All About Oxandrolone

Buy Lab Tests Online
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tareload

I think you hit the nail on the head in terms of describing the experience of anhedonia, but there is no psychiatric drug I've tried which could sustainably resolve that for me. They did have a variety of effects that you might find useful depending on your circumstances, but amplifying the experience of joy (long-term, key qualifier) was not one of them. That, combined with some research around antidepressants increasing vulnerability to repeated episodes of depression, convinced me the overall approach of trying to modify mood with psychiatric drugs is ill-advised.

Maybe I am throwing the baby out with the bath water -- I have not tried every single drug out there (just most of them), or those in development. And your experience may be different.

So far, I've had more luck adopting a philosophy for life that doesn't depend on hedonism than trying to improve my capacity for hedonism.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gman86

I’m a round about way wouldnt your ”genes” be the reason you feel like crap eating a certain way? I’m not doubting you at all and I’ve seen what carnivore did for my lipids. But eating like that also causes me situational depression. it’s very hard to sustain that way of eating. From always preparing food to worrying about what you’re going to eat when you go to a gathering. Or just enjoying a good meal out to eat with the family. It gets very depressing. Especially when you have plenty of people around you that feel great and can eat whatever the hell they want. Lol.
Ugh, I can’t stand that some people can eat and do whatever they want and seem happy as clams, it drives me nuts! Lol. It’s definitely a bummer that some people have to be much stricter than others with their diet and lifestyle to feel good. Not fair! Lol

But ya, it comes down to ur genes, as well as the epigenetic changes that have been done to ur body over the course of ur life. Genes ur born with. Epigenetics is basically how those genes act and operate, based on the things ur body has been exposed to over the course of ur life. So it’s a mix of the genes ur born with, which u obv have no control over, and the things u do to make those genes operate in certain ways.

and I can understand where ur coming from diet wise. We’re all addicted to food, and are used to food being a huge part of most social gatherings, so it’s not easy for a lot of people to drastically change their eating habits. It just all comes down to what ur personal goals in life are. I wish more than anything we could just eat whatever we wanted and feel our best and function at our best, but it’s just not the case unfortunately. Unless the foods that make us feel and function our best happen to be the same exact foods that we crave and derive the most pleasure from, diet wise, of course. Unfortunately those two things don’t always line up perfectly. U

Charliebizz

I feel your pain. Getting old is hard to accept. Fortunately for me I never realized my age until I hit 63, life moved very fast. I have always been thankful I made it as far as I have and had lots of nightmares about how close I have come to an early demise many times. What would have happened if I had not reacted the way I did. I learned to control that by not putting myself in bad situations.

We had an old saying in football, its not the destination, but the journey that matters. We are all on a journey, so make the most of it every day when you wake up. Every day is an opportunity to be a better person. Don't look to the end, just live the day. Obviously the way you think is a learned behavior from your family. Perhaps some help understanding what you were taught and being able to change your thought processes would help you face life. My wife did this with meditation, I spent hours going to work listening to motivational/positive thinking speakers. This helped me think positive when I competed. I always told myself that success was just failure tuned inside out. I have had a lot of failures in my life and competitive career but find a way to turn it around. Just part of the journey.

Again, good luck with your journey!
I feel your pain. Getting old is hard to accept. Fortunately for me I never realized my age until I hit 63, life moved very fast. I have always been thankful I made it as far as I have and had lots of nightmares about how close I have come to an early demise many times. What would have happened if I had not reacted the way I did. I learned to control that by not putting myself in bad situations.

We had an old saying in football, its not the destination, but the journey that matters. We are all on a journey, so make the most of it every day when you wake up. Every day is an opportunity to be a better person. Don't look to the end, just live the day. Obviously the way you think is a learned behavior from your family. Perhaps some help understanding what you were taught and being able to change your thought processes would help you face life. My wife did this with meditation, I spent hours going to work listening to motivational/positive thinking speakers. This helped me think positive when I competed. I always told myself that success was just failure tuned inside out. I have had a lot of failures in my life and competitive career but find a way to turn it around. Just part of the journey.

Again, good luck with your journey!
Great post. Some days I’m able to think very positive. And control my thoughts. But I do believe there is a hormonal component to it. A lot of time if I change my protocol or add something in I get these bouts of depression or anxiety.

HSLD

Conservative protocol for those with access:

Protocol for 14 weeks:
100 mg testosterone cyp or enanthate. Once per week.

50 mg nandrolone once per week

20 mg Oxandrone daily

Then back on TRT 100 to 150 mg per week.

Supplements:
5 grams of creatine daily.
200 mg choline morning time.

Food:
High protein, good fats, low simple carb diet.

Exercise:

30 min cardio plus 45 min resistance exercise three times per week.

Weigh yourself every day to monitor water retention and progress.

Get a full body DEXA scan at baseline and then at month 6.

Monitor your hematocrit and blood pressure.
Thank you for sharing this. How long would you recommend staying on the TC/TE only protocol before returning to the 14 week protocol with nandrolone and oxandrolone?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I think I am going to close this thread.

The title of it is "All About Oxandrolone", but I think that no longer applies.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Thank you for sharing this. How long would you recommend staying on the TC/TE only protocol before returning to the 14 week protocol with nandrolone and oxandrolone?
I am not sure. It is a personal decision that should take into consideration potential long term effects and how easily your body reverses them.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Treatment with oxandrolone (Oxandrin) and the durability of effects in older men

Abstract:
We investigated the effects of the anabolic androgen, oxandrolone, on lean body mass (LBM), muscle size, fat, and maximum voluntary muscle strength, and we determined the durability of effects after treatment was stopped. Thirty-two healthy 60- to 87-yr-old men were randomized to receive 20 mg oxandrolone/day (n = 20) or placebo (n = 12) for 12 wk. Body composition [dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DEXA), magnetic resonance imaging, and (2)H(2)O dilution] and muscle strength [1 repetition maximum (1 RM)] were evaluated at baseline and after 12 wk of treatment; body composition (DEXA) and 1-RM strength were then assessed 12 wk after treatment was discontinued (week 24). At week 12, oxandrolone increased LBM by 3.0 +/- 1.5 kg (P < 0.001), total body water by 2.9 +/- 3.7 kg (P = 0.002), and proximal thigh muscle area by 12.4 +/- 8.4 cm(2) (P < 0.001); these increases were greater (P < 0.003) than in the placebo group. Oxandrolone increased 1-RM strength for leg press by 6.7 +/- 6.4% (P < 0.001), leg flexion by 7.0 +/- 7.8% (P < 0.001), chest press by 9.3 +/- 6.7% (P < 0.001), and latissimus pull-down exercises by 5.1 +/- 9.1% (P = 0.02); these increases were greater than placebo. Oxandrolone reduced total (-1.9 +/- 1.0 kg) and trunk fat (-1.3 +/- 0.6 kg; P < 0.001), and these decreases were greater (P < 0.001) than placebo. Twelve weeks after oxandrolone was discontinued (week 24), the increments in LBM and muscle strength were no longer different from baseline (P > 0.15). However, the decreases in total and trunk fat were sustained (-1.5 +/- 1.8, P = 0.001 and -1.0 +/- 1.1 kg, P < 0.001, respectively). Thus oxandrolone induced short-term improvements in LBM, muscle area, and strength, while reducing whole body and trunk adiposity. Anabolic improvements were lost 12 wk after discontinuing oxandrolone, whereas improvements in fat mass were largely sustained.
Full article:

Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel