Successful Story with Testosterone Cream Protocol

Buy Lab Tests Online

Tim L

Congrats, great story!
For me I apply it in the morning after I shower except on the weekends I apply it and then shower later in the day. Why would showering first help absorb better?

When you shower first, and then apply. All of your pores are open and your skin is clean, therefore creates greater absorption. I recommend applying at night due to the fact I do not have clothing against my skin and running the risk of the cream rubbing off. I have found by applying in the p.m. your natural level is low, therefore replenishing it then gives the body what it needs. It is like when we charge a battery we only do it when it is low.
how do you feel and what are your numbers?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Whatzup

When you shower first, and then apply. All of your pores are open and your skin is clean, therefore creates greater absorption. I recommend applying at night due to the fact I do not have clothing against my skin and running the risk of the cream rubbing off. I have found by applying in the p.m. your natural level is low, therefore replenishing it then gives the body what it needs. It is like when we charge a battery we only do it when it is low.
how do you feel and what are your numbers?
I never had symptoms prior to trt other then sometimes fatigue but I still feel the same from time to time on trt. Doctor put me on it because my numbers were 429 and then another time 350 or so. After trt the numbers were 799, 597, ad latest 601 with free t at 14.
The 799 was applying on the inner arms, the 597 upper shoulders and 601 on the chest and shoulder area.
Currently I apply it on my thigh and will see what that shows.

Transdermals are preferable--for the individuals who absorb well, and lifestyle allow--because they most closely mimic the natural rhythms of the body. They are the most physiologic TRT modality available.

S1W

Transdermals are preferable--for the individuals who absorb well, and lifestyle allow--because they most closely mimic the natural rhythms of the body. They are the most physiologic TRT modality available.

Dr. Crisler,

I have read this from you and from several other informed sources. And it makes sense. However, it seems that the majority of guys use injections. In your practice, do you find that to be true (that most patients use injections) or is that a reflection of a more vocal majority on forums? Do you have a fair amount of patients that have been successfully using transdermals long-term?

Thank you.

You are indeed correct: most of my patients do use the injections.

Transdermals are not for everyone. When when they are, there are numerous advantages to them. But it is a decision the patient makes; I am there to give him the information he needs to make the best decision for himself.

Smokey

Are the majority of your patients that are using creams supplementing with DHEA, Pregnolone and HCG without an AI?

Are the majority of your patients that are using creams supplementing with DHEA, Pregnolone and HCG without an AI?
Great question.

I want to "Backfill the Pathways" in all my TRT patients. That means HCG, and DHEA, and often, Pregnenolone.

Whether or not they need an aromatase inhibitor, or other estrogen control (just to bend the pathways) is highly patient specific.

Smitty510209

A very good read and its good to hear you have had great results!
I am new to this forum and new to Testosterone in general. I am a 45 yr old male, in good health. Eat pretty good, lift weights/cardio 3-4 times per week.
The issue I have run into is, fatigue around 2:30 in the afternoon, and just wiped out by the end of workouts. Sex drive has waned, and I get something like a "brain fog", trouble remembering words, etc.

Took my Testosterone labs via Lab Corp and I got the following:

Testosterone total: 365
Free: 10.5

FS: 4.9
LH: 6.5

Primary Care Phys says I'm ok. He had me do a 'full panel' this morning.

Trying to weigh options.

Smokey

Wow. I would say total T is way too low. When I was at that level I had vertigo and would want to go to bed at 7. If you are not taking T now you can try to increase it naturally by practicing intermittent fasting, limiting sugar and alcohol.

OMI100

A very good read and its good to hear you have had great results!
I am new to this forum and new to Testosterone in general. I am a 45 yr old male, in good health. Eat pretty good, lift weights/cardio 3-4 times per week.
The issue I have run into is, fatigue around 2:30 in the afternoon, and just wiped out by the end of workouts. Sex drive has waned, and I get something like a "brain fog", trouble remembering words, etc.

Took my Testosterone labs via Lab Corp and I got the following:

Testosterone total: 365
Free: 10.5

FS: 4.9
LH: 6.5

Primary Care Phys says I'm ok. He had me do a 'full panel' this morning.

Trying to weigh options.
Have you had a complete thyroid panel ran? FT3, FT4, etc.?
Total T is low. If your Primary is telling you that you are O.K. because you are "in range" you have a rough road ahead.
If that is the case, you need to look for a GOOD TRT DR.
A lot of folks use Defy (Telemed) and have great success. Their DRs are exceptional and know what they are doing.

Smitty510209

Thanks for the reply, Smokey. I don't have Vertigo but I have noticed a dizziness if I sit up or lie down; very odd as it has only started in the past 3 weeks.
I don't think my PCP is going to be much help.
I have been doing intermittent fasting and have leaned up a bit, just want to figure out what to do next as I'm new to all this stuff for the most part.
I have been reading Jay Campbell's books on testosterone and listening to various podcasts, thus coming across Nelson, and this site.

Smitty510209

The panel which I had drawn today included Thyroid.
I think I'm going to have to get on testosterone with Defy. Pricey, but I figure health is worth it.

Thanks for the reply, Orrin.

Smitty510209

Doc gave me the 'Testosterone can cause heart attacks' garbage and I told him there were some flawed studies in that area.
I will probably google pricing for Defy's pricing, but since I'm here, what are the average costs (monthly) for a testosterone program?

Thanks for the reply, Smokey. I don't have Vertigo but I have noticed a dizziness if I sit up or lie down; very odd as it has only started in the past 3 weeks.
I don't think my PCP is going to be much help.
I have been doing intermittent fasting and have leaned up a bit, just want to figure out what to do next as I'm new to all this stuff for the most part.
I have been reading Jay Campbell's books on testosterone and listening to various podcasts, thus coming across Nelson, and this site.
That is called "orthostatics", and can be a sign of an Adrenal issue.

When they took your blood pressure, do you know what it was?

Dave B.

My TRT cream protocol

I have been on TRT for approximately five years. For the first 18 months, I had a very difficult time. Initially, it was a slow start mainly because of low dosage and poor-quality product.

he best. I switched compound labs using a cream based product. This process went on for over a year. I was carefully monitoring all my blood results along with how I felt on a daily basis. My best testosterone totals were approximately 750 range with Free being around 18.

The more I took the worse I felt. ... the product was not consistent, it had hot spots. The pharmacy acknowledged it made me a new batched and then still charge me for it. ...

At this point, I was questioning the whole cream process versus injecting.

I'm glad you're feeling good but when I read this I get the exact OPPOSITE of a success story. This sounds like a laundry list of all the typical problems people have with gels and creams and would put me off even attempting it.

You spent (wasted?) 18 months on bad creams. A year and a half of your life gone, and how many years later until you were actually feeling better after finally figuring out the magic protocol that works for you?

An injection would have gotten you there on day 1, most likely.

Not to mention your daily application routine sounds like a nightmare. 365 daily applications per year, vs. 52 once per week injections? Not for me either.

And what about the cost? Gels cost hundreds of dollars per month vs. about $20 per month for testosterone plus syringe?

If by success you mean the most unpredictable, highest-cost, and most-inconvenient, then I would agree this is a "success."

Jusior

Excellent story Tim thank you for sharing it.
If its not a secret I'd love to hear more about your protocol and if you worked on diet and exersize?

I am struggling with getting compounded creams to reach a therapeutic level.
I had no issues with Brand named Gels except the $300/30 tubes price tag.
what is the cheaper alternatives cost?

Tman

Tim, I also use the compounded cream from Empower and I am in complete agreement with your evaluation on the quality of the product. I also use the 200% cream but I only use a 1/2 mil (100mg/day). Last labs at trough were Free + Total=778(254-916) and Free=10.2(6.6-18.1).

I realize this is an old post, but I hope you receive it. Do you have any E or E3 problems on the cream?

DragonBits

I would think the obvious study would be to use DMSO with the cream/gel to aid in absorption. Either immediately after applying the cream or mixed together.

There are a few threads on it, but I never seen any empirical numbers on using DMSO vs not using it on how well creams/gels are absorbed.

I realize the only FDA approved medical use of DMSO is for interstitial cystitis.

Any speculation why this use of DMSO was never studied?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me