.05ml waste every injection :( working with Defy, prefer my 1" 25G for deep IM.

Buy Lab Tests Online

HarryCat2

So are you supposed to take into account the volume of the plunger with these low dead space syringes? The 0.05mL in your photo includes the volume of the fat part of the plunger, so in fact the amount of test. cyp. is a lot less than 0.05mL. It seems that that plunger messes up the volume you are actually measuring.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

cappy

I inject SubQ, and I prefer a larger gauge needle. I also inject EOD, so my loss was theoretically higher than yours. I was living with the luer-lock deadspace loss and compensating by drawing in a 0.04ml bubble, flicking the syringe until the bubble was at the plunger, then injecting such that the bubble went in last.

That was until I found a fixed needle syringe in my preferred gauge and length. This syringe saves me a bit of time and I have no deadspace concerns anymore. The blue safety flip cap isn't useful for me, but it breaks off easily. I do that to save space in my sharps container.

The link below is for the 1", 25g, 1cc fixed needle syringe by Easy Touch. I bet you'll like it.

EasyTouch® Fluringe® Retractable Safety Syringe w/Fixed Needle, 25 Gauge, 1cc, 1" - 100ct

So are you supposed to take into account the volume of the plunger with these low dead space syringes? The 0.05mL in your photo includes the volume of the fat part of the plunger, so in fact the amount of test. cyp. is a lot less than 0.05mL. It seems that that plunger messes up the volume you are actually measuring.

Maybe but does that mean when I am drawing up the Test, I've been drawing less then I actually need?

I inject SubQ, and I prefer a larger gauge needle. I also inject EOD, so my loss was theoretically higher than yours. I was living with the luer-lock deadspace loss and compensating by drawing in a 0.04ml bubble, flicking the syringe until the bubble was at the plunger, then injecting such that the bubble went in last.

That was until I found a fixed needle syringe in my preferred gauge and length. This syringe saves me a bit of time and I have no deadspace concerns anymore. The blue safety flip cap isn't useful for me, but it breaks off easily. I do that to save space in my sharps container.

The link below is for the 1", 25g, 1cc fixed needle syringe by Easy Touch. I bet you'll like it.

EasyTouch® Fluringe® Retractable Safety Syringe w/Fixed Needle, 25 Gauge, 1cc, 1" - 100ct

Whoa Those look good! I might order a box, just need to find out if I can just order it in California.

HarryCat2

Maybe but does that mean when I am drawing up the Test, I've been drawing less then I actually need?

It depends on how the manufacturer calibrated the scale on the syringe. I order for the volume to be accurate for small volumes the scale would need to be non-linear. In other words you need to draw the plunger back further for the first .05mL than for the last, but the scale doesn't reflect this.

I'd go with the syringes cappy suggests and forget about these low dead space ones.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me