can cytomel by itself be used to treat hypothyroidism

Buy Lab Tests Online

DragonBits

Yes I did have a complete thyroid panel before supplementing with iodine, it didn't improve my thyroid. It may have stopped the damage but didn't repair it. Everyone I talk to who has hypothyroidism couldn't reverse the damage.

Thanks, do you think the damage was caused by excessive iodine, or it was idiopathic?

Sorry for the questions, just trying to learn as much as I can from the experts.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Thanks, do you think the damage was caused by excessive iodine, or it was idiopathic?

Sorry for the questions, just trying to learn as much as I can from the experts.

I would assume I became hypo because of low iodine, I am told that people who are hypothyroidism 85% of them are women. If this is true I don't know, but I believe being pregnant can mess up your thyroid hormones. When my wife was pregnant with her last child, she was diagnosed with Graves disease.

technomentor

I'm in the same situation as many of you, high RT3 that is, and in my case my thyroid antibodies are also above reference range indicating that my immune system is attacking my thyroid. I've been doing a ton of research and have found a number of useful thyroid sites as well as sites specific to RT3. I can post links if others are interested.

I've yet to start a treatment plan for a couple of reasons... trying to find a doctor knowledgeable about thyroid AND I can actually get in to see (1st available is Sept!); my research indicates that adrenals need to be addressed/ruled out before thyroid (which come before male hormones), and trying to understand best dosing options.

Systemlord

I'm in the same situation as many of you, high RT3 that is, and in my case my thyroid antibodies are also above reference range indicating that my immune system is attacking my thyroid. I've been doing a ton of research and have found a number of useful thyroid sites as well as sites specific to RT3. I can post links if others are interested.

I've yet to start a treatment plan for a couple of reasons... trying to find a doctor knowledgeable about thyroid AND I can actually get in to see (1st available is Sept!); my research indicates that adrenals need to be addressed/ruled out before thyroid (which come before male hormones), and trying to understand best dosing options.

You might consider Defy Medical, you don't have to worry about whether or not the next doctor is going to be a good one or not. I only have to wait 4 weeks until my consult, they offer telecommunication services and everything is mailed to you.

ratbag

It`s age related. As we age we become hypothyroid (low thyroid) and low on all other hormones. So it`s the natural ageing process you are seeing. I had nodules on my thyroid initially that were resolved with cytomel, synthroid and iodine. My Lamestream MD wanted to do biopsies because thyroid nodules show calcifications (they think it hides cancer) but they all disappeared after a year on thyroid meds and iodine. I`still have to take cytomel and synthroid.

technomentor

Systemlord...Fortunately I have good insurance so I'm trying to stay in network. I do however have a list of other doctors, including Defy, on my options list. My list was extracted from reviews of posts on ExcelMale, the doctors list Vergel compiled, plus other thyroid related sites.

I have an appointment with my naturopath on Thursday and will see how that goes.

Vince

Super Moderator
I got my throid labs back today, I'm disappointed in the results. I wonder why I feel good? Maybe it's from my TRT. I also got back my testosterone panel, I'll post it later.

a1.jpg

My protocol Synthroid 50 mcg and liothyronine (Cytomel) 25 mcg

1Draw

Vince thats amazing that your T4 actually went DOWN on Synthroid. May be the fillers in it or not high enough dosage. Here is good information from Dr. Childs who likes Tirosint T4 med better than Synthroid.

https://www.restartmed.com/synthroid-weight-loss/

In this article he discusses why patients don't lose weight on Synthroid which is not your case but, it still covers all the reasons why it may not work. Keep us posted. Very interesting conversation.

Here is more on Tirosint dosing from Dr. Childs: https://www.restartmed.com/tirosint/

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
Vince thats amazing that your T4 actually went DOWN on Synthroid. May be the fillers in it or not high enough dosage. Here is good information from Dr. Childs who likes Tirosint T4 med better than Synthroid.

https://www.restartmed.com/synthroid-weight-loss/

In this article he discusses why patients don't lose weight on Synthroid which is not your case but, it still covers all the reasons why it may not work. Keep us posted. Very interesting conversation.

Here is more on Tirosint dosing from Dr. Childs: https://www.restartmed.com/tirosint/
Thanks 1Draw, I have a lot work to do before it's right.

OMI100

90mg armour (who people are saying isn't very good anymore) is 1.5 grains which equals approx. 12mcg T3 and 52.5mcg T4. With T3 below range many people feel depressed. Also your Ft4 is below 50% (1.25) You also need to increase this. By substituting NDT with Cytomel you end up losing more T4. You may have to take 100mcg Synthroid to get yout FT4 above 50%. Hopefully 25mcg T3 should get your T3 towards the upper end.
I think RB hit the nail on the head.
You current TSH is staring to scream at your thyroid "MAKE MORE TYHROID HORMONE" and your current script is not providing adequate amounts...
Get the Tiredthyroid book. She has a good section talking about combinations and figuring out correct dose...

Vince

Super Moderator
I think RB hit the nail on the head.
You current TSH is staring to scream at your thyroid "MAKE MORE TYHROID HORMONE" and your current script is not providing adequate amounts...
Get the Tiredthyroid book. She has a good section talking about combinations and figuring out correct dose...

You're right I need to buy the Tiredthyroid book and learn how to fix my thyroid.

Vince

Super Moderator
My old Thyroid protocol
Synthroid 50 mcg and liothyronine (Cytomel) 25 mcg

My new one will be
Synthroid 62.5 mcg and liothyronine (Cytomel) 37.5 mcg

opinions, comments

1Draw

Vince, what did wreck havoc on thyroid levels mean? Caused a hyper or hypo condition.

I have a supplement that has 5 mg iodine, I decided not to take this as 5 mg is very high for Iodine, what i have read it could cause hypo or hyper thyroid conditions.

What happened with you?

Would genetics play a part of the cause? I certainly don’t know because in my parents era thyroid was never heard of. Maybe our great medical society putting fluoride in water and removing iodine from salt has had an effect.

Vince

Super Moderator
Would genetics play a part of the cause? I certainly don't know because in my parents era thyroid was never heard of. Maybe our great medical society putting fluoride in water and removing iodine from salt has had an effect.
The reason they put iodine in salt was to help prevent goiter. So yes I would have to agree with you. I no longer drink city water, I supplement with iodine and eat food with selenium.

Vince

Super Moderator
[/LEFT]

Vince how do you dose 37.5mcg T3? In Canada the pharmacies only supply 25 mcg pills or 5 mcg pills. There is no other choice.
I'm splitting a 25 mcg plus a full 25 mcg, also I'm getting a 125 mcg of Synthroid that I'm splitting. I'll have labs in 8 weeks.

Fizzypopcorn

Started cytomel this week. 5mcg for a week then 10mcg for a week then 15mcg until retesting levels in about 2 months. Hoping it will increase my t3 and in turn lower my rt3

Attachments

• 1FAB0349-D86C-4A80-8860-A4135DA43DE0.jpeg
    1FAB0349-D86C-4A80-8860-A4135DA43DE0.jpeg
    616 KB · Views: 232

Vince

Super Moderator
Started cytomel this week. 5mcg for a week then 10mcg for a week then 15mcg until retesting levels in about 2 months. Hoping it will increase my t3 and in turn lower my rt3
I'll be interested to see how much cytomel you will need to lower your reverse T3 and what effect it has on your testosterone.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me