Biotin in multivitamin

Buy Lab Tests Online

alexkharrod

I am going to have my testosterone total and free tested and I was not aware that biotin could interfere. I am taking a Kirkland multivitamin that has 30mcg of biotin. Do I need to discontinue and wait 2 days before having my bloodwork done, or is that small amount unimportant? I understand some people take huge doses, so just want to be sure.

thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
I am going to have my testosterone total and free tested and I was not aware that biotin could interfere. I am taking a Kirkland multivitamin that has 30mcg of biotin. Do I need to discontinue and wait 2 days before having my bloodwork done, or is that small amount unimportant? I understand some people take huge doses, so just want to be sure.

thanks

If you are taking high doses as in greater than 1 mg (1000 mcg) per day than it can interfere with lab tests.

The amount in your multi is only 30 mcg.

I take a Thorne Basic B Complex daily and it has 400 mcg of biotin.

I have had my labs done numerous times and the dose of biotin in my b-complex has never caused an issue with my testosterone levels.

Attachments

• JAN8-BIOTIN-ClinicalChemistry_Biotin-Chun_Feb2017_0.pdf
    105.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator
Testosterone

Biotin doses of 300 mg/day can falsely increase testosterone levels using competitive biotin-streptavidin capture assays.2,3

 Some data suggest that patients should be instructed to avoid taking high doses of biotin for 72 hours prior to having testosterone levels drawn.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me