AUTOPHAGY helps defeat BRAIN disease, says Dr Nadir Ali, M.D.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vince

Super Moderator

At about the 9 minute mark Dr Ali starts talking about how autophagy helps defeat Alzheimer, Parkinson, and other brain diseases.

From what I've gleaned.... his #1 remedy for brain disorders is autophagy and EAT FATS (keto).

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Autophagy is a process in which the body's cells remove damaged or unnecessary components[1][2]. Researchers have linked autophagy to several positive health effects, such as preventing illnesses and diseases[3]. Autophagy is also implicated in certain human diseases, and it can serve to protect cells but may also contribute to cell damage[4]. Autophagy can be induced by fasting, exercise, and curcumin intake[1]. However, much of the research into autophagy is still in its early stages, and scientists do not have a full picture of the health implications of autophagy[1][2][5].

BigTex

My wife got to be an expert on autophagy back in 2020 when she contracted Covid 19 and was the 1st group to report long haul Covid 19 symptoms. Doctors had no idea what was going on and insisted patients were imagining these symptoms. The body's process of autophagy as @Nelson described is the process of fighting illness, in particular the elevated lymphocytes and cytokines caused by Covid 19. After reading and reading, people started reporting in a few self-help groups that intermittent fasting might be causing autophagy and fighting off the virus. As the pandemic went on, doctors and researchers started looking into these claims of success and determined that this dietary restriction activates autophagy, a cell surveillance system that boosts up immunity. The FLCCC Alliance now list intermittent fasting as part of the treatment for not only Covid 19, but long haulers and post-vaccine treatment.

The ketone acetoacetate created during fasting is expected to break the viral spikes in a similar manner and thus may confer some immunity against SARS‐CoV‐2. Intermittent fasting or consumption of ketogenic diets may be considered to precondition the body to decrease the severity of the cytokine storm if subsequent SARS‐CoV‐2 infection occurs.

Last edited:

sammmy

Two problems with that presentation:
1. The current theory that Alzheimer is due to accumulation of misfolded proteins in the brain was not confirmed in the latest trials of Alzheimer drugs that reduce those proteins but did not improve patients.
2. On one of the slides he shows that MTOR is coupled by eating lots of protein, which will reduce autophagy. That flies in the face of the carnivorous diet that is mostly protein, yet it reduces inflammation and improves health in many people.

My personal experience is that elimination of simple sugars (sugar, glucose, fructose, lactose) from my diet has an immunosuppressive effect - I stopped having arthritis aches in my hips, stopped limping, stopped having aches all over my legs, arms, and upper back, all due to immune hyperactivation. I get these symptoms back whenever I slip and eat simple sugars even in minimal quantities.

Note, that reducing inflammatory symptoms like in my example with not eating sugars is not "boosting your immune system" but suppressing it. For example if you have a headache from a viral infection, taking ibuprofen will kill the headache but will not "boost your immune system". Similarly, if you have an autoimmune disease, taking an immunosuppressant drug will reduce or eliminate your symptoms but that doesn't "boost your immune system". It just prevents it from activating. And lastly, cytokine storm by COVID-19 is treated by immunosuppressants - again the opposite of boosting your immune system.

Boosting your immune system is a completely different thing in medicine, not suppressing symptoms.

Vince

Super Moderator
Two problems with that presentation:
1. The current theory that Alzheimer is due to accumulation of misfolded proteins in the brain was not confirmed in the latest trials of Alzheimer drugs that reduce those proteins but did not improve patients.
2. On one of the slides he shows that MTOR is coupled by eating lots of protein, which will reduce autophagy. That flies in the face of the carnivorous diet that is mostly protein, yet it reduces inflammation and improves health in many people.

My personal experience is that elimination of simple sugars (sugar, glucose, fructose, lactose) from my diet has an immunosuppressive effect - I stopped having arthritis aches in my hips, stopped limping, stopped having aches all over my legs, arms, and upper back, all due to immune hyperactivation. I get these symptoms back whenever I slip and eat simple sugars even in minimal quantities.

Note, that reducing inflammatory symptoms like in my example with not eating sugars is not "boosting your immune system" but suppressing it. For example if you have a headache from a viral infection, taking ibuprofen will kill the headache but will not "boost your immune system". Similarly, if you have an autoimmune disease, taking an immunosuppressant drug will reduce or eliminate your symptoms but that doesn't "boost your immune system". It just prevents it from activating. And lastly, cytokine storm by COVID-19 is treated by immunosuppressants - again the opposite of boosting your immune system.

Boosting your immune system is a completely different thing in medicine, not suppressing symptoms.
Sammy, I believe you're wrong. He talks about eating lots of fats. He's not high on protein.

sammmy

It's not about his diet but what he shows on the slides.
At 5:20 minutes he shows that mTOR is activated by nutrient rich conditions (high glucose and high amino acids).
At 14:00 minutes he shows "mTor? - Activated by protein intake" but did not comment on it.

These two slides are opposing the carnivorous diet.

David Sinclair does exactly the same - he is against eating a lot of protein:

The Harvard scientist explains that red meat is non-beneficial. It is suitable for athletes or bulking up, but when looking at the evidence, high protein, carnivorous, red meat-based diets are not beneficial for a longer lifespan. High protein will shut off sirtuins, and the branched-chain amino acids in meat activate mTOR, inhibiting autophagy.

Vince

Super Moderator
It's not about his diet but what he shows on the slides.
At 5:20 minutes he shows that mTOR is activated by nutrient rich conditions (high glucose and high amino acids).
At 14:00 minutes he shows "mTor? - Activated by protein intake" but did not comment on it.

These two slides are opposing the carnivorous diet.

David Sinclair does exactly the same - he is against eating a lot of protein:

Yes, I agree. Low carb diet works.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale