29 or 30G Needles

Buy Lab Tests Online

DJXS

Hello Community,
I'm about to purchase a new box of needles for my TRT injections. I've been using 27G, which has been much better than the 23G my doctor had initially instructed me to use. But with long-term test. injections, I want to use as small of needles as possible, to minimize scare tissue damage over the years. Do you know if it's reasonably possible to push test. with castor oil through a 29G or even 30G needle, using a 1ml syringe? I'll be buying a box of 100, so I want to make sure the needles will work for the injections.

By the way, I can't seem to find 29G needles online. The two shops I use have 27G and then 30G. I'm pretty sure 30G won't work, although it would be great if it would; I think 29G might be as small as you can go with a 1ml syringe and still be able to push the oil through...but I don't see 29G available. If you have a link to an online shop with 29G x 1" available, please share a link to the store.

Thank you!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I use 31g for small doses of T enanthate/propionate in grape seed oil. I'm not sure how it would be with castor oil. I use an auto-loader for the draws so I don't have to hold things while waiting. I get my syringes OTC at Sam's Club, only ~$14 for 100.

DJXS

I use 31g for small doses of T enanthate/propionate in grape seed oil. I'm not sure how it would be with castor oil. I use an auto-loader for the draws so I don't have to hold things while waiting. I get my syringes OTC at Sam's Club, only ~$14 for 100.
Is that with 1ml syringes? The volume of the syringe makes a big difference in the pressure and thus needle sizes that will work to get the oil through. I once tried pushing oil through a 27G with a 3ml syringe and it was nearly impossible, with great strain and the prongs on the syringe bended significantly; but I've been using 27G on 1ml syringes with no issue.

T

tareload

I once tried pushing oil through a 27G with a 3ml syringe and it was nearly impossible, with great strain and the prongs on the syringe bended significantly
I will spare folks the math on why this is. Short answer is push slower as you will have to significantly decrease the linear travel rate in the 3 ml vs 1 ml syringe. But to your point using a 3 ml syringe with 27 g needle requires patience.

T

tareload

The volume of the syringe makes a big difference in the pressure
The diameters of the syringe and needle along with volumetric flowrate drive the required injection force...
Screenshot_20230223_141522_Drive.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gman86

when I was using pharma cyp, in cottonseed oil, I would always draw and inject with 27 gauge 1cc syringe, without any issues drawing or injecting. I tried drawing up with a 28 gauge 1cc syringe, and it worked, but drew up slow, and it would create a lot of tiny bubbles in the oil that was in the syringe as I was drawing. I find that I get those little bubbles in the oil while drawing if the syringe gauge is too small for the carrier oil.

I’ve been using a UGL source for my oils lately, which uses mct oil, which is thinner than cottonseed oil, and I’m able to draw up with 29 gauge 1cc syringes, and I do get tiny bubbles in the oil if I try drawing up too quickly, but if I go nice and slow I don’t get many. What I also do when I’m in a rush is draw up with a 27 gauge 1cc syringe, and then backfill the 29 gauge syringe, and then use that to inject. I havent injected with anything bigger than a 29 gauge syringe in the past 2-3 months, and it definitely makes a pretty prog difference compared to injecting with a 27 gauge syringe. I used to bleed out of the injection site fairly often with 27 gauges, but with the 29 gauges I pretty much never bleed. The 29 gauge also hurts less, which I assume would be obvious. 27 gauges aren’t horrible, pain wise, but definitely more pain than a 29 gauge, which is pretty much painless most injections

even with the mct oil products that I’m using currently, idk if I’d be able to draw up with a 30 gauge syringe. I think it would be too slow, and create too many bubbles in the oil while drawing up. injecting with the 29 gauges aren’t too bad. Slower than 27 gauge, and have to put more pressure down on the plunger, but not horrible. I think I could probably backfill a 30 syringe and inject with it with the mct oil products I’m using currently. I don’t think I’d be able to do it with 31 gauge tho. Would require too much pressure on the plunger, and not be worth it.

haven’t used grapeseed oil products in a while, so can’t speak to them too much. But pharma products in cottonseed or castor oil are definitely more viscous, and based on my experiences with both, the smallest guage I would draw them up with would be a 28 gauge, but ideally a 27 gauge. And if I were to backfill syringes while using products in cottonseed or castor oil, the smallest gauge I would backfill would be a 29 gauge

overall tho, backfilling a smaller gauge syringe to inject with has been a HUGE game changer for me. Just wish I would have started doing it years and years ago. Only started about 5 months ago. Not sure why I never considered it prior.

Vince

Super Moderator
I used 29 g 1/2" .5 cc, I inject 8 mg daily with grape seed oil. If I was using a thicker oil or larger amount of testosterone, I would go with 27g.

aneuman

I tried 31G, 29G, 28G and 27G and very much prefer 27G for sub-q injections, at least for now, but I'm just starting, so it may get old quickly. I do 0.15 mL Test Cypionate Cottonseed Oil (Perrigo) and with 27G it flows extremely easy. Even with 28G drawing was sloooow....Pinning doesn't feel much different from 31G imho, so fwiw, I'm using 27G 0.5 ml insulin syringes like these ones:

EasyTouch U-100 Insulin Syringe with Needle, 27G 0.5cc 1/2-Inch (12.7mm), Box of 100

madman

Super Moderator
Hello Community,
I'm about to purchase a new box of needles for my TRT injections. I've been using 27G, which has been much better than the 23G my doctor had initially instructed me to use. But with long-term test. injections, I want to use as small of needles as possible, to minimize scare tissue damage over the years. Do you know if it's reasonably possible to push test. with castor oil through a 29G or even 30G needle, using a 1ml syringe? I'll be buying a box of 100, so I want to make sure the needles will work for the injections.

By the way, I can't seem to find 29G needles online. The two shops I use have 27G and then 30G. I'm pretty sure 30G won't work, although it would be great if it would; I think 29G might be as small as you can go with a 1ml syringe and still be able to push the oil through...but I don't see 29G available. If you have a link to an online shop with 29G x 1" available, please share a link to the store.

Thank you!

Best to stick with the 27G or 28G as it can be more painstaking depending on the volume of oily solution being injected when using a 30G.

Would not fret over scar tissue unless you are on a daily or EOD protocol and even then it would be minimal when using an insulin syringe.

If anything if you are content with warming the vial every time then you may be able to get away with the ease of drawing/injecting using a 30G.

The only way to know is to try!

I used to use a BD 1mL (100 units) or .5mL (50 units) 28G LDS insulin syringe with big pharma TC (Depo-testosterone) which has cottonseed oil as the carrier and had no issue drawing/injecting.

Easy to avoid any bubbles if you draw properly.

Keep in mind I was pulling .5-1mL (50-100 units) of the oily solution!

Eventually switched to the BD .5mL 30-31G when I started using big pharma TE (Delatestryl) which has sesame oil as the carrier.

Had no issues drawing/injecting let alone bubbles mind you it was somewhat slower than the 28G.

I am back to using the.5mL 28G now.

Gladiator

Been using 30g 8mm 0.5ml for IM injections for 3 years. Draw and inject with same needle. 30g works better for drawing than a 29 or 27g. I’m thinking the shorter distance to draw through with the 30g than the 13mm to draw through for the 29&27g is the reason it’s so much easier.

Bubbles don’t hurt you. I always have a 0.1ml bubble at the plunger to push all the oil out. The little bubbles stops the oil leaking out when I pull the needle out.

An easy way to explain why a 1ml barrel is easier than a 3ml is the hydronic principle of pushing a wide volume through a skinny exit. A 1ml barrel is a skinny volume through a skinny exit.

To many people make this all to complicated with technical comments when people just need it to be an easy explanation.

DJXS

Update: I decided to give the 30G 1" BD Precisionglide needles a try. And they work well. The injections are quite slow, but I don't have to use excessive force to push the plunger; quite easy, in fact (1ml syringes). And the difference in pain for the next couple of days around the injection site between 27G and 30G is significant; a bit of pain with the 27s and none with the 30s.. I'm very happy to have made the switch.

Gman86

Update: I decided to give the 30G 1" BD Precisionglide needles a try. And they work well. The injections are quite slow, but I don't have to use excessive force to push the plunger; quite easy, in fact (1ml syringes). And the difference in pain for the next couple of days around the injection site between 27G and 30G is significant; a bit of pain with the 27s and none with the 30s.. I'm very happy to have made the switch.
Ya I noticed a pretty big difference injecting with a 29 gauge compared to 27 gauge. Less pain when injecting, and blood leaks out less often. Never really got any post injection soreness from 27 gauges, and definitely never do with the 29 gauge. Might give 30 gauges a shot. Thanks for the anecdote

Rabbit91476

What ever is cheapest and available on Amazon. I keep about 500 on hand for the day you can’t get them otc.

Just don’t get animal syringes. The units to ml labeling is different. Didn’t want to get confused

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me