Two FDA Approved Drugs May Help Fight Baldness

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Two oral drugs—approved by the FDA for inflammation in blood diseases (ruxolitinib) and rheumatoid arthritis (tofacitinib)—grow hair when slathered on skin, report surprised Columbia University researchers in Science Advances.

If future work supports this, the hair-loss community could have new drugs sooner—and cheaper— than usual.

The Columbia team noticed by accident the topical effect of the above drugs—JAK inhibitors—when studying an autoimmune condition leading to hair loss. They had given the drugs orally to tamp down the autoimmune response—and new hair sprouted.

But during that study, the team noticed mice grew hairier when the drugs were applied topically. Could such drugs work directly on hair follicles, not just on the immune system, making them valuable in fighting all kinds of baldness?
After trying the above JAK inhibitors topically on mice sans autoimmune disease, they had the tantalizing start of an answer.

“By using [the above] JAK inhibitors to lower the level of JAK-STAT signaling, we found the compounds could activate the hair growth phase (anagen)” in mice, senior author and Columbia geneticist, Angela Christiano, Ph.D., told Drug Discovery & Development. “In addition to activating the mouse hair cycle, we found that JAK inhibitors could also extend the growth phase in human follicles.”

http://www.dddmag.com/articles/2015...et_cid=4931130&et_rid=449166332&type=headline

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Sterling

Apparently it's too early yet. According to the article,“The current studies do not provide any evidence the compounds would have an effect in [male pattern baldness], except for a possible transient effect, as seen with non-specific stimulation of the skin.” Further studies are needed. I also believe that I Googled this topic and the company has since backed off on further research. I don't recall why.

Loki

Thanks unfortunately my area just filled up but they took my info for the next group if things work out and I'm allowed to try I will post before and after's provided I didn't get the placebo and it works.

My area filled up too... Wouldn't it suck to get the placebo!!!

PAUL-E

My area filled up too... Wouldn't it suck to get the placebo!!!
Yeah that would suck get all excited then nothing.
Did you get on the waiting list?
Funny thing is I never heard of alopecia areata but when I looked it reminded me of how mine started it wasn't typical male paten baldness in the beginning.

Loki

Yeah that would suck get all excited then nothing.
Did you get on the waiting list?
Funny thing is I never heard of alopecia areata but when I looked it reminded me of how mine started it wasn't typical male paten baldness in the beginning.

My hair is diffused thinning so I didn't qualify... They said the hair loss had to be in circular patches...

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
If these JAK inhibitors were not so expensive, I would get a script from my doc, pay cash and have a compounding pharmacy make it into a hair gel.

Unlike most lucky small head guys, my head is like ET's,so I can't just shave the hair off. When I lost my hair to chemotherapy during my lymphoma, I looked like a freaky alien LOL. I guess I need to get my body to get bigger to match my huge head. Even my mother used to joke about how much she suffered through my birth LOL

PAUL-E

If these JAK inhibitors were not so expensive, I would get a script from my doc, pay cash and have a compounding pharmacy make it into a hair gel.

Unlike most lucky small head guys, my head is like ET's,so I can't just shave the hair off. When I lost my hair to chemotherapy during my lymphoma, I looked like a freaky alien LOL. I guess I need to get my body to get bigger to match my huge head. Even my mother used to joke about how much she suffered through my birth LOL
LOL
to bad there wasn't a way to source the raws or a "research" option, I bet buying the meds and crushing them the "filler" would make it difficult to be compounded.

Loki

Hey, don't feel bad! XL hats don't fit my head... I have to stretch them out for a comfortable fit...

Jesus Nelson, how much are we talking here? Didn't know you can already buy them.

Tim

HOLY CRAP!!!! How many months do you need to use this for completed hairgrowth? This would make sense if you buy a one months supply and your hair grows back and you are done with it. Is this something you need for the rest of your life to keep the hairgrowth going?

I'm sure a bunch of us would go in on purchasing and then giving to your compound pharmacy to make it for us haha.

PAUL-E

HOLY CRAP!!!! How many months do you need to use this for completed hairgrowth? This would make sense if you buy a one months supply and your hair grows back and you are done with it. Is this something you need for the rest of your life to keep the hairgrowth going?

I'm sure a bunch of us would go in on purchasing and then giving to your compound pharmacy to make it for us haha.

It must be a new drug with no generics available yet.
Most drug patents are protected for 20 years. The patent, which protects the company that made the drug first, doesn't allow anyone else to make and sell the drug. When the patent expires, other drug companies can start selling a generic version of the drug
http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/ResourcesForYou/Consumers/QuestionsAnswers/ucm100100.htm

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me