Sore, hot and raised stomach from SubQ injection..did I mess up? Should I keep using the site?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Hey all,

New to TRT and had my first pin on Wednesday night. 40iu test C in the abdomen. Everything was fine.

Today (3.5d later), I inject on the other side of my abdomen. I was feeling my stomach to see where my initial injection was though, which I found because it was harder than all the other tissue (possible that the oil hasn’t absorbed), but then it got itchy and red, almost immediately afterwards.

I hear some people say that they have certain sites on the body they like to inject and it’s all trial and error when new. But have you ever found a spot that gets sore, red, a little raised, etc. and keep using that site in the future after rotating...or do you never touch it again?

I’ll be pinning in either my shoulder or quad next time, but thus is something I haven’t seen asked on the forum.

Thanks.

Ps the HCG hasn’t been giving me any PIP, only the test.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

S1W

Yep, all that is totally normal. Including the bit about HCG not causing any issues but Cyp causing small welts. Nothing to worry about though you may consider using another site for the Cyp.

Search for a post by “Vince” about best injection site (ventrogluteal). I use that area SubQ - best site I’ve found for me personally. Though you can and probably will get the occasional welt there too. I used to get those welts more frequently than I do now - now I almost never get them.

Yep, all that is totally normal. Including the bit about HCG not causing any issues but Cyp causing small welts. Nothing to worry about though you may consider using another site for the Cyp.

Search for a post by “Vince” about best injection site (ventrogluteal). I use that area SubQ - best site I’ve found for me personally. Though you can and probably will get the occasional welt there too. I used to get those welts more frequently than I do now - now I almost never get them.

Interesting. Initially I was considering rotating between delts and ventrogluteal, however, I thought if I injected half of my shots IM (shoulder) and half subq thaen it would cause issues. The ventrogluteal is such a small area to inject in to.

I’ll either try that or the shoulders next time but it’s nice to know that what I’m experiencing is normal for test C.

Thanks!

Blackhawk

Well, may or may not be totally normal. Many guys have lumps SubQ, and often cured by going IM, but inflammation response can also come from things like allergy. You may be sensitive to the oil carrier. If you switch sites or go IM and still have trouble, consider asking your doc about allergic sensitivity to the oil.

S1W

Very good point, Blackhawk.

In my case the welts were related to injection site and injection technique, not an allergic response. YMMV.

fifty

Everyone likes delt and VG but my favorite is lateral quad. I can see blood vessels pretty easily and it's the easiest spot to reach. No post injection soreness if I inject slowly.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I hate subq injections on abs since I also get redness there sometimes. Delts or upper glutes (hip area) work better for me (90 degrees with a 27 gauge 1/2 inch syringe)

deltoid injection.jpg

injection sites for testosterone.jpg

Sometimes it's the amount or volume of fluid that you inject in the belly fat that can cause irritation. I don't like to shoot more than a 1/4 mL in that spot.

Gianluca

I had same issue when I tried subQ 2 years a go, couldn't handle it, Dr Crisler told me to try upper buttock, and that is free of pain at all to me and no lumps, try that

Hey guys, quick update. I pinned into my shoulder yesterday and there was NO pain. A LITTLE bit of soreness waking up but nothing compared to when I pinned stomach. No hard limp of oil felt, not hot, nothing. Funny because I hear people have issues with shoulders. I’m a skinny guy and injected .4ml too.

I think I just respond better to IM shots. Next I’ll do shoulders followed by either thigh (because I’m pretty sure I’ll hit muscle with a .5”) or upper buttocks/VG (it’ll def be fat tho; jeez I need to lose this bodyfat ASAP).

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me