Subcutaneous Testosterone Injections Are A Good Alternative to Intramuscular Ones

Buy Lab Tests Online

the_shep

Abstract

Context:
Testosterone (T) is commonly administered intramuscularly to treat hypogonadal males and female-to-male (FTM) transgender patients. However, these injections can involve significant discomfort and may require arrangements for administration by others.

Objective:
We assessed whether T could be administered effectively and safely subcutaneously as an alternative to intramuscular (IM) injections.

Two preliminary reports (10, 11) and a pharmacokinetic study (12) of SC T administration suggest that the SC route may be a safe, convenient, and effective alternative to currently available options. The preliminary reports assessed short-term therapy in hypogonadal men (10) and FTM transgender patients (11) and did not universally attain serum levels of T within the normal range. The pharmacokinetic study used fixed doses from a potentially expensive autoinjector (12). To further characterize SC T as a practical and acceptable alternative to IM administration, we evaluated the efficacy, safety, and acceptability of manual SC injections of T cypionate to patients undergoing FTM sex transition in our clinic.

https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article-lookup/doi/10.1210/jc.2017-00359

Apologies if this has been posted previously.

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I don't understand why the carrying agent has to be so thick. That is the real problem. The thick fluid requires a larger needle.
Many who try subcutaneous complain of the lumb that is left behind and again I believe this is do to the thick carrying agent not allowing the injection to dispurse quickly.

Jinzang

The carrying agent is oil instead of water to slow down absorption of the testosterone. Testosterone suspension, which is dissolved in water, is absorbed immediately. The ester bound to testosterone (cypionate, etheanate) binds to the oil and slows down release into the blood.

The carrying agent is oil instead of water to slow down absorption of the testosterone. Testosterone suspension, which is dissolved in water, is absorbed immediately. The ester bound to testosterone (cypionate, etheanate) binds to the oil and slows down release into the blood.
Is it the oil base or the viscosity that slows the adsorbtion?
Oil does not have to be thick sewing machine oil is like water and then there is 90 weight for vehicle transmissions.
From what I read here most pin subcutaneous daily or EOD does the rate of adsorbtion still need to be the same as the old every other week back when our current cypionate, etheanate were designed.
I'm just saying the compounding industry is falling behind or heck not even looking into better ways to deliver cypionate whe one chooses more frequent injections.

Jinzang

It's the oil that slows down the absorption. The ester attached to the testosterone keeps it bound to the oil. You would want to use a vegetable oil, not a mineral oil, to dissolve the testosterone. A brief check shows that safflower oil and walnut oil are the lowest viscocity vegetable oils. I doubt the pharmacies care as much about the needle gauge as shelf life and cost, but it's a novel idea to use a thinner oil. Maybe someone who works for a pharmacy (Jasen?) could give their opinion.

madman

Super Moderator
Is it the oil base or the viscosity that slows the adsorbtion?
Oil does not have to be thick sewing machine oil is like water and then there is 90 weight for vehicle transmissions.
From what I read here most pin subcutaneous daily or EOD does the rate of adsorbtion still need to be the same as the old every other week back when our current cypionate, etheanate were designed.
I'm just saying the compounding industry is falling behind or heck not even looking into better ways to deliver cypionate whe one chooses more frequent injections.

There is more than simply the oil carrier/ester regarding the absorption of testosterone. Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of Nandrolone Esters in Oil Vehicle: Effects of Ester, Injection Site and Injection Volume

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical Telemedicine hormones
Discounted lab tests
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Free Testosterone Book
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me