Bloodwork...need advice on high prolactin

Buy Lab Tests Online

Snicks134

I'm currently on 60mgs e3d...libido is all over the place. Wondering if the fluctuation in prolactin is the cause? My prolactin changes with every bloodwork, it has fluctuated from 18-47 in recent tests. Anyone have similar symptoms? Also, I'm currently taking 200 synthroid .

SmartSelect_20180908-144718_Drive.jpg
SmartSelect_20180908-144731_Drive.jpg
SmartSelect_20180908-144747_Drive.jpg
SmartSelect_20180908-144801_Drive.jpg
SmartSelect_20180908-144731_Drive.jpg

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Where your prolactin levels check the same time. Your prolactin levels change throughout the day, so the test is usually given between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.—about three hours after you wake.

M

MarkM

The PTH of 47 is not your Prolactin. It is parathyroid hormone (PTH) levels. PTH is made by four tiny parathyroid glands in your neck. These glands control calcium levels in your blood.

Your Prolactin levels were 16 and 18.8 and all hormones will fluctuate. If you have sex and ejaculate the day before or on the day of your labs your Prolactin will be elevated but the same is true for your PSA but I do not see that the PSA was tested. If you are supplementing with arginine it can also elevate your prolactin levels.

It is possible that there is a tumor on the pituitary gland which can elevate prolactin levels but if that was the case I would expect the prolactin to be much higher than 16 to 18.8. This is something you should discuss with your doctor.

Last edited by a moderator:

CoastWatcher

The PTH of 47 is not your Prolactin. It is parathyroid hormone (PTH) levels. PTH is made by four tiny parathyroid glands in your neck. These glands control calcium levels in your blood.

Your Prolactin levels were 16 and 18.8 and all hormones will fluctuate. If you have sex and ejaculate the day before or on the day of your labs your Prolactin will be elevated but the same is true for your PSA but I do not see that the PSA was tested. If you are supplementing with arginine it can also elevate your prolactin levels.

It is possible that there is a tumor on the pituitary gland which can elevate prolactin levels but if that was the case I would expect the prolactin to be much higher than 16 to 18.8. This is something you should discuss with your doctor.
Excellent comments here. Typically, a prolactinoma would produce consistently higher levels.

Systemlord

I believe the fluctuations have more to do with your injection frequency, SHBG is lower and levels are expected to fluctuate with the 3.5 days between injections. I always stress how important and EOD protocol is for low SHB men.

How long have you been on your current TRT protocol?

Guided_by_Voices

I have found a low dose of Chasteberry to be helpful. It is well-known to lower prolactin and it is cheap and easily available. Like anything else, it takes some experimentation to calibrate.

Snicks134

I believe the fluctuations have more to do with your injection frequency, SHBG is lower and levels are expected to fluctuate with the 3.5 days between injections. I always stress how important and EOD protocol is for low SHB men.

How long have you been on your current TRT protocol?
3 months

Need answers to your sexual activity prior to each test...any activity/orgasm/etc etc can elevate prolactin levels. This has been asked about once already and you avoided it.

Snicks134

Where your prolactin levels check the same time. Your prolactin levels change throughout the day, so the test is usually given between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m.—about three hours after you wake.
Yes, testing was done around 8ish in the am for all of my tests.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me