Acne Three Weeks In

Buy Lab Tests Online

KSPhD

I am on the following protocol from Defy for my low T. Been on it 3-4 weeks. Everything is going dandy, but for the development of acne in between my pecs, on my cheek and temples of my scalp. I have already searched the board, so I am just checking in to see if there is any new insight into the issue. I am guessing it is the Test dose and we will have to lower it a touch.

I have been using a Tea Tree oil shampoo as well as a SAL3 soap to no avail. My dermatologist Rx'd Clobetasol Propionate for me to try.

Test Cyp - 140 mg/wk (70 mg every 3.5 days)

HCG - 800 IU's/wk (400 IU every 3.5 days)
Anastrozole - 0.50 mg/wk (0.25 mg every 3.5 days)

Thanks in advance.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
What was your DHT levels pre-trt? Genetically you may be prone to acne regardless of your dose as some people are sensitive to this side effect even on lower doses of testosterone. If you are only 3 weeks into starting trt your hormones are in flux so once you balance out things may improve. Start taking fish oil to get around 3 grams EPA/DHA combined and look into retinol- Vitamin A preferably from food sources mainly liver or cod liver oil ( Rositas or fermented cod liver oil ) as it will help reduce inflammation. Keep your diet clean and try to avoid sugars/too much saturated fats, and hopefully your insulin levels are in check. Eats lots of vegetables especially greens and drink plenty of water. Take a supplement to improve your liver health. Zinc is critical 50-100mg/daily will also help.

CoastWatcher

There is a lot of material in the Forum related to acne. This link, https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...-treat-or-prevent-acne-caused-by-testosterone, is a good compilation. I have used Nizoral 2% shampoo. Here in Canada 2% Nizoral is over the counter, one needs a prescription for the 2% strength in the US. As a body-wash it's very effective. Vince Carter, I believe uses Selsun Blue with success.

I would only consider backing down your testosterone dose as a last resort. The relationship between dose and and acne isn't linear and you're risking the success of your protocol if you start down that path.

KSPhD

Thanks Madman. I do most of that already, but for the cod liver oil. Diet is clean, more of a paleo style with refined carbs and starch removed. What supplements would you recommend in regards to liver health?

What was your DHT levels pre-trt? Genetically you may be prone to acne regardless of your dose as some people are sensitive to this side effect even on lower doses of testosterone. If you are only 3 weeks into starting trt your hormones are in flux so once you balance out things may improve. Start taking fish oil to get around 3 grams EPA/DHA combined and look into retinol- Vitamin A preferably from food sources mainly liver or cod liver oil ( Rositas or fermented cod liver oil ) as it will help reduce inflammation. Keep your diet clean and try to avoid sugars/too much saturated fats, and hopefully your insulin levels are in check. Eats lots of vegetables especially greens and drink plenty of water. Take a supplement to improve your liver health. Zinc is critical 50-100mg/daily will also help.

madman

Super Moderator
NAC, milk thistle. CHOLINE is also critical and eggs are high in choline- I would eat 2-4 daily as the yolks are so nutrient dense and you will also get some vitamin a let alone many other important vitamins.

Transient acne is quite possible with ANY new regimen or changes to a regimen due to hormonal changes/fluctuation. The skin generally adjusts over time (sometimes a few weeks, sometimes a few months). Your follow-up labs will tell if there is any particular hormone that may be contributing and may need adjustment, but acne can occur even with appropriate hormone levels simply due to the hormone changes.

KSPhD

Thanks. I will look into those. Eggs are out - I have an allergy.

NAC, milk thistle. CHOLINE is also critical and eggs are high in choline- I would eat 2-4 daily as the yolks are so nutrient dense and you will also get some vitamin a let alone many other important vitamins.

KSPhD

Thank you Dr. Saya. I appreciate the input. I also appreciate the work that Dr. Calkins has done with me thus far.

Transient acne is quite possible with ANY new regimen or changes to a regimen due to hormonal changes/fluctuation. The skin generally adjusts over time (sometimes a few weeks, sometimes a few months). Your follow-up labs will tell if there is any particular hormone that may be contributing and may need adjustment, but acne can occur even with appropriate hormone levels simply due to the hormone changes.

Vince

Super Moderator
That may be true, when I first started TRT. I did get acne but not too severe, now I get very little if any. I do use the Sal3 soap and like showering with it.

What I'd do is get supplemental labs and add DHT and Sensitive E2, just for curiosity sake, but as Dr Saya remarked, some is part and parcel with the game. Having my E controlled as I have to as an individual greatly helped. GREATLY. I had widespread ugly bacne/shoulders/upper arms that was not only painful, but embarrassing. Im also genetically predisposed...had it bad in my teens requiring medical intervention.
Bet thing I am using now is Selsun Blue with Seleniun Sulfate(?)...yes it's a shampoo, use it as a body wash. These two things have largely cleared me up. I use the Selsun Blue twice per day. I also use a back loufa and body brush.
Just try the Selsun Blue once per day, don't get too aggressive with your acne it may be real simple for you in your normal hygiene routine to just switch products and not have to get elaborate measures to control it. I was almost to my Dermatologist asking for something but I didn't think he had much sympathy for my bacne, being on HRT.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me