TRT and hunger management

Buy Lab Tests Online

Appassionato

Hey, another post of mine.
I've read that several people on this forum are hungrier after starting TRT, due to the metabolism ramping up.
I'm no exception to that and I'm usually hungry for several hours during the day.
My issue though is that I feel really tired close to meal times and I resurrect after eating. The worst are mornings, about 2 hours post breakfast, independently from what I eat (carbs or not), and then I feel better after lunch.
I used to do intermitting fasting sometimes and skip breakfast, but it has become impossible on TRT. If I skip breakfast I get really tired until lunch.
Any idea? I'm already on about 2700/2800 kcal per day and I'm trying to get close to 10% body fat, so I wouldn't bring in more calories.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

SilverSurfer

Intermittent fasting is bs. Stop it. I manage my hunger with Greek yogurt or a handful of almonds/cashews and it helps. On TRT I’ve noticed I need more protein.

Vince

Super Moderator
When I first started trt 5 years ago. When I went through the honeymoon effect of trt. My hunger did increase for the first two weeks, after that did it go back to normal. I really have not gained any weight trt. I did lose my fogginess and increase my strength, but like I stated, no weight gain.

Appassionato

When I first started trt 5 years ago. When I went through the honeymoon effect of trt. My hunger did increase for the first two weeks, after that did it go back to normal. I really have not gained any weight trt. I did lose my fogginess and increase my strength, but like I stated, no weight gain.

I did gain weight, but I lost body fats as well, which means muscle gains.
It's just that when I get close to meal times I feel really tired because I need food, and then I get better straight after eating.

I feel there's a relationship with E2 levels, as I remember having my appetite suppressed when I was taking an AI, but that's just a speculation.

Renman23

There is a lot of scholarly writing about the connection between Testosterone and Ghrelin...
It may be that increased T levels is kicking your Ghrelin production or sensitivity... you might want to look at adjusting your levels, or start chewing Nicotine gum... LOL

Vince

Super Moderator
There is a lot of scholarly writing about the connection between Testosterone and Ghrelin...
It may be that increased T levels is kicking your Ghrelin production or sensitivity... you might want to look at adjusting your levels, or start chewing Nicotine gum... LOL
It may be that estrogen levels increase ghrelin, and then hunger. I believe ghrelin levels are higher in women because of estrogen.

Appassionato

It may be that estrogen levels increase ghrelin, and then hunger. I believe ghrelin levels are higher in women because of estrogen.

That would explain my speculation.
Also neurologist Matthew Walker speaks in a podcast recorded with Joe Rogan on how poor sleep spikes ghrelin levels and so hunger.
That could be a component as well.

My problem though is that my energy levels are strictly correlated with food. I feel really off and tired before a meal time and then I resurrect after eating.
I don't understand why.

Appassionato

Since you're doing IF. Have you read Dr. Fung's book? It might give you some insights on how to manage those issues.

Robot Check

I'm not doing IF anymore, since I can't as I was saying in a previous post.

I feel this is related to sleep deprivation, rather than TRT. I've loaded with carbs last night and I slept 6.30 hours continuously and, other than feeling way better, I'm not as hungry and tired as previous days.

So probably when the body is sleep deprived, it's more dependant on calories to get the energy to carry on. But once again, I'm just speculating here.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me