Testosterone production & working out

Buy Lab Tests Online

Kimpe

There is a lot of information online about working out being good for testosterone production, while in the other hand it can actually be bad for it.

I've been trying to research for information regarding this, and how much would actually be optimal for hormonal functions.

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience regarding this?

My uneducated theory would be that full body training might be the answer, because you get the stimulus and let your body recover for a whole day after.
What do you guys think? Does it actually even matter at all?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Exercise will boost testosterone, though certain types of exercise increase testosterone more than others,” says Richard Jadick, D.O., a Piedmont urologist. Exercise can raise testosterone because it promotes: Muscle building. The more muscle you have, the higher your testosterone levels.
Piedmont Healthcare | 16 Hospitals and Over 600 Locations › the-best...
The Best Exercises To Increase Testosterone - Piedmont ...

Gladiator

I was training 4 times a week in Muay Thai kickboxing and doing weights for 2 hours after training. So a total of 3 hours a day 4 days a week. I had my testosterone levels tested and was told by a doctor I needed to excise more. My testosterone level was under normal.
I don’t know how excising more will help.

TorontoTRT

I was training 4 times a week in Muay Thai kickboxing and doing weights for 2 hours after training. So a total of 3 hours a day 4 days a week. I had my testosterone levels tested and was told by a doctor I needed to excise more. My testosterone level was under normal.
I don’t know how excising more will help.
It won’t. You’re overtraining and destroying your testosterone levels. Cortisol starts going up after about 45 minutes to an hour of weight training. Cortisol lowers testosterone.

madman

Super Moderator
There is a lot of information online about working out being good for testosterone production, while in the other hand it can actually be bad for it.

I've been trying to research for information regarding this, and how much would actually be optimal for hormonal functions.

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience regarding this?

My uneducated theory would be that full body training might be the answer, because you get the stimulus and let your body recover for a whole day after.
What do you guys think? Does it actually even matter at a

The natural testosterone spike post-workout is transient at best and contributes minimally to overall muscle growth.

Excess stress whether physically/emotionally induced will increase the catabolic hormone cortisol and when the body is constantly bombarded with cortisol it will have a negative impact on the anabolic hormone testosterone among many other ill effects on one's mental/physical state.

The main factors regarding recovery from weight training are rest, quality sleep, diet (meeting daily caloric and protein requirements), keeping workouts short/intense.

Lack of quality sleep, poor diet, excess stress whether (physical/mental), not enough rest/recovery days, can easily hammer down T levels.

Endogenous transient doping: physical exercise acutely increases testosterone levels—results from a meta-analysis (2020)

Conclusion

The comprehensive evaluation of the acute physical activity effect on testosterone levels identified a clear increase after exercise, irrespective of the sample collected. The main determinant of this fluctuation was the exercise intensity, with a mechanism that seems to be mostly SHBG independent. In particular, moderate/intense physical activity resulted able to increase endogenous androgenic production, albeit acutely and transitory.

Attachments

Kimpe

It won’t. You’re overtraining and destroying your testosterone levels. Cortisol starts going up after about 45 minutes to an hour of weight training. Cortisol lowers testosterone.
Interesting. Cortisol is probably the answer to what I was asking.
For instance if you hit the gym 5 days in a row vs every other day.
Wouldn't it make sense that resting a day after every workout would not drive cortisol up that much, and therefore not hurt testosterone production?

CanadaJim

Interesting article...https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/testosterone-advantage-training/
I know guys and gals that will start with legs for this very reason. And for the reason stated above, an intense workout should not last more than an hour...you may leave the gym with a feel good pump but your test is screaming for mercy...

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me