Armour thyroid

Buy Lab Tests Online
What is the typical starting dose and what how low of a tsh is safe? I'm currently on 30 mg or 1/2 grain and my tsh is 1.6. Would going to a full grain be safe?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

OMI100

I agree with Vince and will add that self medicating with Armour or any other thyroid med is dangerous business and could lead to some serious health issues. Hell... Even some DRs have no clue and can screw you up. If you think you have thyroid issues you need to search out a qualified MD first. If you want to do some research on your own look here:
http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/
and here:
http://www.tiredthyroid.com/
and here:
http://hypothyroidmom.com/
Then if you want to dig deeper you can order 2 great books, one from the first reference and the second book from the second reference above.

The doctor checks my free t3 also range was 2.3-4.2 and I was at a 3.4 I still have trouble with cold hands and feet and my body temperature is low 97s so he said we could increase my armour that's why I'm asking. I'm not self medicating just looking for others input as I know doctors aren't always the best.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Sportsfan, the thing is, on paper your FT3 looks Okay, pulling a bit above the 50% area of your reference range. That in itself might not be all that bad, however there's still other variables that are playing a crucial role. That being FT4 and Reverse T3. The FT3 can look absolutely spot-on, but on the other hand that could just reflect pooling, where FT3 serum has built-up to a sufficient level, but it's at a standstill, not getting into the cells effectively; essentially pooling, or in other terms it's loitering and just hanging out.

This is usually problematic (but not limited to) cortisol and iron/ferritin issues, and even electrolytes, D3, and other factors can play into this. When issues like cortisol and iron are evident, the thyroid picks up that T3 is lagging, thus it switches gears to compensate with higher yields of T4 conversion to RT3, which promotes higher levels of ADP. The ratio of FT3/RT3 can be counter checked easily enough to know if this indeed a factor ...

This is a dynamic regulation mechanism that the body has in place to conserve energy when the body recognizes that the transport of FT3 is reduced, which also reduces the synthase process of ATP. An easier way to recognize this process is the example of getting the flu. Notice how lethargic you get, no energy, wiped out, etc.? It's just another example of this process in action to protect the body. You could even say the same thing with a fever, when the body is taking self preservation steps to fight infections and viruses as an example. The body will yield higher conversion rates of RT3 during these events, to simply allow the body sufficient time to heal and recover.

Transport agents like cortisol, iron, D3, etc., are crucial for for FT3 getting to the cells. So to conclude, the body is just recognizing an "issue" is evident, therefore it follows its protocol to reverse course with higher rates of you guessed it, Reverse T3.

My post might be a bit excessive, based just on just the fact that you're looking at a 1/2 grain increment, but it will hopefully provide greater insight with understanding that there's variables much more critical that just a TSH lab. You need the full picture to see the whole picture. And just for the record, 1/2 grain is actually very, very minimal in the scheme of NDT protocols! 2 to 3 grains tends to be pretty common, and I know some that even do 4 and 5 grains per day. Titrating up 1/2 grain/week till reaching optimum well being is usually a good approach IMO, but cover the the other labs first, make sure your labs are where they need to be first before making adjustments with your physcian. Just my .02.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me