Arimdex - can it make you angry

Buy Lab Tests Online

bm1981

I had high estrogen levels and started taking arimdex - 0.25mg every 3rd day. I have become really angry while on it, starting to fall out with people and create arguments.

I am due for blood work soon and would be surprised if my levels are low (prob about 30)....is there any link?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
What is "high" Estrogen...you say something and don't give us a number. People think 35 is high and if that were the case you added .25mg E3D it would be detrimental...point being "high" could be anything.

one of the side effects of too low e2 is called "DHT rage" that's how meat heads call it.. so yeah too low e2 may cause anger.
Hi,

I have bipolar disorder and take lots of meds to treat that. Also, as a consequence of the meds, the disorder, or life situations, my testosterone declined to 330 a few mos ago so my doctor put me on Axiron testosterone gel. Anyway, it did nothing, so we tripled the dose, then after a few weeks I hit 1100, so backed off to an in-between dose which has helped libido and mood and energy a bit.

However recently I started to notice a bit of edema and "moon face". I had been on TRT a long time ago and at the time my doctor prescribed 1mg of arimidex every other day, so I asked my new doctor if I could take that this time as well.

After about 5 days and 3 1mg doses of Arimidex, I have realized I have gotten extremely ANGRY...is there such a thing as TRT-generated "roid rage"? Like, screaming at parents, having images of wanting to strangle my dad if he says one cross word to me...they are also being *******s right now and I am (or trying to) taper off of Paxil, but I am wondering if Arimidex could potentially cause this increase in aggression (and increased depression).

When Arimidex inhibits the production of estrogen, I'm assuming that means more testosterone stays around? How do estrogen and testosterone differ in terms of their effects on mood and neurotransmitters, etc. I was feeling great a few days ago, but mood has gone to shit, very depressed, and super angry and irritable. I won't take arimidex for a week as I know it has a large half life, and I don't know, maybe my dose was too high to take along with the Axiron (i'm at 2 swipes 2x a day). Oh, I also take 75mg DHEA which I believe had a big impact on my mood over the past month.

Anyway, I'm going a little nuts here so any help would be appreciated. I am not typically a rageful person, although I have been angry at my alcholic father for oh just about 20 years, normally i keep it inside where it has steeped and turned into depression and addiction myself...but watching him kill himself slowly when I'm visiting my parents, and seeing how terrible his mood is and how much he wants to take his suffering out on ME, well that is just too much to bear right now, and the hormonal stuff isn't helping.

So any advice? For sure if I do start arimidex again, i wont take 1mg EOD, what is a more reasonable dose? I should probably just say ****ig and get all my hormones measured again.

bm1981

We don't have the sensetive test here, my estrogen was 61 during my trough readings (converted to US format). I did intially take 0.5 every 3rd day and believe I felt a crash so I am I think aware of what that feels like so as sure as I can be that 0.25 isn't crashing me.

It's just I take a dose of arimdex and I appear to become super angry and aggressive. I also leaned out bloat wise too sex drive has all blunted as well and orgasms feel less intense.

Systemlord

We don't have the sensetive test here, my estrogen was 61 during my trough readings (converted to US format). I did intially take 0.5 every 3rd day and believe I felt a crash so I am I think aware of what that feels like so as sure as I can be that 0.25 isn't crashing me.

It's just I take a dose of arimdex and I appear to become super angry and aggressive. I also leaned out bloat wise too sex drive has all blunted as well and orgasms feel less intense.

There's your problem, it's impossible to know exactly where your E2 is when you're getting E2 labs for a female. For all we know you're E2 could be at 31 on a sensitive test, based off how you're reacting to arimidex, the other's nailed it.

bm1981

That's a shame not really sure what my options are then.

I am trying to lose as much fat as I can and get to lean levels - I suspect once I have achieved that I would be best splitting my trt dose up to twice a week(and dropping the AI) but smaller doses) that will hopefully give me the best chance of keep excess T-E conversion.

That's a shame not really sure what my options are then.

I am trying to lose as much fat as I can and get to lean levels - I suspect once I have achieved that I would be best splitting my trt dose up to twice a week(and dropping the AI) but smaller doses) that will hopefully give me the best chance of keep excess T-E conversion.

.5mg is still a heavy dose for a male though it sounds tiny, I don't think we get many guys using more than .25mg at one-time, and actually most use less in the .125mg range.

user_joe

You don't have a reliable way to test e2 so it's trial and error. Current ai dose is too much. Maybe you don't need any at all? Depends how you feel, and not a number.

doutee

suppressing estrogen i think can lead to depression (or at least in my experience) so its conceivable that it would make you angry if your feeling sad or maybe its cause it increased your testosterone so you feel more aggresive.

To answer your question directly - yes. Everyone experiences E2 symptoms differently, but for me low E2 comes with extreme irritability and greater hostility. That is one of the easiest ways for me to distinguish between low and high without bloodwork. The subjective symptoms are very similar, but for me low E2 is more of an edgy, anxious feeling, whereas high E2 is more of an anhedonia/apathy. If you noticed increased anger after taking a hefty dose of arimidex, it is very likely your E2 is low. I wouldn't say it's necessarily "crashed," but it is probably getting close. It is too bad you do not have access to the sensitive test. Perhaps you may have to rely on free E2 testing

Last edited:

bm1981

I will hopefully be in America (either New York or Florida) next year so I might see if I can get a sensitive test done while there.

In mean time I am going to look into splitting by dose so I have smaller more frequent injections and stay off the arimdex.

CoastWatcher

I will hopefully be in America (either New York or Florida) next year so I might see if I can get a sensitive test done while there.

In mean time I am going to look into splitting by dose so I have smaller more frequent injections and stay off the arimdex.
Keep in mind that the state of New York prohibits self-testing, one of a handful that do.

hva

I get extremely irritable and anxious with low E2. Little things just set me off. Your dose of .25mg every 3rd day is pretty high. I would expect that much to crash my E2 within a week. I would try it once a week and pay close attention to how you feel.

bm1981

Thanks guys all very helpful.

It's very strange as I took arimdex at 1mg a day for a month when younger for gyno (dr prescribed) and didn't notice any real mental changes (my natural T doubled).
Yet on actual TRT I appear to have had an awful reaction.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me