Anabolic Steroid-Induced Hypogonadism & Chronic Illness

Buy Lab Tests Online
This patient abused anabolic steroids for many years-reportedly 30 years. We spoke at length about his drug use and what type of anabolic steroids he was using. Like many men and woman who use anabolic hormones, Quinton obtained his hormones on the black market from various sources typically used by other steroid users. He was not monitored by a doctor during his use and from what he told me there was never a time during this period where he was off steroids. His education regarding these drugs came from the internet, steroid sellers, and other bodybuilders at the gym. Since there is no way to guarantee the quality and components of many of these black market drugs there is always a risk of contamination and/or receiving a different chemical than what is expected. The types and amounts of anabolic steroids Quinton was using was significant, but not uncommon amongst many men and women who use AAS. In addition to AAS, many bodybuilders use other drugs in order to enhance their physiques. These drugs include bronchodilators, diuretics, stimulants, peptides, insulin, and the list goes on. Needless to say, Quinton was not using these drugs safely and while using was never honest with his doctor.

It is too soon to know for sure, but it appears that Quinton also was suffering from a chronic illness resulting in complete muscle failure in addition to the symptoms he mentions in the video. We do not know if his is related to his drug abuse, but there is a possibility that its a separate condition. The many doctors Quinton visited when he became ill stacked him on many medications, such as prednisone (for 7 years!), and a list of pharmaceuticals that more than likely contributed to his condition more than relieve it. Unfortunately doctors would not listen to him nor try to understand his history with steroids, whether a contributing factor or not, when mentioned he would immediately hit a dead end while sometimes being treated differently (for being honest). When I learned of his typical steroid stack I was not surprised the conventional doctors backed off fast. These things are not taught in medical school.

Carefully removing him from some of the medications he was placed on by other doctors has made a huge difference in recovery.

In addition, treating his hypogonadism improved his quality of life.

This is not your 'typical' case as there are possibly other contributing factors. But this shows the importance of taking care of your health, knowing what you are putting into your body, and monitoring your blood work. There are many men from my generation who used a lot of anabolics with no monitoring or proper education. They are afraid to talk to their doctors about it, and surprisingly I find many to be adverse to TRT since they relate it negatively to their previous steroid use.

I suspect there are many men who are suffering in silence from steroid induced hypogonadism and other hormone-related conditions due to their fear of discussing these things with their primary care doctors. Not to mention many doctors do not know what to do nor do they know about the commonly abused steroids and interventional treatment needed to reverse symptoms.

It is good to know there are clinic out there who can help and understand

VIDEO: Story of Hope After Years of Complications from Steroid Abuse & Chronic Illness

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
The abuse of anabolic androgenic steroids has been prevalent among men during previous decades. Anabolic steroid abuse has not been traditionally discussed in mainstream medicine, therefore conventional medical care can be limited for those who experience AAS related side effects. Prior anabolic androgenic steroid use is common in young men who seek treatment for symptomatic hypogonadism (low testosterone) and anabolic steroid induced hypogonadism is the most common cause of profound hypogonadism according to Larry Lipshultz MD and Baylor College of Medicine in Houston. Their findings highlight the necessity to refocus the approach to evaluation and treatment paradigms in young hypogonadal men.
Reference:
Anabolic Steroid Induced Hypogonadism in Young Men
Robert M. Coward, Saneal Rajanahally, Jason R. Kovac, RyanP. Smith, Alexander W. Pastuszak, Larry I. Lipshultz. ScottDepartment of Urology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas

Last edited by a moderator:

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Male Central Hypogonadism Secondary to Exogenous Androgens[h=3]A Review of the Drugs and Protocols Highlighted by the Online Community of Users for Prevention and/or Mitigation of Adverse Effects[/b][h=4]Abstract[/b]Androgen- or anabolic steroid-induced hypogonadism (ASIH) is no longer confined to professional athletes; its prevalence amongst young men and teenagers using androgens and/or anabolic steroids (AASs) is rising fast, and those affected can experience significant symptoms. Clinicians are increasingly encountering demanding, well-informed men affected by ASIH, yet lacking authoritative information on the subject may struggle to project a credible message. In this article, we overview the methods and drugs that men use in an attempt to counteract ASIH (with a view to either preventing its onset, or reversing it once it has developed) and summarize the scientific evidence underpinning these. The main channel for obtaining these drugs is the Internet, where they can be readily sourced without a valid prescription. An Internet search using relevant terms revealed a huge number of websites providing advice on how to buy and use products to counteract ASIH. Drugs arising repeatedly in our search included human chorionic gonadotrophin (hCG), selective oestrogen receptor modulators (SERMs) and aromatase inhibitors (AIs). The quality and accuracy of the online information was variable, but review of medical literature also highlighted a lack of scientific data to guide clinical practice. It is important for clinicians to be aware of the AAS user's self-treatment strategies with regard to ASIH side-effect mitigation. By ensuring that they are well-informed, clinicians are more likely to retain the credibility and trust of AAS users, who will in turn likely be more open to engage with appropriate management.

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/843523

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching