Really hungry on shot days

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I tell everyone that eating more is not a bad thing when you are trying to lose weight. It is not eating more in 2-3 sittings and also filling your fridge with good stuff so that you do not sabotage yourself.

Eating every two hours snacks or small meals full of fiber, good fats and protein is not impossible. Research studies have shown that this type of "grazing" is best to keep more constant blood glucose blood levels to avoid sudden dips in energy levels ("crashes" or yo-yo effect).

Here are a few snacks I like when I am trying to gain muscle and not gain too much fat (of course, working out 4 times a week is imperative if you decide to eat frequently)

Natural almond butter (I use fresh ones and use grinders now in every store). I dip in it apple slices, bananas, and high fiber crackers.

Mixed nuts with fruit (I have a bag by the computer and take a bag with me in trips)

Shakes containing pasteurized egg whites, Greek style yogurt, frozen berries, bananas, and almond butter (we need fats in those shakes for lower insulin and blood sugar spikes that lead to crashing after consuming shakes)

Yogurt plus nuts

Oatmeal with whey

Tuna with olive oil (I eat it out of the can or add some balsamic vinegar to it)

I cook on Sundays a lot of food (black beans, 5 grilled chicken breasts, black wild rice, etc) and freeze it in small containers for the entire week (I am not too fond of cooking every day or even 3 times a week)

Celery sticks dipped in hummus ( I need to take some Beano since hummus is basically ground up garbanzo beans and they can cause gas)

Salmon only takes 15 min in the oven at 400 F. Fast and great source of protein and good fats.

I microwave a few sweet potatoes and store them in the fridge. I eat them with a dressing made of 2 % Greek style yogurt, garlic, and salt (better than sour cream!)

Anyone undergoing a weight loss and/or muscle building program should plan their weeks ahead so that you can adhere more easily to it with the least trouble and sabotage ability.

Thanks Nelson.
I guess I am going down the correct path then. I do much of what you stated but no dairy products (lactose issues). I ride at least an hour a day and do some basic muscle workouts, using bands and body weight. If I would go to the gym I am sure I would bulk up to not really what I am trying to do. :) rides have sprint sections where its all out for a few min, then spin for a while, and repeat.

I use rice milk and coconut milk in place of dairy. Cannot have almond milk or to many almonds, causes my gout to act up. I moved to almond milk and gave myself a gout attack, found out the hard way.

I found that the local Winco has bulk rice and have the black rice but I have never tried it. I use baby potatoes on my rides sometimes for carbs great to have ready to go. Also moved to steel cut oats rather than the rolled oats. I make the oats on Monday and have enough for the week. Steel oats dont clump up like rolled oats.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I do not eat cereal which is the only time I would justify using coconut or almond milk. Most of those spike glucose as robs2nd75 mentioned.

With the GI you also have to look at the GL of food, the GL will tell you how it will effect the body. I dont drink rice milk by itself but with steel cut oats which are high in fiber. I have tested this already and I dont get blood sugar spikes. I am sure that if I used it alone I would.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me