Why Does Testosterone Increase Blood Thickness?

Buy Lab Tests Online

timk

If TRT does not cause strokes or heart attacks my questions are:

1. Why does TRT make my blood so thick I have to donate?

2. Why does my doctor have me take aspirin daily?

What gives?

And I'm so tired of this nagging thought, every day a million times a day, that I'm going to have a heart attack because of this medication.

Current protocol:

27mg TRT & 300IU HCG Monday morning
27mg TRT & 300IU HCG Thursday evening
81mg Aspirin every day
6g L-Arginine daily

Cardio 3 days a week
Lift light 2 days a week

6'
20% body fat

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
If TRT does not cause strokes or heart attacks my questions are:

1. Why does TRT make my blood so thick I have to donate?

2. Why does my doctor have me take aspirin daily?

What gives?

And I'm so tired of this nagging thought, every day a million times a day, that I'm going to have a heart attack because of this medication.

Current protocol:

27mg TRT & 300IU HCG Monday morning
27mg TRT & 300IU HCG Thursday evening
81mg Aspirin every day
6g L-Arginine daily

Cardio 3 days a week
Lift light 2 days a week

6'
20% body fat

Results

For men undergoing TTh, the risk of developing erythrocytosis compared with controls is well established, with short-acting injectable formulations having the highest associated incidence. Potential mechanisms explaining the relation between TTh and erythrocytosis include the role of hepcidin, iron sequestration and turnover, erythropoietin production, bone marrow stimulation, and genetic factors. High blood viscosity increases the risk for potential vascular complications involving the coronary, cerebrovascular, and peripheral vascular circulations, although there is limited evidence supporting a relation between TTh and vascular complications.

Figure 1 illustrates the proposed direct and indirect effects of T on erythropoiesis.
Screenshot (7).png

Conclusions

Erythrocytosis is often a limiting variable in patients on TTh. Direct and indirect effects related to supraphysiologic T levels are believed to mediate the effects on erythrocytosis. The true mechanism of erythrocytosis and its role in thromboembolic events remain unclear, although some data support an increased risk of CV events resulting from T-induced erythrocytosis. Large multicenter randomized controlled trials are required to study TTh, its effects on Hb and Hct, and the clinical significance of treatment-induced increases in red blood cell mass.

Attachments

• DEC20-ERYTHRO-1-s2.0-S2050052117300410-main.pdf
    377.6 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

Henry

Not all people have that problem. I've been on TRT for almost 5 years now and I run in the 1300's total T. I get my blood tested every 6 months and my HCT and HGB levels are always at the mid ranges. I don't give blood or use aspirin.

I wouldn't worry about it.

JimBob

Should it be managed at all? I think Crisler stopped managing it based on Rouzier's reaearch. This prompted Nelson to respond that it borders on malpractice not to manage it. Another can of worms..

timk

Not all people have that problem. I've been on TRT for almost 5 years now and I run in the 1300's total T. I get my blood tested every 6 months and my HCT and HGB levels are always at the mid ranges. I don't give blood or use aspirin.

I wouldn't worry about it.
What is your protocol?

I'm probably out of order for saying this but I think some men just need to MTFU.

Harsh, but on point. TRT and any medication has risks and a big part in any meds efficacy is the expected outcome. I would speak with your doctor and ask him, rather than ask the mob here. Weigh the pros and cons of it for you. How you feel about your doctor’s answer will kind of tell you what to do. My HCT has stabilized and yours may also. Mine is within one point of what it was pre TRT. Make a decision after getting more knowledge. Some men are wired in a way that they will worry anyway. If they are on, they worry as you are doing now. If they aren’t, they obsess in a woulda, coulda, shoulda kind of way. Make an informed decision, burn the boats, and move forward in your training and quest for better health.

M

MarkM

What are your HCT and Hb levels? Are your RDW, MCHC, MHC, and MVC values within rannge?

I have had high HCT and HB for many years and several of my doctor's have told me that when they HCT and HB are above range levels due to TRT, that they look at the RDW, MCHC, MHC, and MVC values closely. Those four values refer to the size, volume and width of the RBC/Hemoglobin. If they are mid-range then the doctors I have dealt with are not too concerned about a higher HCT and Hb, which is my case.

Have your HCT and Hb increased that much based since you began TRT? You are on a relatively low dose of testosterone, 54 mg per week split between two injections you are taking? I wouldn't think such a low dose would push your levels up that much, but we are all different.

mooseman109

What are your HCT and Hb levels? Are your RDW, MCHC, MHC, and MVC values within rannge?

I have had high HCT and HB for many years and several of my doctor's have told me that when they HCT and HB are above range levels due to TRT, that they look at the RDW, MCHC, MHC, and MVC values closely. Those four values refer to the size, volume and width of the RBC/Hemoglobin. If they are mid-range then the doctors I have dealt with are not too concerned about a higher HCT and Hb, which is my case.

Have your HCT and Hb increased that much based since you began TRT? You are on a relatively low dose of testosterone, 54 mg per week split between two injections you are taking? I wouldn't think such a low dose would push your levels up that much, but we are all different.

This is me as well.i have had 2 hematologist look at me and blood work. Both said same as MarkM dr. I was told keep it nelow 54. I have been staying 51-52. I have never been below 49 since years before trt. I still donate 3 times a year. I am trying out daily injections to see if it can stabilize

Blackhawk

N=1, I find the altitude rationalization ludicrous.

I live at over 9000'. My HCT ran at 46-47 my entire adult life. My wife is in normal range as well. We both tend to have very slightly elevated MCH and MCV however.

After poor results from transdermal I was put on too high a dose of T cyp at 150mg/week. Blood T levels went beyond 1500. the upper end of labcorp's range. My HCT and HGB went up staying at 52.5, I was symptomatic, including hypertension systolic elevated~20 points, abnormal shortness of breath and difficulty exercising, facial flushing etc.

I could not donate due to low ferritin. Subsequently, we reduced dosage over 4-6 months to 84mg/week. After around 6 months, HCT and HGB are back where they started, I am asymptomatic and BP is back to normal.

I just do not buy it that you are just fine when symptomatic and BP is elevated like that.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me