Best medication for anxiety?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

t_spacemonkey

apart from benzos (which are a no-go long term), as someone who delt with anxiety for many years, i like to stick to non dependance forming substances.
a) for daily use: lemon balm extract, passion flower extract, kava root. - ideally to take breaks or use them every other day and rotate
b) for heightened states/as needed: mexidol (emoxypine), gabapentin/lyrica(do not use every day), clonidine. I consider lyrica (and gabapentin to a lesser extent) baby benzos, however the withdrawal from those is quick and brutal vs long and brutal (10 days vs months/years) if used daily.

bixt

Here is the solution which has been hiding in plain sight.

MAOI's.

Higher efficacy than SSRIs for all kinds of depression including MDD (major depressive disorder), exceptionally effective for different types of anxiety (social, general, panic), and of utmost importance to everyone on this forum - does not mess with libido unlike SSRIs!

Increases ALL the monoamines not just serotonin. So dopamine as well!

No blunting, no anhedonia, no loss of emotion, hardly any side effects.

Cheap.

The list goes on and on....

All old, cheap and out of patent so not marketed. Lots of overhyped FUD created with regards to tyramine poisoning, so not prescribed at all these days. If there is one field today's doctors are totally illiterate in and have zero knowledge of, its MAOIs. You will probably have better luck with and old grandpa doctor prescribing these.

IMO MAOI's should go back to being first line therapy. From what I have read, Parnate (Tranylcypromine) comes highly recommended. Lots of success stories and posts on reddit on this topic of MAOIs.

t_spacemonkey

MAOI's.

Higher efficacy than SSRIs for all kinds of depression including MDD (major depressive disorder), exceptionally effective for different types of anxiety (social, general, panic), and of utmost importance to everyone on this forum - does not mess with libido unlike SSRIs!

Cheap.

All old, cheap and out of patent so not marketed. Lots of overhyped FUD created with regards to tyramine poisoning, so not prescribed at all these days. If there is one field today's doctors are totally illiterate in and have zero knowledge of, its MAOIs. You will probably have better luck with and old grandpa doctor prescribing these.

IMO MAOI's should go back to being first line therapy. From what I have read, Parnate (Tranylcypromine) comes highly recommended. Lots of success stories and posts on reddit on this topic of MAOIs.
methylene blue is a MAOIs. i used it for unrelated reasons. always felt a mood boost on it. I have no concerns taking this, while i would never touch any pharma AD

TLR

MAOI's.

Cheap.

I’ve wondered about these myself and have read they are the “gold standard” for social anxiety and panic disorder. My biggest concern would be if it increases norepinephrine if it would cause urinary retention. In my quest to replace Zoloft after it quit working I tried Effexor which is an SNRI and it locked my bladder up like Fort Knox….

bixt

Real all reviews, positive and negative, for all possibilities:

9 out of 10 reviews have given this drug a rating of 9/10 or 10/10. Of notable interest is that SSRIs have failed for most of these people but the MAOI worked.

The tiny balance is a minority of reviews which are 1/10. Complications such as tyramine intolerance leading to hypotension (just avoid aged cheese...) and a case of a botched hysterectomy.

Contrast that to SSRI's which are a hit or miss, and when they do work its a given your libido is going to be tanked.

T

tareload

9 out of 10 reviews have given this drug a rating of 9/10 or 10/10. Of notable interest is that SSRIs have failed for most of these people but the MAOI worked.

The tiny balance is a minority of reviews which are 1/10. Complications such as tyramine intolerance leading to hypotension (just avoid aged cheese...) and a case of a botched hysterectomy.

Contrast that to SSRI's which are a hit or miss, and when they do work its a given your libido is going to be tanked.
Actually now on escitalopram for almost a year. Libido and performance really haven't taken a hit. Must be the extra Test haha.

BTW, a lot of satisfied clonazepam users on the reviews. Solid drug.

sammmy

When you evaluate the spectrum of a drug effects and side effects, you do not rely on "studies" or on an average rating "score". You read ALL reviews because when you start, it may happen to you, doesn't matter how small the percentage of reviews that experience it.

I don't notice the Parnate reviews mentioning sexual side effects which is good for anti-depressant, but I noticed quite a few satisfied reviews that mentioned insomnia induced by it. That makes me think that Parnate is leaning towards a stimulant.

bixt

When you evaluate the spectrum of a drug effects and side effects, you do not rely on "studies" or on an average rating "score". You read ALL reviews because when you start, it may happen to you, doesn't matter how small the percentage of reviews that experience it.

I don't notice the Parnate reviews mentioning sexual side effects which is good for anti-depressant, but I noticed quite a few satisfied reviews that mentioned insomnia induced by it. That makes me think that Parnate is leaning towards a stimulant.

I once read a trt review where the poor chap broke the needle INSIDE himself, and another poor guy who developed an abscess from a subq inject gone wrong. I now have to take a xanax each time prior to injecting.

sammmy

And I once read 200 positive reviews of Gabapentin and only 2 mentioned that it suppresses orgasm, which is logical because that is how it works. According to your logic, I should discount and make joke of them?

I got anorgasmia just from 100mg Gabapetin. The negative reviews, no matter how infrequent, always carry the biggest information load. Parnate causing insomnia, is not only possible but also logical due to its proposed mode of action. So basically it is acting like a safer stimulant.

TLR

Obviously we don’t all respond the same due to individual variations, otherwise we would all be on the same dosages of the same medicines and they would have the same efficacy and side effects. Science and studies and anecdotal evidence can guide this, but we are all our own n=1 in each instance. This is why I don’t mind generalizations when it comes to these types of topics, but cannot stand absolutism when it comes to specifics.

bixt

You have to go with the majority anecdotes when choosing a drug to try. If a drug gives the overwhelming majority of people a particular effect, there's a good chance it would for you too. Yes, only by actually using it yourself would you know for sure, but this way you are betting on the winning horses. Life is too short to test each and every drug and give them each the requisite waiting periods. You will die before you have tested them all.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me