A cruel irony of TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

andrewBwinter

Could it be a cruel irony for men over 50, that TRT restores a certain "joie de vivre" and sexual interest not experienced since their teen years, while their wives are going through the "silent passage"? Ultimately, there is little to no sex.

I read a study on sex over 50 and the results were something like:
2-3 times per week - 15%
2-3 times per month - 20%
4-5 times per year - 32%
2-3 times per year OR can't remember last time - 33%

Hypothetically speaking.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Could it be a cruel irony for men over 50, that TRT restores a certain "joie de vivre" and sexual interest not experienced since their teen years, while their wives are going through the "silent passage"? Ultimately, there is little to no sex.

2-3 times per week - 15%
4-5 times per year - 32%

Hypothetically speaking.
I had no idea. I find the survey very interesting.

HarryCat2

...that TRT restores a certain "joie de vivre" and sexual interest not experienced since their teen years...

It is not a given that this will happen for most men who go on TRT. In fact, I have a few friends IRL who have tried TRT, as well as myself, and once getting past the honeymoon phase none of us have had much of an improvement in these areas. A couple even quit TRT entirely because they said it just wasn't worth the hassle.

Vince

Super Moderator
It is not a given that this will happen for most men who go on TRT. In fact, I have a few friends IRL who have tried TRT, as well as myself, and once getting past the honeymoon phase none of us have had much of an improvement in these areas. A couple even quit TRT entirely because they said it just wasn't worth the hassle.
I would have to agree with that. Before. TRT I was super horny and with TRT I'm still super horny. Maybe it has to do something with women? At least in my experience, once a woman goes through menopause, she wants to have lots of sex. No longer the threat of getting pregnant.

Vince

Super Moderator
Maybe a study of one is too small?

Despite what the media and prescription drug commercials would have you believe, intercourse in later years often isn’t as pleasurable for couples as it used to be. That’s because of bodily changes such as vaginal dryness and erectile dysfunction, says Kraft. Half of women in their 50s continue having intercourse, but by their 70s only 27 percent of women are doing it.

andrewBwinter

People between ages 50 and 80 have sex twice a month on average, the survey found. While 37% reported not having sex anymore these days, 27% said they have sex at least once a month if not more.

Yes! That's the one. My wife and I laughed because we are in the majority.

SSHSSA74

2-3 times per week - 15%
4-5 times per year - 32%

Hypothetically speaking.
10,000 per cent. It sucks!!!!

VacationMan

Im 48 wife is 43, three kids at home, but the sex situation is just like you describe above. Not frequent enough and not exciting enough.
Secret to success: -Never- stop dating! Then add a little risk and reward to it - find new things that are sure to stoke the fire. Doing the same things over and over again gets boring.

One time, I took the wife on a little weekend getaway and didn't tell her where. I made all the arrangements. We left the kids with good caregivers so she wasn't consumed with thoughts and worries about the kiddos. I packed her bag for her - the works. Told her: "Get in the car, we're going somewhere for the weekend." OMG, was that a weekend to remember!

That's just one example of many. She and I are going on 35 years together now...

So back to the twice per month on average thing? Pffft! No way!

TorontoTRT

Secret to success: -Never- stop dating! Then add a little risk and reward to it - find new things that are sure to stoke the fire. Doing the same things over and over again gets boring.

One time, I took the wife on a little weekend getaway and didn't tell her where. I made all the arrangements. We left the kids with good caregivers so she wasn't consumed with thoughts and worries about the kiddos. I packed her bag for her - the works. Told her: "Get in the car, we're going somewhere for the weekend." OMG, was that a weekend to remember!

That's just one example of many. She and I are going on 35 years together now...

Yes, never stop dating …OTHER women. Someone had to say it ;)

jobshopper

Everyone is different. Here is my situation. My wife and I are both 69 years old. We have been married almost 51 years. We are both on TRT and also take PDE-5 inhibitors as well as numerous amino acids and supplements. We also try to keep our Nitric Oxide levels as high as possible. I try to keep sex interesting and fun to keep her interest high. The result: we have sex 3 to 4 times per week... sometimes twice in the same day. But, as you all know, we are all different.

FlowRW

Been on TRT for 2 years now and have yet to arrive at that point where my sexual function is even half what I was expecting. If my wife wasn't interested , at least I could take matters into my own hands. But that's very rarely a possibility as well.

SSHSSA74

I hear you. We date alot. And when we get away for a weekend the sex is much better. I wish she would try TRT.

Systemlord

Been on TRT for 2 years now and have yet to arrive at that point where my sexual function is even half what I was expecting.
There's four different types of erectile dysfunction, psychogenic, vascular, neurogenic and hormonal erectile dysfunction.

It's possible for one person to have more than one type.

VacationMan

I hear you. We date alot. And when we get away for a weekend the sex is much better. I wish she would try TRT
My wife was on pellets thru her OB/Gyn. Scars on top of scars, and she metabolized the pellets quickly so she was on a roller coaster. Got her connected with Defy and they put her on shots. What a difference! We don't -dare- miss our shots now!

Can't hurt to get your PCP to order labs and see where she sits on the hormone meters (her doc should be doing this anyway, IMHO).

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me