Weight gain from HCG?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Has anyone else experienced weight gain on HCG? I'm also on an antidepressant known for weight gain (Nardil) but I've been fine mysteriously until the day I started HCG recently. Suddenly had tons of food cravings and put on a few pounds (which I suspect is water but who knows).

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Has anyone else experienced weight gain on HCG? I'm also on an antidepressant known for weight gain (Nardil) but I've been fine mysteriously until the day I started HCG recently. Suddenly had tons of food cravings and put on a few pounds (which I suspect is water but who knows).
I’ve had zero weight gain on hCG. When I first started TRT, I did have some weight gain. After a few weeks my hunger subsided.

madman

Super Moderator
I’ve had zero weight gain on hCG. When I first started TRT, I did have some weight gain. After a few weeks my hunger subsided.

Most will notice weight gain when starting trt or struggle with it long after and it has nothing to do with increased hunger as androgens cause retention of sodium, chloride, water, potassium, calcium, and inorganic phosphates.

The majority of the weight gain in the early stages is due to increased ICW/ECW retention which one would piss away rapidly when stopping trt.

* ICW- intracellular water
* ECW- extracellular water

I find it somewhat humorous when some of the men on trt working out claim to have gained 15 lbs of muscle when in fact some of the weight gain is ICW/ECW and not just pure muscle tissue (actin/myosin).

ICW makes up a percentage of what one would call LEAN-MASS GAINS!

In cases of steroid abuse using high doses of testosterone/AAS such as methandrostenolone, oxymetholone the amount of water retained can be extreme in some cases and would be clearly evident when coming off cycle as a significant loss gains (ICW/ECW) will be shed rapidly as in pissed away.

Most will notice weight gain when starting trt or struggle with it long after and it has nothing to do with increased hunger as androgens cause retention of sodium, chloride, water, potassium, calcium, and inorganic phosphates.

The majority of the weight gain in the early stages is due to increased ICW/ECW retention which one would piss away rapidly when stopping trt.

I find it somewhat humorous when some of the men on trt working out claim to have gained 15 lbs of muscle when in fact some of the weight gain is ICW/ECW and not just pure muscle tissue (actin/myosin).

In cases of steroid abuse using high doses of testosterone/AAS such as methandrostenolone, oxymetholone the amount of water retained can be extreme in some cases and would be clearly evident when coming off cycle as a significant loss gains (ICW/ECW) will be shed rapidly as in pissed away.

Thanks Madman, really helpful post as always. I've heard mixed things about HCG and hunger as well as water weight gain. It seems to be unrelated to estrogen, and that it does go away. Regardless, I'm having some issues with anxiety and insomnia on HCG as well and will probably just go back to TRT only.

Vince

Super Moderator

Both when I first started TRT and then nandrolone, my hunger did increase. It took a few weeks for me to get my hunger under control. I did lose the additional weight that I gained. Also my hunger in both cases subsided?

madman

Super Moderator
Both when I first started TRT and then nandrolone, my hunger did increase. It took a few weeks for me to get my hunger under control. I did lose the additional weight that I gained. Also my hunger in both cases subsided?

Sure some may notice such but it is far from common on trt.

Most of the initial weight gain when starting trt is ICW/ECW retention.

Estradiol plays a role.

Testosterone/AAS use will also result in increased glycogen storage in the muscle cell which contributes to ICW stores.

William Llewellyn's ANABOLICS

Estrogen is a regulator of fluid retention in both men and women. This effect appears to be mediated in part by changes in hypothalamic arginine vasopressin (AVP), the primary hormone involved in controlling water reabsorption in the kidneys. Increased levels of estrogen tend to increase AVP levels, which can promote the increased storage of water. Estrogen also appears to act on the renal tubes in the kidneys in an aldosterone- independent manner to increase the reabsorption of sodium. Sodium is the major electrolyte in the extracellular environment and helps to regulate the osmotic balance of cells. Higher levels can significantly increase water in the extracellular compartment. Anabolic/androgenic steroids that either convert to estrogen or possess inherent estrogenic activity, are, likewise, those steroids that are associated with increased extracellular water retention. Estrogenic anabolic/androgenic steroids are generally favored for mass gaining (bulking) purposes. A steroid user may ignore water retention during this phase of training, occasionally even finding the sheer increases in size to be a welcome benefit. Estrogenic steroids such as testosterone and oxymetholone are also regarded as the strongest mass and strength-building agents, which may be caused in part by anabolic benefits of elevated estrogenic activity. The excess water stored in the muscles, joints, and connective tissues is also commonly believed to increase an individual’s resistance to injury. With the use of many strongly estrogenic anabolic/androgenic steroids, water retention can account for a large portion (35% or more) of the initial body weight gain during steroid treatment. This weight is quickly lost once the steroids are discontinued or estrogenic activity is reduced. Non-aromatizing steroids such as oxandrolone and stanozolol have also been shown to promote increased water retention, so this effect is not entirely exclusive to aromatizable or estrogenic substances. Anabolic steroids with low or no estrogenic action tend to produce modest increases in whole-body water and intracellular fluid retention, however, and not in the visible extracellular compartment. These steroids are considered to be more cosmetically appealing and are generally favored by bodybuilders and athletes when looking to improve lean mass and muscle definition. Popular anabolic/androgenic steroids that are associated with low visible water retention include fluoxymesterone, methenolone, nandrolone, oxandrolone, stanozolol, and trenbolone.

Last edited:

ryan98366

I don't gain weight on HCG. I will hold water and look very bloated. My face looks HORRIBLE on HCG. My stomach is all bloated like I'm pregnant. When I quit HCG, I look normal again in a few days. Hope that helps.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me