TRT almost a year now...suddenly lost all motivation to work out

Buy Lab Tests Online

JasonMichael

I have been on T for almost a year and it has absolutely changed my life!

Everything has been going great until lately, I just don't feel like working out anymore. At all.

Has anyone experienced this?

I do run a stressful business. I'm not sure what it is. I was so consistent in my training, then...Poof!

The sex is off the charts though. I'm not sure where my motivation to exercise has gone.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

If your sex drive is off the charts I would say TRT is doing its job, you can have all the testosterone in the world, but if your life is stressfu,l your motivation can take a hit.

TRT has been known to deplete magnesium and pregnenolone after years do to long term LH suppression.

CoastWatcher

If your sex drive is off the charts I would say TRT is doing its job, you can have all the testosterone in the world, but if your life is stressfu,l your motivation can take a hit.

Sounds like you need some labs to see where you are.
It’s all too easy to think that because something happens while on a TRT protocol, that it must be linked to some element of that protocol. But conjunction doesn’t always equate with causation - there could be a host of reasons, stress (as Systemlord notes) being one of them, that you don’t want to visit the gym.

JasonMichael

Here is my attempt at copy and paste my labs from yesterday I just had done....

COMPLETE BLOOD COUNT WHITE BLOOD CELL 7.8 3.9 - 11.1 K/ul
RED BLOOD CELL 6.14 H 4.20 - 6.00 M/ul
HEMOGLOBIN 18.5 H 13.2 - 18.0 g/dl
HEMATOCRIT 54.6 H 38.5 - 54.0 %
MCV 89 80.0 - 100.0 fl
MCH 30.1 26.0 - 34.0 pg
MCHC 33.8 31.0 - 37.0 g/dl
RDW 15.0 11.0 - 15.5 %
PLATELET COUNT 209 140 - 400 k/ul
MPV 8.8 7.5 - 11.6 fl

DIFFERENTIAL

GR% 65.3 38.0 - 75.0 %
LY% 26.8 15.0 - 49.0 %
MO% 5.4 2.0 - 13.0 %
EO% 1.5 0.0 - 8.0 %
BA% 1.0 0.0 - 2.0 %
GR# 5.1 1.6 - 8.4 K/ul
LY# 2.1 1.0 - 3.6 K/ul
MO# 0.4 0.0 - 0.9 K/ul
EO# 0.1 0.0 - 0.6 K/ul
BA# 0.1 0.0 - 0.2 K/ul

GENERAL CHEMISTRY

ALBUMIN 4.6 3.2 - 4.8 g/dl
ENDOCRINE EVALUATION PROGESTERONE 0.54 0.28 - 1.22 ng/mL
ESTRADIOL (E2) 55.4 H 0.0 - 39.9 pg/mL
TESTOSTERONE, TOTAL 695
SEX HORMONE BIND GLOBULIN 11 L 14 - 95 nmol/L
TESTOSTERONE, FREE 22.3

JasonMichael

It’s all too easy to think that because something happens while on a TRT protocol, that it must be linked to some element of that protocol. But conjunction doesn’t always equate with causation - there could be a host of reasons, stress (as Systemlord notes) being one of them, that you don’t want to visit the gym.
I'm not blaming TRT, I was just so gung ho for the last year. Just wondering if it's ever happened to anyone here and how they overcame it.

Systemlord

ESTRADIOL (E2) 55.4 H 0.0 - 39.9 pg/mL

This estrogen level together with very low SHBG could be an issue when one considers free hormones such as free estrogen. I would have problems at this E2 level and my SHBG isn't nearly as low as yours.

I've seen men with SHBG midrange has symptoms at this E2 level. It may be time to adjust your protocol to include frequent dosing if not already.

Please describe your TRT protocol.

Tednacious73

Agree with Vince here, I like to add a "deload week" every 6-8 weeks after heavy training. For that week I do the exact same workouts, same amount of sets and reps for each exercise, but with only about 60% of the weight. After a week of doing that I'm refreshed and looking forward to lifting heavy and intensely again

Gman86

What is your current protocol?

And if sex drive is high, and you feel good other than motivation to hit the gym, I would say it’s probably not related to your protocol. So I probably wouldn’t mess with that at all. Especially if it’s been working great for a year already.

I would look into thyroid, sleep and diet. Are you taking vitamin D or B12? Sleep being the most important thing to optimize. Here’s a podcast on a super easy sleep hack that can potentially make a huge difference.

It doesn’t sound like it’s due to overtraining, as you clearly take rest days when you need them, even rest weeks from what you said.

Has your HGB and HCT always been this high?

Last edited:

fifty

What’s the sleep hack? No time for 45min podcasts. It’s like when my friend sends me alien conspiracy videos that are always an hour long :)

Gman86

What’s the sleep hack? No time for 45min podcasts. It’s like when my friend sends me alien conspiracy videos that are always an hour long :)

Haha, that’s so true. I’ve heard about enough flat earth conspiracies for a lifetime. But all the hack is, is wearing quality blue blocking glasses a couple hours before bed. Make sure to get ones that block blue and green light though. Apparently green light can suppress melatonin just as much as blue light can.

JasonMichael

What is your current protocol?

And if sex drive is high, and you feel good other than motivation to hit the gym, I would say it’s probably not related to your protocol. So I probably wouldn’t mess with that at all. Especially if it’s been working great for a year already.

I would look into thyroid, sleep and diet. Are you taking vitamin D or B12? Sleep being the most important thing to optimize. Here’s a podcast on a super easy sleep hack that can potentially make a huge difference.

It doesn’t sound like it’s due to overtraining, as you clearly take rest days when you need them, even rest weeks from what you said.

Has your HGB and HCT always been this high?

As far as I know yes.

Systemlord

100MG every 4 days
Wow, now I know why you're having problems but what I can't understand is why you weren't having problems sooner.

My normal recommendation for somebody with very low as SHBG would be every 2 day or daily injections. My SHBG is 22 and doing very well on 20mg every 2 days.

BillyJ03z

Do you have LH and FSH labs? supposedly these have effect of hormone processes and functions elsewhere (ie... adrenals, thyroid, liver, etc)..... I have low SHBG, LH and FSH was completely shut off and I was having no motivation (mental) to want to work out either although sex drive was still OK.... Anyway, I just started HCG (pregnyl) 250iu x 3/wk..... Im hoping to restart LH/FSH production and see if it has any effect on the other hormones... I have been on TRT for about 9-10yrs so Im sure it will take awhile for my functions to normalize/kick back in...

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me