Average Injection Beginner TRT Dose

Buy Lab Tests Online

GreenMachineX

For men, it seems the best the place to start is around 100mg weekly spread into a couple doses, but what if the best place for a woman to start? My wife was on cream for a couple months but it didn't move her numbers much (dose unknown but way too expensive) and now on 20mg every 2 weeks. Does the frequency rule apply to women too, as in at least once per week injections? Is this a good starting dose? Thanks in advance.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

GreenMachineX

Twice weekly is best for women on injections, 5-10 mg per week is a good place to start.
2.5 mg twice-weekly

Guess she needs to call the doctor and discuss switching to more frequent injections. Thanks all.

TLR

For men, it seems the best the place to start is around 100mg weekly spread into a couple doses, but what if the best place for a woman to start? My wife was on cream for a couple months but it didn't move her numbers much (dose unknown but way too expensive) and now on 20mg every 2 weeks. Does the frequency rule apply to women too, as in at least once per week injections? Is this a good starting dose? Thanks in advance.
I may be able to tell you soon….I’m in the process of dropping my dose down to the lowest I’ve ever done in 12 years (50 mg a week)….i may become more of an expert on female dosages by the time this is over!!! Ha!

GreenMachineX

I may be able to tell you soon….I’m in the process of dropping my dose down to the lowest I’ve ever done in 12 years (50 mg a week)….i may become more of an expert on female dosages by the time this is over!!! Ha!
I'm in the same boat...7mg test cyp daily works great for me!

TLR

I'm in the same boat...7mg test cyp daily works great for me!
I’m just hitting 25 mg twice a week….I really think I’ve been overdosing the whole time…I’m past the point of worrying about aesthetics…as long as I feel good, my “thumper” works a few times a week and my health markers are good, I’m good. Tired of shit being so complicated!!!

GreenMachineX

I’m just hitting 25 mg twice a week….I really think I’ve been overdosing the whole time…I’m past the point of worrying about aesthetics…as long as I feel good, my “thumper” works a few times a week and my health markers are good, I’m good. Tired of shit being so complicated!!!
Lol I know exactly how you feel, while I do care a little more than i care to admit about aesthetics, I know what's best for me and it's not that.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
For men, it seems the best the place to start is around 100mg weekly spread into a couple doses...
I'm still working to change this mentality. The idea that 100 mg a week is a good place to start probably stems from the old Depo-Testosterone protocol of 200 mg once every two weeks. You need a whopping dose to carry you through almost three half-lives. But if you're willing to inject twice weekly then it makes sense to use a starting dose that's more in line with average physiology, e.g. 60-80 mg per week. This is also more congruent with the low-and-slow philosophy of dosing hormones; the belief is that the experience is better/safer if you start on the low side and work up slowly if needed.

Blackhawk

I'm still working to change this mentality. The idea that 100 mg a week is a good place to start probably stems from the old Depo-Testosterone protocol of 200 mg once every two weeks. You need a whopping dose to carry you through almost three half-lives. But if you're willing to inject twice weekly then it makes sense to use a starting dose that's more in line with average physiology, e.g. 60-80 mg per week. This is also more congruent with the low-and-slow philosophy of dosing hormones; the belief is that the experience is better/safer if you start on the low side and work up slowly if needed.
Anecdotally, I support this view.

I started on 150, had problems of high T, and it was misery every time I reduced dose until new stable level. I am down to about 7.44mg/day (52mg/week) including ester weight (5.6mg/day, 39mg/week T sans ester weight). After losing weight from cancer and a bunch of complications am gaining pounds back again in remission, and getting back closer to normal in terms of physical and mental energy. Even though it is not pushing the touted "upper end of normal range" free T, to me, it is enough, and I am happy and feel healthy. In retrospect, 100mg/week and free T at the top end was not necessary.

I am not against 100mg/week in cases where there are no associated high T issues. The reason I keep my dose this low is ongoing battle with HGB/HCT, which is probably more due to kidney and stem cell issues after long term anemia rather than TRT. Jury is still out on this though.

Where to target based on that experience, and where I am at currently is hard to parse out, but I think 60-75mg/week would have been a better start and that even at 60mg, would have more than relieved hypogonadal symptoms from the get go, and prevented the need to go through dose reductions. The concept of having Free T at upper normal is no longer compelling to me. I feel good with free T even less than mid normal range, whereas at 3.1 pg/ml before TRT I was miserable. On current dose, 52mg/week I am so much better than when I was hypogonadal.

So depends on what you want and how your body does on a given dose. If you want serious anabolic gains take more, but be aware of possible complications. If you want to just correct hypogonadism to physiological functional level, less can work great.

N=1

GreenMachineX

Anecdotally, I support this view.

I started on 150, had problems of high T, and it was misery every time I reduced dose until new stable level. I am down to about 7.44mg/day (52mg/week) including ester weight (5.6mg/day, 39mg/week T sans ester weight). After losing weight from cancer and a bunch of complications am gaining pounds back again in remission, and getting back closer to normal in terms of physical and mental energy. Even though it is not pushing the touted "upper end of normal range" free T, to me, it is enough, and I am happy and feel healthy. In retrospect, 100mg/week and free T at the top end was not necessary.

I am not against 100mg/week in cases where there are no associated high T issues. The reason I keep my dose this low is ongoing battle with HGB/HCT, which is probably more due to kidney and stem cell issues after long term anemia rather than TRT. Jury is still out on this though.

Where to target based on that experience, and where I am at currently is hard to parse out, but I think 60-75mg/week would have been a better start and that even at 60mg, would have more than relieved hypogonadal symptoms from the get go, and prevented the need to go through dose reductions. The concept of having Free T at upper normal is no longer compelling to me. I feel good with free T even less than mid normal range, whereas at 3.1 pg/ml before TRT I was miserable. On current dose, 52mg/week I am so much better than when I was hypogonadal.

So depends on what you want and how your body does on a given dose. If you want serious anabolic gains take more, but be aware of possible complications. If you want to just correct hypogonadism to physiological functional level, less can work great.

N=1
Your doing 7.4mg daily? How do you dose it that accurately? I do as best I can 7mg...or 6.5mg to 7mg per day which had me at 117 free T on range 35 to 155. But I'm just guessing it 6.5mg to 7mg, going by looks looks like a little less than half between the 6mg and 8mg hash mark on a slin pin.

Blackhawk

Your doing 7.4mg daily? How do you dose it that accurately? I do as best I can 7mg...or 6.5mg to 7mg per day which had me at 117 free T on range 35 to 155. But I'm just guessing it 6.5mg to 7mg, going by looks looks like a little less than half between the 6mg and 8mg hash mark on a slin pin.

The math for the dose:
4:3 blend, 4 parts cyp to 3 parts prop (7 parts) by weight in mg
(When mixing, by volume it's 2:3 because cyp is 200mg/ml and prop is 100mg/ml.)
4:3 gives total of 7 parts for proportioning

Dose pure T weight 5.6g/day
4/7 * 5.6mg(pure T weight) = 3.2mg/.7 = 4.57mg cypionate (weight with ester) @ 200mg/ml = .023ml
3/7 * 5.6mg(pure T weight) = 2.4mg/.837=2.87mg propionate (weight with ester) @ 100 Mg/ml = .029 ml

Total dose, .052 ml or 5.2 units

0.3 ml insulin syringes have wider spacing between unit marks which make it easier to visualize fractional doses. I also use 3 power reading/magnifying glasses to see accurately, and draw just a bit more than 5 units, just so I see a bit of space between plunger and the unit marking. Close enough for me for dosing consistently. I know I am always somewhere between 5.1 and 5.4. close enough

Last edited:

Cataceous

Super Moderator
The math for the dose:

Dose pure T weight 5.6g/day
4/7 * 5.6mg(pure T weight) = 3.2mg/.7 = 4.57mg cypionate (weight with ester) @ 200mg/ml = .023ml
3/7 * 5.6mg(pure T weight) = 2.4mg/.837=2.87mg propionate (weight with ester) @ 100 Mg/ml = .029 ml

Total dose, .052 ml or 5.2 units
If your dose is 0.052 mL then:

Volume of TC = 2/5 * 0.052 mL = 0.0208 mL
Weight of TC = 200 mg/mL * 0.0208 mL = 4.16 mg
T from TC = 70.0% * 4.16 mg = 2.91 mg

Volume of TP = 3/5 * 0.052 mlL = 0.0312 mL
Weight of TP = 100 mg/mL * 0.0312 mL = 3.12 mg
T from TP = 83.7% * 3.12 mg = 2.61 mg

Total T = 2.91 mg + 2.61 mg = 5.52 mg

Blackhawk

If your dose is 0.052 mL then:

Volume of TC = 2/5 * 0.052 mL = 0.0208 mL
Weight of TC = 200 mg/mL * 0.0208 mL = 4.16 mg
T from TC = 70.0% * 4.16 mg = 2.91 mg

Volume of TP = 3/5 * 0.052 mlL = 0.0312 mL
Weight of TP = 100 mg/mL * 0.0312 mL = 3.12 mg
T from TP = 83.7% * 3.12 mg = 2.61 mg

Total T = 2.91 mg + 2.61 mg = 5.52 mg

@Cataceous , the math I posted above is based on your own from when we first talked about the 4:3 ratio. Your's here is 5:2

Cataceous

Super Moderator
@Cataceous , the math I posted above is based on your own from when we first talked about the 4:3 ratio. Your's here is 5:2
In the second paragraph of your post you're applying the 4:3, TC:TP ratio to the testosterone rather than the ester weights. In my calculation you have:

(Weight of TC) / (Weight of TP) = 4.16 mg / 3.12 mg = 4/3

What caught my eye in your calculation is the relatively large difference in (T from TC) versus (T from TP). My rule of thumb is that to obtain appropriate serum variation I need the contributions to testosterone from each ester to be similar.

This is just about fixing the post hoc math. Your ester blend is as it's supposed to be.

TLR

I’m glad we have engineers and math folks on here! They lost me in eighth grade when letters started showing up with numbers in the problems!!!

Blackhawk

I’m glad we have engineers and math folks on here! They lost me in eighth grade when letters started showing up with numbers in the problems!!!

Me too!

In the second paragraph of your post you're applying the 4:3, TC:TP ratio to the testosterone rather than the ester weights. In my calculation you have:

(Weight of TC) / (Weight of TP) = 4.16 mg / 3.12 mg = 4/3

What caught my eye in your calculation is the relatively large difference in (T from TC) versus (T from TP). My rule of thumb is that to obtain appropriate serum variation I need the contributions to testosterone from each ester to be similar.

This is just about fixing the post hoc math. Your ester blend is as it's supposed to be.

EDIT: Actually, still confused. I'll go back and look at our initial conversation

Last edited:

Cataceous

Super Moderator
... I'll go back and look at our initial conversation
I just did that and see that you did use the same numbers there and I missed the error at that time. Fortunately it doesn't matter—you're creating the blend as intended and the only other variable is the dose size; your first paragraph above correctly conveys the important information:

The main thing is that the 4:3 ratio is by ester weights, mg TC versus mg TP. The different ester concentrations lead to the different ratio by volume, 2:3.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me