Anyone in Canada using Life Labs for blood work?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Ardoc

I just received blood work results from Life Labs showing the range for free T has changed dramatically.
it shows the range as 179 - 475 pmol/l my result is 591
previous results had @ 25 - 80 pmol/l my result was 79

it seems odd the the range would change like that? I triple checked and the units (pmol/l) has NOT changed.

i have booked an appointment through Discounted Labs for September when I am in the USA but this does not seem correct.

I will be discussing with my doc soon but any insight or input would be greatly appreciated!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Having seen Life Labs, and their pre-merger identity, CML, gyrate the free testosterone values for over a year,, I simply don't draw blood with them. I am in the States regularly and monitor my TRT through DiscountedLabs.com (as you are about to do). If I ask her, my doctor will arrange a blood draw at the hospital.

Free testosterone values are notoriously hard to quantify and report. A lot of literature exists on the challenges faced in obtaining and evaluating levels.

Last edited:

Ardoc

Thanks for the reply CW. I have so far only booked the special from Discounted Labs that was recently offered here ($139) I was just trying to get a sensitive E2 but am now glad it also has Free T as well.
In your opinion should I be sceptical of the accuracy of all results with LL? Or is this a unique one because of the difficult nature of the test as you describe?

CoastWatcher

Thanks for the reply CW. I have so far only booked the special from Discounted Labs that was recently offered here ($139) I was just trying to get a sensitive E2 but am now glad it also has Free T as well.
In your opinion should I be sceptical of the accuracy of all results with LL? Or is this a unique one because of the difficult nature of the test as you describe?

My other TRT-related values from LL match well with the US draws. No issues there. Don't be surprised if your doctor is confused when you present the issues for discussion.

crazycanuck

With Life Labs I have found out that they will use age based ranges as well as regional ranges (look up BC Life Labs and compare it to the Ontario ranges). I suspect that it has to do with OHIP and what they are willing to set values at as a means of limiting expenses for treatment and subsequent medication.

madman

Super Moderator
I just received blood work results from Life Labs showing the range for free T has changed dramatically.
it shows the range as 179 - 475 pmol/l my result is 591
previous results had @ 25 - 80 pmol/l my result was 79

it seems odd the the range would change like that? I triple checked and the units (pmol/l) has NOT changed.

LIFE LABS previous ANALOG ELISA METHOD range was 25-80 pmol/L and they changed over to the cFT ( CALCULATED FREE T ) using the VERMEULEN METHOD EQUATION. cFT range is 196-636 pmol/L for AGE RANGE of 18-49 years old my result was 225 ( borderline low ), units is the same just different ranges for different methods of testing. I live in STEEL TOWN,,,,,,,,, Hamilton, Ontario!

range of 179-475 pmol/L is for age range >50 years old

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching