can cytomel by itself be used to treat hypothyroidism

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vince

Super Moderator
Vince -

Did you have noticeable symptoms with respect to your hypothyroidism? Ostensibly, I have a thyroid issue, but at best, I have a few minor symptoms. Accordingly, I'm reluctant to take any meds just to treat the numbers.
I really don't have much in the way of notable symptoms. But I do know all of the health benefit of having good free T3 levels and one of the benefits is in coronary artery disease. The free T3 receptors in your liver help remove bad LDL cholesterol something I'm always working to achieve.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

DragonBits

I had hypothyroidism before trt, I never had my thyroid levels in a good range. My fear is what my doctor is going to say when she sees my TSH. I'm going to have to get on my soapbox again and hopefully she let me have my way.

I am really curious about this statement.

Why does it matter what she says? What sort of control over you does she have? Is it that she administers your TRT and insurance pays for it? She will maybe disavow you as her patient?

Vince

Super Moderator
I am really curious about this statement.

Why does it matter what she says? What sort of control over you does she have? Is it that she administers your TRT and insurance pays for it? She will maybe disavow you as her patient?
She has no control over me but she's my lipidologist. I would like her to do my labs and yes my insurance covers a lot of it. I know I could buy my meds from reliable RX and run Labs through discount labs. But I know how doctors sometimes freak out about low or zero TSH, something they should not worry about when someone is on thyroid meds.

Robotics

Yes recently they have concluded this. Not so in the past. I'm struggling to get my FT4 higher than 50% even though I take 200mcg of Synthroid daily. So I'm now taking 300mcg daily and will get labs after 6 weeks to see the effect. I am still hypothyroid despite all that, even though my RT3 is good.

Do you have any references that go more in depth on that? If RT3 and FT3 are good, how an optimal FT4 is helpful?

Robotics

Started cytomel this week. 5mcg for a week then 10mcg for a week then 15mcg until retesting levels in about 2 months. Hoping it will increase my t3 and in turn lower my rt3

how did treatment with T3 end up going? and did you end up finding a good dose that increased your FT3 to the upper range?

Vtail

She has no control over me but she's my lipidologist. I would like her to do my labs and yes my insurance covers a lot of it. I know I could buy my meds from reliable RX and run Labs through discount labs. But I know how doctors sometimes freak out about low or zero TSH, something they should not worry about when someone is on thyroid meds.

A friend is a commercial pilot who has to get a medical certificate every 2 years because he's over 40 yrs old. Within the last year he realized he's hypothyroid and was put on cytomel. He felt great but his TSH went to almost zero with very low FT4. So his doctor put him on synthroid which raised his FT4 a bit but didn't do much to his TSH. A few months later when he went to get his aviation medical exam, he discovered that Synthroid raises a flag in the system. The FAA doctor required a blood test from within the last year showing normal TSH. Luckily he had one, although currently his TSH is still below the range but he feels better than ever. Not sure what he's going to do in the next 2 years. Guess he will have to juggle his meds to produce an 'acceptable' blood test - crazy . . .

Vince

Super Moderator
A friend is a commercial pilot who has to get a medical certificate every 2 years because he's over 40 yrs old. Within the last year he realized he's hypothyroid and was put on cytomel. He felt great but his TSH went to almost zero with very low FT4. So his doctor put him on synthroid which raised his FT4 a bit but didn't do much to his TSH. A few months later when he went to get his aviation medical exam, he discovered that Synthroid raises a flag in the system. The FAA doctor required a blood test from within the last year showing normal TSH. Luckily he had one, although currently his TSH is still below the range but he feels better than ever. Not sure what he's going to do in the next 2 years. Guess he will have to juggle his meds to produce an 'acceptable' blood test - crazy . . .
Yes, it's pretty hard to get the proper dose of T4 and T3. It is a pain. But I do believe it's one that's worth working through.

Good luck in your progress and please keep us informed on how it goes for you.

DixieWrecked

That's great, man! Why do people take thyroid meds twice a day? Using the googler, I found that the half life for T3 is 2.5 days and T4 is basically a week.

Vtail

That's great, man! Why do people take thyroid meds twice a day? Using the googler, I found that the half life for T3 is 2.5 days and T4 is basically a week.
Everyone seems to have their own individual response. In my case, I've tried taking t3 once a day and also splitting the dose. I never felt any difference, so now I just take it once/day first thing in the am and give myself an hour before eating or drinking anything.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me