T level drops 40% over 90 days

Buy Lab Tests Online

southwest

Hey All!

Me: 62 year old male with a starting T (March 2022) of 240. Began bi-weekly T injections (0.25ml of Testosterone Cypionate 200 mg/ml) 90 days ago and now T level is 160. Doc (a GP) says continue injecting 0.25 bi-weekly. Not what I expected to hear. Thoughts, please???
Why am I on T? I hope to improve or alleviate depression and low motivation and maybe improve concentration; not a body builder.

THANKS!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Began bi-weekly T injections (0.25ml of Testosterone Cypionate 200 mg/ml) 90 days ago and now T level is 160.

Doc (a GP) says continue injecting 0.25 bi-weekly.

Your doctor's an idiot, run! You should have reached a steady-state in 4 to 6 weeks and if your levels aren't elevated by now they never will be.

I also wonder are you injecting the right amount of testosterone, if you are then you're a hyper T metabolizer and you need an above average TRT dosage and your doctor has a case of cold feet or is clueless.

You may have to seek treatment privately and pay out of pocket because there aren't many doctors willing to prescribe high doses of testosterone.

You'll probably need 250-300 mg weekly.

Last edited:

Systemlord

Why am I on T? I hope to improve or alleviate depression and low motivation and maybe improve concentration; not a body builder.

The TRT is expected to alleviate your depression and low motivation, testosterone which increases the release of dopamine, a neurotransmitter in the brain, responsible for pleasure.

I will say this, you won't get the full benefits of TRT unless you excersise and lift weights. Lifting weights can increase your IGF-1/growth hormone levels and can also actually help with your depression!

Systemlord

It is possible that the injectable testosterone is fake, especially if you get it from a site.
Are you getting the testosterone for a website or compounding pharmacy?

Can you take a picture of one of your syringes filled with Test before your next injection so I can verify you are injecting the correct amount?

madman

Super Moderator
Your doctor's an idiot, run! You should have reached a steady-state in 4 to 6 weeks and if your levels aren't elevated by now they never will be.

I also wonder are you injecting the right amount of testosterone, if you are then you're a hyper T metabolizer and you need an above average TRT dosage and your doctor has a case of cold feet or is clueless.

You may have to seek treatment privately and pay out of pocket because there aren't many doctors willing to prescribe high doses of testosterone.

You'll probably need 250-300 mg weekly.

Might want to renege on that one before I stomp all over it!

Systemlord

Might want to renege on that one before I stomp all over it!
If the OP is injecting the correct amount of Test, 100 mg weekly, the Test isn’t junk and is getting TT of 160, then he will need quite a bit more to get his TT levels into the therapeutic range.

This wouldn't be the first time an outlier need more than an average TRT dosage.

madman

Super Moderator
If the OP is injecting the correct amount of Test, 100 mg weekly, the Test isn’t junk and is getting TT of 160, then he will need quite a bit more to get his TT levels into the therapeutic range.

This wouldn't be the first time an outlier need more than an average TRT dosage.

Something not jiving here.

TC (200 mg/mL strength).

If he is injecting the proper dose of .25mL (50 units) = 50 mg esterified T twice weekly (every 3.5 days) then highly doubtful that he is only hitting an absurdly low trough TT 160 ng/dL.

If anything he should be hitting a higher trough TT on such protocol.

Rare anyone would be hitting such piss poor levels injecting 100 mg TC/week split into twice-weekly injections (every 3.5 days).

We have no clue if he is even injecting the proper dose.

Piss poor advice telling him.....You'll probably need 250-300 mg weekly

Those outliers needing 250-300 mg T/week let alone split twice weekly to just hit a descent or better yet high TT/FT levels are rare as in far and F**KING few!

Systemlord

Piss poor advice telling him.....You'll probably need 250-300 mg weekly
This comment was aimed at the OP and only under one condition, that the OP is injecting the correct amount of Test and the Test isn't junk.

Then it's "possible" he may need an above average TRT dosage.

Last edited:

Gladiator

You look like you would be better using a higher amount. Sone people are over high normal on 100mg a week. Personal I’m only just over by 10 on 185mg a week. I have seen people who are on 250mg a week that just get to high normal with every day injections.

Probably time for a new doctor

Gladiator

Just to confirm, by bi-weekly do you mean every 3.5 days or do you mean once every 2 weeks?
That’s what I was wondering but everyone has commented weekly so I take it as a weekly thing. If it’s every 2 weeks then he is getting abused by the doctor

madman

Super Moderator
Just to confirm, by bi-weekly do you mean every 3.5 days or do you mean once every 2 weeks?

Although some do refer to bi-weekly as once every 2 weeks I find it hard to believe that the mindless doctors still prescribing those outdated stone-aged protocols (200 mg every 2 weeks) would start someone on 50 mg T every 2 weeks.

If anything most of these half-wit doctors are prescribing big pharma (Depo-Testosterone or Delatestryl) using a protocol (dose/injection frequency) based on the recommended dose listed in the Product Monograph.

You know that 200 mg T every 2 weeks or better yet I have even heard of 400 mg T once a month.....LMFAO!

Screenshot (14239).png

Vman

Although some do refer to bi-weekly as once every 2 weeks I find it hard to believe that the mindless doctors still prescribing those outdated stone-aged protocols (200 mg every 2 weeks) would start someone on 50 mg T every 2 weeks.
I would be shocked too if he was started on 50mg T every 2 weeks but that T number is insanely low for 50mg 2xweek so just wanted to rule it out.

FYI...there are tons of doctors still prescribing 200mg every 2 weeks. A big men's clinic in my area does exactly this (with an AI too) for all their patients. They have locations in several states too. Also, my longtime doctor retired last year and his replacement offered to take over and wanted to switch me to 200mg every 2 weeks. I of course declined and immediately called Defy.

Systemlord

A big men's clinic in my area does exactly this (with an AI too) for all their patients.

Some of these cash only clinics that take insurance also hand out theses every two week protocols, because insurance is involved and they have to bend over backwards.

I watched a Youtube video from 7-8 years ago about a doctor that was giving a lecture to other doctors, someone high up, and even he said "the every two week protocols aren't an optimal way to replace testosterone, but that's what the insurance companies wanted", his words.

Systemlord

If anything most of these half-wit doctors are prescribing big pharma (Depo-Testosterone or Delatestryl) using a protocol (dose/injection frequency) based on the recommended dose listed in the Product Monograph.

You know that 200 mg T every 2 weeks or better yet I have even heard of 400 mg T once a month.....LMFAO!

View attachment 22890

As per the recommended dosage and maximum month dosage allowance, it should be about the dosage, only the levels achieved. If it takes 250-300 mg weekly to get a guy into the upper normal ranges, so be it.

There needs to be more leeway given to doctors as far as giving a diagnosis of hypogonadism and treatment.

Gladiator

View attachment 22890
My prescription is 1 mill every 10 days of 250mg/ml. Taken 0.5ml every 5 day. I feel great on this. I was on same amount injecting every 3.5 days for over a year. The leaflet in my script shows me how a doctor can give bad protocols

It has 1ml every 6 weeks if you read it
4526DA01-6869-492C-922B-F6920287BD3F.jpeg

southwest

southwest

Thank-you to all!! Yes, prescribed 0.25 ml (0.25ml of Testosterone Cypionate 200 mg/ml) AKA 50mg every other week for 90 days... T dropped 40%.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me