Things your doctor may forget to tell you before you start TRT
- Clomiphene vs HCG?
- What is the most current protocol for those that want to remain fertile?
- What about for those that are older and/or don’t want kids?
- Elevated Hematocrit – TRT may increase your blood viscosity or proportion of red blood affecting cardio health. I’ve spoken to doctors that require the patient to stop trt because of this, donate blood because of this, and even some that do nothing.
- TRT shuts down your natural testosterone production.
- Does TRT help you lose weight? Many people say no, but I’d argue that when you take TRT, your body functions at a much higher level than your baseline, including your metabolism. Not a magic bullet though.
- IM vs Sub q injections – what’s your preference? Needle gauge?
- Gels and creams – which is superior?
- Injecting every two weeks
- TRT can worsen sleep apnea
- Libido improvement
- Monitoring your own labs without a doctor’s visit
- How’d you decide to start Discounted labs?
- Telemedicine – do you see the vast majority of guys using clinics or are they able to treat with any doctor?
- TRT does not cause prostate cancer or heart attacks. Where did this come from?
- Excelmale.com, testosteronepodcast.com, reddit, facebook groups
- Doctor only checking total t – my story
- Some men do not get benefits from TRT – medications to blame?
- Which meds?
- Biggest mistake you see?
- Most important labs to monitor after starting?
Podcast- Nelson Vergel: Things Your Doctor Did Not Tell You