Best amino to stop muscle breakdown after fasting?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gianluca

what would be the best option in terms of amino acid to use after a long period of fasting, es after sleeping all night, to stop muscle breakdown?

Glutamine, BCAA, a blend of free essential amino or leucine itself?

I have been using Glutamine first thing in the am for a couple of years for this regard

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I use leucine only. I have used glutamine in the past. To be honest, I cannot tell if it makes a difference.plus I am on 200 mg of test cyp a week which probably helps too.

Re-Ride

Foods providing up to 3 grams / serving of leucine include 100g of parmesan cheese, roasted soybeans, sirloin steak, chicken breast. 100g servings of pork tuna or pumpkin seed yield about 2.5 g of leucine.

https://us.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/leucine-peptides/11092637.html?variation=11092645

Used for six months through Dec last year. The claim is that this form is superior. I don't know about that but it does dissolve well and it tastes good sprinkled over veggie gruel which tends to be low in leucine. Wait for a sale, pay no more than $15 per pound for this stuff.

madman

Super Moderator
what would be the best option in terms of amino acid to use after a long period of fasting, es after sleeping all night, to stop muscle breakdown?

Glutamine, BCAA, a blend of free essential amino or leucine itself?

I have been using Glutamine first thing in the am for a couple of years for this regard

If one attains his daily protein requirements throughout the day than muscle breakdown during a temporary fasted state when avoiding food intake or sleeping should be insignificant in ones overall results. Whole eggs, chicken, beef, fish, whey protein, EAAs, or micellar casein ( cottage cheese ) and adding some healthy fats would be an option before bed but only if one feels the need to do so as it is not going to be the determining factor in preserving muscle tissue.

Gianluca

thanks for your reply, yes considering someone eat enough protein during the day it should not be a big deal, although lately I have been trying to stop eating about 3/4 hours before going to sleep, which actually makes me feel better, so I would stop eating let's say around 7 and going to sleep around 11pm, and not getting my BF till around 8am, that is about 12 H with not food, science says that after a meal, with enough protein we still have amino acid circulating for about 6 hours, again if we eat enough protein, I remember reading one of the Frank Zane book where he was mentioning about the fact that the body will start puling out nitrogen in the form of L-Glutamine out of muscle after 6 hours of fasting, and he was advising to use amino acid as first thing in the AM before breakfast

Honestly I always took religiously FZ advice and I have been doing it for two over two years now, but I'm actually trying to look at the science back up of this process

If one attains his daily protein requirements throughout the day than muscle breakdown during a temporary fasted state when avoiding food intake or sleeping should be insignificant in ones overall results. Whole eggs, chicken, beef, fish, whey protein, EAAs, or micellar casein ( cottage cheese ) and adding some healthy fats would be an option before bed but only if one feels the need to do so as it is not going to be the determining factor in preserving muscle tissue.

Gianluca

sorry correcting myself FZ in his book says that after 10 hours after eating not 6, out body start pulling out nitrogen in the form of L-glutamine from the BCAA

thanks for your reply, yes considering someone eat enough protein during the day it should not be a big deal, although lately I have been trying to stop eating about 3/4 hours before going to sleep, which actually makes me feel better, so I would stop eating let's say around 7 and going to sleep around 11pm, and not getting my BF till around 8am, that is about 12 H with not food, science says that after a meal, with enough protein we still have amino acid circulating for about 6 hours, again if we eat enough protein, I remember reading one of the Frank Zane book where he was mentioning about the fact that the body will start puling out nitrogen in the form of L-Glutamine out of muscle after 6 hours of fasting, and he was advising to use amino acid as first thing in the AM before breakfast

Honestly I always took religiously FZ advice and I have been doing it for two over two years now, but I'm actually trying to look at the science back up of this process

Formula364

I have always liked KIC (ketoisocaproate) - a form of leucine. It's not the greatest solo, but when combined with HMB, it's very effective. Both are excellent anti-catabolics. Both KIC and Leucine stimulate insulin secretion.

From the article pg 8132: "Valine is the only branched chain amino acid that is solely glucogenic, and its metabolic fate in muscle may be regulated somewhat differently than that of leucine which is only ketogenic."

http://www.jbc.org/content/253/22/8126.full.pdf

Insulin Secretion:https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20736162

Gianluca

nice thank you

I have always liked KIC (ketoisocaproate) - a form of leucine. It's not the greatest solo, but when combined with HMB, it's very effective. Both are excellent anti-catabolics. Both KIC and Leucine stimulate insulin secretion.

From the article pg 8132: "Valine is the only branched chain amino acid that is solely glucogenic, and its metabolic fate in muscle may be regulated somewhat differently than that of leucine which is only ketogenic."

http://www.jbc.org/content/253/22/8126.full.pdf

Insulin Secretion:https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20736162

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale