National Therapeutic Phlebotomy Program

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Hello Guys

I am trying to convince a clinic network to set up a program to provide prescriptions to me with high hematocrit that are having problems getting a doctor to order a phlebotomy for them. It seems to be a problem out there. One prescription usually lasts for two years in most blood centers.

In order to justify this program, I would like to find out how much people are willing to pay for something like this.

You would have to have results from a CBC panel that shows your current high (over 52) hematocrit.

Thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Saul

What a great idea.
https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...abs-add-Phlebotomy-Purchase&p=81535#post81535

I still think it is needed. As a personal story, and I am sure this difficulty happens a lot, my close relative has too much iron and needed to have a phlebotomy. But they could not donate because they are taking the drug finistrade. So they tried to go to a doctor to have them draw the blood or give an Rx (the standard medical procedure), and the Dr runs them through a bunch of BS, need a MRI, need and MRI with Dye, Need a blood test before we can give you the dye. Need insurance ok for MRI, need MRI doctor to schedule blood test . . . . on an on. Months later, still too much iron and nothing done. No wonder insurance and med care costs so much and still sucks. Anyway, my relative just said F-it and stopped taking the finistrade so they could donate blood to get the iron levels down. It should not be that hard to have blood drawn.
Nelson, another big market for this is people with hemochromatosis. ~ 1 in 200 Caucasians have the gene pair, and others have high iron for other reason. Many need to (must) donate and can not due to an HH diagnosis or medication or traveling outside the US.
What people will pay is specific to the person and how much money they have. I would think the Rx would be modest and the fee for the donation itself higher due to the cost to draw and dispose of the blood.
I hope it works out.

MarkLA

I might be misunderstanding, but... It would be nice if there wasn't a minimum 52 HCT, other than perhaps a minimum for safety.

My reasoning is that if you're trying to maintain your HCT in a narrow band, say 45-48, you'd want to get a therapeutic when you're at 48-ish.

Yes, doing it at 52 would probably keep people out of the danger zone, but then they're always going to be riding up against the max. Personally, I feel better with a lower HCT.

As far as $, I have heard of places/doctors charging appx $100. That includes, presumably, the finger stick test as well as the procedure. If you don't need the procedure because the finger stick comes back low, I'm not sure if you're are not charged at all or charged a nominal fee.

I might be misunderstanding, but... It would be nice if there wasn't a minimum 52 HCT, other than perhaps a minimum for safety.

My reasoning is that if you're trying to maintain your HCT in a narrow band, say 45-48, you'd want to get a therapeutic when you're at 48-ish.

Yes, doing it at 52 would probably keep people out of the danger zone, but then they're always going to be riding up against the max. Personally, I feel better with a lower HCT.

As far as $, I have heard of places/doctors charging appx $100. That includes, presumably, the finger stick test as well as the procedure. If you don't need the procedure because the finger stick comes back low, I'm not sure if you're are not charged at all or charged a nominal fee.

Hi Mark why would you pay for a 48 when you could just donate a pint which usually drops you 2-4 points. An its free.

MarkLA

Some people can't donate for various reasons. The therapeutic phlebotomy is really the same as donating except the blood is discarded. There is also a "double-red" therapeutic procedure which uses a special machine to remove a pint of blood, centrifuges it and returns the plasma to you, then repeats to get 2 units of packed red cells removed at one time. People with severe polycthemia may need that.

Some people can't donate for various reasons. The therapeutic phlebotomy is really the same as donating except the blood is discarded. There is also a "double-red" therapeutic procedure which uses a special machine to remove a pint of blood, centrifuges it and returns the plasma to you, then repeats to get 2 units of packed red cells removed at one time. People with severe polycthemia may need that.

Oh yes, I remember all those questions the blood bank asks you about. Say yes to any one of them and you are out.

Pringle

This is a great idea that would be an awesome service at the right price. I have hemochromatosis and have a phlebotomy every 6 weeks or so. My doc will not allow my HCT to get over 49 or HGB over 17 before pulling a pint. He also keeps a close watch on ferritin and iron levels. I have a CBC pulled every 6 weeks to determine the need. I have mine done at an oncology clinic and they charge $125 a “pop”.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale