin to 10mg and finally stopping completly.
My cholesteral levels spiked alittle but i understood that would happen but my a1c dropped from 5.8 to 5.7, which i learned that statins can effect glucose levels even though my fasting level stayed consistant in the normal range.
I added the niacin to my regime and honestly my arthritis in my knees feel better and have not had a single incident of calf cramping.
Regardless of where i test in the future knowing what i believe now i will never take statins again.

Thanks for posting your info. I have never had any muscle craps or joint pain on Lipitor. The only side effect that I am considering is the often reported fatigue. I do believe that could be an issue for me, even with CoQ10 supplementation. Hard to know unless I go off the statin, however.

Thanks for the info Nelson. I really respect your input. I am sure you have posted on this elsewhere but if I have no statin side effects, in a nut shell, what you you see as the main problems with them?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me