What to look for in a TRT friendly primary care physician?

Buy Lab Tests Online

mortarbro

Title pretty much sums up my question. Defy Medical requires me to get a physical exam every year (which is good) and I'm at the point where I need a new one. My current PCP is generally against TRT and told me my levels were totally normal when they're not. Been on TRT 3 months now and feeling absolutely amazing. Now that Im seeking a new PCP, I'm trying to figure out if there's any tricks/tips to finding one that's okay with TRT. I live in Charlotte, NC if that helps.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

My current PCP is generally against TRT and told me my levels were totally normal when they're not.
PCP's don't typically do hormones or endocrine related therapies. Maybe what you need is an endocrinologist or urologists.

Then again if you can't convince a clueless PCP who doesn't specialize in this area of medicine that there's a problem, then it's a challenge to get the referral to see the correct specialty doctor.

It's one big flawed medical system if you ask me.

Been on TRT 3 months now and feeling absolutely amazing.
I'm curious what your PCP thinks about your amazing results after only few months on TRT. I mean if your levels were normal, then you shouldn't notice any benefits.

Last edited:

VacationMan

My PCP doesn't care for TRT either...but...he's aware that I'm seeing Defy for this purpose. I just ask for his support in ordering lab work [since my insurance covers lab work at 100%] while treating my BP and thyroid issues. He's cool with it. I just send him the list of labs (with test and CBT codes) and he orders them for me.

So before tossing in the towel on Defy, you might consider talking to your PCP about something like this. Worked well for me.

canaleshome

I don’t think the OP is looking to leave Defy, just help in what to look for in a PCP for labs and annual physical.
I had same issue. Went to get my physical and labs with my new PCP to send to Defy and had to sit thru my doc telling me abt problems with TRT and how’s he is against it and his old school thinking backs up his problem with this “fad”. He then ordered labs and signed physical since I’m already doing it (and have been for 10 yrs) and we need to see where my levels are and keep it monitored by Defy. I will not tolerate being berated for taking care of my health so I left and immediate looked for a new PCP. I found a young female PCP who was on board with my health.
My advice is find a younger (at least under 50) PCP since, in my experience so far, they seem more open to medical advances in todays world and don’t look at your lab numbers and say you should feel fine.

Systemlord

My advice is find a younger (at least under 50) PCP since, in my experience so far, they seem more open to medical advances in todays world and don’t look at your lab numbers and say you should feel fine.
Don't discount the older doctors, my second endo at Kaiser is the one that put me on 50mg twice weekly. He was even willing to prescribe me topicals to apply on days I wasn't injecting.

He also stated high hematocrit on TRT is of no consequence. Sadly he retired.

It's interesting how I found him, basically I read through various profiles on Kaiser.org and picked him because his profile had listed hobbies that require someone technical, pays attention to details and is coordinated.

He was a scuba diver, and skydiver. You have to be sharp in these hobbies or you're dead.

mikewhew

Title pretty much sums up my question. Defy Medical requires me to get a physical exam every year (which is good) and I'm at the point where I need a new one. My current PCP is generally against TRT and told me my levels were totally normal when they're not. Been on TRT 3 months now and feeling absolutely amazing. Now that Im seeking a new PCP, I'm trying to figure out if there's any tricks/tips to finding one that's okay with TRT. I live in Charlotte, NC if that helps.
Did you find a new Dr.? if so would you please post or dm. thank you

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching