Warning for Men on TRT: Low Ferritin is Bad

Buy Lab Tests Online

ajax31

I've been off and on trt a few times over the years. Off trt my ferritin runs about 150. Been on trt this run about a year it has dropped to 51. Would vitamin c be enough to boost the levels up to a more optimal level ?
The late Dr. Leo Zacharski, who was an expert in iron metabolism, says that a ferritin between 50 - 100 is the optimal range. His research revealed that the body cannot make use of a ferritin above 80 to increase hemoglobin levels, or red blood cell formation. I know this goes against the grain of thought of many on this forum, but too much ferritin is as damaging and dangerous as too little according to Zacharski.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
The late Dr. Leo Zacharski, who was an expert in iron metabolism, says that a ferritin between 50 - 100 is the optimal range. His research revealed that the body cannot make use of a ferritin above 80 to increase hemoglobin levels, or red blood cell formation. I know this goes against the grain of thought of many on this forum, but too much ferritin is as damaging and dangerous as too little according to Zacharski.

A ferritin level of 100-150 ng/mL would be considered far from too high!

Most should aim for 100 ng/dL.

Donating too frequently will make it difficult to maintain healthy levels.

Adult reference range 30-400 ng/mL
Screenshot (3816).png

*A serum ferritin concentration of <30 µg/L is the most sensitive and specific test for the identification of iron deficiency in patients with or without anemia. However, patients may be iron deficient at much higher concentrations of ferritin.

"The development of iron deficiency anemia is a gradual process. If your body is not taking in enough iron, your body first uses the iron that is stored in tissues (i.e., ferritin) and blood levels of ferritin will begin to decrease. If not corrected, the stored iron begins to be depleted as it is used in the production of red blood cells. In the early stages of iron-deficiency, blood levels of iron can be normal while stored iron, and therefore ferritin levels, will begin to decrease"

Charliebizz

A ferritin level of 100-150 ng/mL would be considered far from too high!

Most should aim for 100 ng/dL.

Donating too frequently will make it difficult to maintain healthy levels.

Adult reference range 30-400 ng/mL
View attachment 13301

*A serum ferritin concentration of <30 µg/L is the most sensitive and specific test for the identification of iron deficiency in patients with or without anemia. However, patients may be iron deficient at much higher concentrations of ferritin.

"The development of iron deficiency anemia is a gradual process. If your body is not taking in enough iron, your body first uses the iron that is stored in tissues (i.e., ferritin) and blood levels of ferritin will begin to decrease. If not corrected, the stored iron begins to be depleted as it is used in the production of red blood cells. In the early stages of iron-deficiency, blood levels of iron can be normal while stored iron, and therefore ferritin levels, will begin to decrease"
How does this apply to men on trt. Like I said off trt my ferritin runs around 150. But my hemo is about a point lower natural and hct is about half a point lower natural. But on trt my ferritin has dropped to 51

What is the mechanism that exogenous testosterone inhibits hepcidin. Can it be too high of a dose ?

Last edited:

Charliebizz

Great video. Made me feel alot better abouty situation. I do want to look further into his work

Charliebizz

How does this apply to men on trt. Like I said off trt my ferritin runs around 150. But my hemo is about a point lower natural and hct is about half a point lower natural. But on trt my ferritin has dropped to 51

What is the mechanism that exogenous testosterone inhibits hepcidin. Can it be too high of a dose ?
Anyone have any insight on this ?

Charliebizz

Interesting study and possibility to lower hematocrit

My ferritin dropped from 157 to 51 being on trt for a year. But my rbc counts are fine. I know 50 is still acceptable. But what if it continues to drop? Will it actually cause symptoms in it self having low ferritin from trt ?

ivkonst2017

Has somebody else except me suffered from too high iron :) Ferritin is always about midrange, little below or little above.
Blood counts are also perfect, hemoglobin has never been higher than 167 and hematocrit never higher than 48, even on t levels of 1300-1400(I try to keep them around 1200)

johnoh

@Wolverine you are a wise man. After all these years, I learned what you mentioned just last week. I thought I knew all things TRT but iron homeostasis is a new subject matter for me. The more I dig into it, the more I realize this subject has not been discussed enough.
My fatigue is starting to lift and my hip pain is almost gone after months. I started iron and vitamin C just a week ago. I am glad I decided to check my ferritin even though I don’t ever need to do phlebotomies.
I am now obsessed with researching about hepcidin and testosterone. I am finding some good stuff and will be writing an article soon.
Nelson - have you summarized your thinking on this topic anywhere? Am very interested to hear if so, ferritin consistenty around 20, not responding to iron supplements, no symptoms, hematocrit 49. Thanks.

Charliebizz

Does anyone know if trt effects on ferritin are lessened by using cream vs injections like some report with its effects on hematocrit or cholesterol?

ivkonst2017

Does anyone know if trt effects on ferritin are lessened by using cream vs injections like some report with its effects on hematocrit or cholesterol?

I think this is something too relative. Everything with cream is very relative, until you try it I think nobody can tell you.

For me the cream didnt work, on 200mg per day I had only 600ng/dl in blood. Also I had terrible anxiety, but erection was rock solid. Still erection is not a priority especially when I feel mentally terrible.

What I have also noticed for me is on IM injections I get higher iron than sub-q.

And as I said in the other threads sustanon is the only TRT product that works for me. I hope you find what works for you as well, you gotta try different sensible systems with respective sensible protocols and give them enough time. For example for cream I think for 4-6 weeks you will fully understand what is going on.

For sustanon if you wanna try it is a bit tricky. When I switch to it immediately I start to feel a bit better, but It takes up to 10 weeks to achieve stable serum levels. It is really tricky ester to use, your serum levels will always vary even if you use it on its correct schedule of EOD and you will not really know how much your total t is :D But in my mind this is far more natural for the body than having a flat-out stable t level all the time

Charliebizz

I think this is something too relative. Everything with cream is very relative, until you try it I think nobody can tell you.

For me the cream didnt work, on 200mg per day I had only 600ng/dl in blood. Also I had terrible anxiety, but erection was rock solid. Still erection is not a priority especially when I feel mentally terrible.

What I have also noticed for me is on IM injections I get higher iron than sub-q.

And as I said in the other threads sustanon is the only TRT product that works for me. I hope you find what works for you as well, you gotta try different sensible systems with respective sensible protocols and give them enough time. For example for cream I think for 4-6 weeks you will fully understand what is going on.

For sustanon if you wanna try it is a bit tricky. When I switch to it immediately I start to feel a bit better, but It takes up to 10 weeks to achieve stable serum levels. It is really tricky ester to use, your serum levels will always vary even if you use it on its correct schedule of EOD and you will not really know how much your total t is :D But in my mind this is far more natural for the body than having a flat-out stable t level all the time
I really think I pinpointed the cause of my headaches. Seems as if I just can't tolerate to high ft and in last labs seems like that's what happens at my peak. I seem to start getting the headaches about 7 hours after injection and then the day after headache starts to get less and less. I inject m-w-f. I tend to have the headaches worse on injection day and usually don't have it on Sundays. So I think I might have to give daily injections another run and lower my overall dose a bit. I currently do 90mg a week split 30mg m-w-f.10 hours After my 30 mg shot on Weds my tt was 879 and ft was 200. Top of range being 155 on the quest test.

Fortunate

I really think I pinpointed the cause of my headaches. Seems as if I just can't tolerate to high ft and in last labs seems like that's what happens at my peak. I seem to start getting the headaches about 7 hours after injection and then the day after headache starts to get less and less. I inject m-w-f. I tend to have the headaches worse on injection day and usually don't have it on Sundays. So I think I might have to give daily injections another run and lower my overall dose a bit. I currently do 90mg a week split 30mg m-w-f.10 hours After my 30 mg shot on Weds my tt was 879 and ft was 200. Top of range being 155 on the quest test.
Very interested in how this is going for you? I have a long history of headache struggles with multiple forms of TRT. I suspect it’s related to excess T, but just don’t know.

Match

My ferritin dropped from 157 to 51 being on trt for a year. But my rbc counts are fine. I know 50 is still acceptable. But what if it continues to drop? Will it actually cause symptoms in it self having low ferritin from trt ?
This problem is a general problem, that TT increases HCT and reduces Ferritin means that it is necessary not to exaggerate exogenous TT at the limits that does not compromise Ferritin and eventual problems, with a solution that is kind of contradictory with iron supplementation, as it also increases HCT. Everything has a price imposed by the body. Isn't that right?

DorianGray

My ferritin is riding at 26 now. I wake up in the morning tired. Never felt this way before in my life. What other underlying effects or damage it may be causing, I wonder.

xcpatr922

OMG this thread is so powerful. I was having very good energy with TRT but after blood donation (I'm scared of 48 HCT) suddenly I feel fatigued and can't perform like before. My ferritin is 12 as of yesterday. Also, I'm eating a lot of eggs every day,, never before I knew it causes iron malabsorption.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me