Are all SHBG testings the same ?

Buy Lab Tests Online

eli

If I get SHBG tested at Labcorp and a different lab, would the results be the same ? Different references perhaps but the result is the same ?

Thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

If I get SHBG tested at Labcorp and a different lab, would the results be the same ? Different references perhaps but the result is the same ?

Thanks

There is always a variation, sometimes subtle, sometimes not so subtle, when lab tests are run - the body isn't static. That said, I always believe it to be a good idea to run tests at the same lab whenever possible as that is one less variable to factor.

eli

I don't know how to ask the question... let me try it again. If i get tested for shbg at two different labs at the same time, same seconds, would the results be the same but different range numbers?

Would it be something like this?

11 range: 10 - 65
11 range: 16 - 50

Results are same but ranges are different, or numbers change as ranges change? Aw man sorry if it's confusing

I believe it has to do with the specific accuracy of the test. Accuracy vs. precision is what you're basically asking. Look up the definitions of accuracy vs precision, I didn't really think there was a difference in meaning, but there is.

Basically think of it like this, if you have two clocks, A and B. A is correct, B is fast by 45 minutes.
They both are good at keeping their time, but B needs an adjustment.

So if you have to meet someone at 12, you can't use B, only A. If you have to meet someone in 20 minutes, you can use either one. So 12pm isn't the same on both, but you can use them both as timers!

I hope that makes sense.

ERO

That makes sense to me.

Also, just to take the clock analogy a bit further out of science and into humor - there is an old saying that even a broken clock is right twice a day :)

The part I'm sure about is that your test result would be different. Lab ranges or values is something else. For my purposes I only, ever, use Quest. For consistency. There's no way that two labs are going to get the same result. I highly doubt it and that's why only ever use on lab. One service center, actually.

eli

So here's what happened... I tested SHBG at 7.5, 6 weeks ago at 60mgs a week. The ranges for that test was 11 to something. I tested again but at a different lab, and I had also changed my T dose to 90mgs a week since the first lab. This time I tested at 7.8 for SHBG but the range is 16 - 55.

So I was wondering if my SHBG has increased. If those lab testings are similar, but only ranges are different, then that means my SHBG has increased. 7.8 is still an increase, yea .4 but I have also increased my dose to 90mgs

Last edited:
I think, my opinion, it's futile trying to reason that one out. Statistically the difference is zero plus you skewed the two results with the dosing change in TCyp and having them done at two different labs.
You're wasting your time on it...

ERO

Agreed. Statistically the 0.4 is meaningless. Plus with low SHBG guys (I am one of them) we often need our SHBG to increase like 2-300% to be at a useful or more ideal level.My last test showed me at 10 and with a 200% increase I would only be at 20 which is still at the bottom of the range and basically still low. If I had a magic wand, I would raise mine 300% and be at a solid 30.

CoastWatcher

At best, you're talking apples and oranges. Change in protocol, different lab...on top of which you have a statistically insignificant different reading.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me