AI and exogenous T level ???

Buy Lab Tests Online

Speed

I asked this on facebook group also, but would like to hear more opinions about this.
So, if we're on TRT, will using AI increase serum T levels if estrogen is high and we lower it by AI.
Or, only E2 will go down and serum T will remain the same ?
I never read that someone talked/wrote about this when exogenous T is introduced.
Based on my personal experience, Arimidex only lowered my E2. T level remains the same...

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
If you are on TRT an AI has no influence on total testosterone. It decreases estradiol. If you are not on TRT, it increases testosterone and decreases estradiol.

I see no reason an AI would increase a serum level of Exo T. Perhaps for someone NOT on TCyp, maybe, but probably more positive impact from dropping E (if testing shows elevated) and thus changing the T:E ratio.

Vince

Super Moderator
I believe Dr. Crisler said he only put one patient on an AI that was not on testosterone. He said nothing about his T going to (exogenous) high levels.

GeauxBears

If you are on TRT an AI has no influence on total testosterone. It decreases estradiol. If you are not on TRT, it increases testosterone and decreases estradiol.

Nelson, how is it that an AI can decrease E without simultaneously increasing T, even on a male on TRT? An AI should prevent T from being converted to E2, thereby decreasing E2 AND increasing T...right?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Only 0.3 percent of T gets converted into Estradiol. Remember that units used to measure T are nanograms (one billionth of a gram) per deciliter while estradiol is picograms (one trillionth of a ram) per milliliter. Blocking T to E2 conversion does little when LH and FSH are suppressed by TRT. But for men not on TRT, using an AI to have less E2 means less suppression of LH and FSH via the axis feed back loop. So, blocking estrogen receptors have a bigger effect on LH and FSH in those men with a resulting increase in T production.

I hope this was clear.

View attachment 2095

View attachment 2096

hpta.png

Attachments

• HPTAdetailed.jpg
    HPTAdetailed.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 211
As Nelson said, a minor impact due to the relative concentration differences as I also mentioned over in the other thread. Certainly nothing to give any considerable weight in making the decision of appropriateness of AI therapy.

A potentially stronger effect can often be seen through shifts in SHBG from changes in E2 levels...which would then impact free (not total) T levels.

PAUL-E

As Nelson said, a minor impact due to the relative concentration differences as I also mentioned over in the other thread. Certainly nothing to give any considerable weight in making the decision of appropriateness of AI therapy.

A potentially stronger effect can often be seen through shifts in SHBG from changes in E2 levels...which would then impact free (not total) T levels.
What kind of effect would an AI have on TRT plus HCG have since the HCG stimulates natural production testosterone? from my understanding HCG essentially bypasses the HPTA and stimulates the testis directly unlike clomid that that blocks estrogen to the HTPA tricking it into raising LH. please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
What kind of effect would TRT plus HCG have since the HCG stimulates natural production testosterone? from my understanding HCG essentially bypasses the HPTA and stimulates the testis directly unlike clomid that that blocks estrogen to the HTPA tricking it into raising LH. please correct me if I'm wrong.

The impact of HCG on T levels (when added as an adjunct to a TRT regimen) varies greatly from individual to individual, primarily dependent on your testes' ability to produce endogenous T in response to the HCG stimulation of the leydig cells. In other words, the degree to which you are PRIMARY hypogonadal. I've seen testosterone levels increase several hundred ng/dL after the addition of HCG at various dosages (with no change in T cyp dosage or timing of labs to control other influences), and have also seen T levels not budge at all.

As with basically everything when it comes to hormones...everyone is different (unless you have someone else's cloned pair of testes that is).

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me