Starting back on TRT: Anxiety is real bad

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
There is no such dose as 20mg cyp per week. If you mean 200mg per week, that is too jacked up and can lead to all kinds of problems. The agreed dose on this forum is 100mg per week, in divided doses.
I am on 20mg a week now trying to taper off. I was fine for 4 years on trt test enanthate and cypionate both in the 150mg a week range. I'm tapering off after 5.5 years to see if it helps other issues. I developed high bp and chest pains. Now my bp is down resting but when I had my stress test at only 120 heart rate it shot up to almost 300 over 115 to 120. Had to stop the test. When I was on a higher dose I didn't have that but I had high resting bp and racing heart rate. I am going to try and come off and recover and see what I get then maybe try nasal test or cream and maybe the oral test and see what happens. My whole hpta got depleted preg, pro, cortisol the whole 9. Had a acth push test to confirm cortisol is still possible to be made. Came back fine. Not sure what's going on here. I tried bp meds but losartan was hell and lisinopril didn't lower my bp alot. Never tolerated hcg well and getting pretty depressed. At 20mg once a week my fsh has climbed to 2.7 and my lh finally turned on a bit. Hoping coming off will resolve thus and if not will try other test options. I hired a dietician and nutritionalist to help get a exact diet to try and help cholesterol and bp. My bp is normal resting but my exercise bp goes nuts and I get headaches chest pain dizziness. Last fall I gull on syncoped on the ice and was passed out for 4 min. I wear a loop recorder now and am praying coming off solves all these issues. For me even a 100mg test dose sent my hematocrit to 53. I seem to be pretty sensitive and I've tried all different dosing protocols. Everyday eod e3d twice a week you name it. No ai involved either. I'm just so confused as I felt great for 4 years and all of a sudden it went to hell fast.

Gman86

I am on 20mg a week now trying to taper off. I was fine for 4 years on trt test enanthate and cypionate both in the 150mg a week range. I'm tapering off after 5.5 years to see if it helps other issues. I developed high bp and chest pains. Now my bp is down resting but when I had my stress test at only 120 heart rate it shot up to almost 300 over 115 to 120. Had to stop the test. When I was on a higher dose I didn't have that but I had high resting bp and racing heart rate. I am going to try and come off and recover and see what I get then maybe try nasal test or cream and maybe the oral test and see what happens. My whole hpta got depleted preg, pro, cortisol the whole 9. Had a acth push test to confirm cortisol is still possible to be made. Came back fine. Not sure what's going on here. I tried bp meds but losartan was hell and lisinopril didn't lower my bp alot. Never tolerated hcg well and getting pretty depressed. At 20mg once a week my fsh has climbed to 2.7 and my lh finally turned on a bit. Hoping coming off will resolve thus and if not will try other test options. I hired a dietician and nutritionalist to help get a exact diet to try and help cholesterol and bp. My bp is normal resting but my exercise bp goes nuts and I get headaches chest pain dizziness. Last fall I gull on syncoped on the ice and was passed out for 4 min. I wear a loop recorder now and am praying coming off solves all these issues. For me even a 100mg test dose sent my hematocrit to 53. I seem to be pretty sensitive and I've tried all different dosing protocols. Everyday eod e3d twice a week you name it. No ai involved either. I'm just so confused as I felt great for 4 years and all of a sudden it went to hell fast.
What about Losartan was hell for u?

Fortunate

Shit, man. Sorry to hear all this.

My guess is that your BP issues could be multifactorial, and to the extent that some of it may be genetic, you may have to accept the fact that you might need medication to control it. Have you tried a beta blocker? There are some potential side effects with beta blockers, but they have been around forever and are very safe. They may blunt some of the influence TRT has on the cardiovascular system (this is stated based on personal experience and zero science).

Would also help to know more about your overall health. Sounds like you are now focusing on other factors that matter (diet, exercise). How is stress? Sleep? All this stuff plays a role in our health. Have you considered meditation?

I am a struggler myself, so I am not the best advice giver. But, to reiterate what I mentioned above, Natesto has been a very nice option for me, as it is quite tolerable. I have used it in long stretches as my primary treatment. I have also used it as a "bridge", while waiting for whatever exogenous test I had been experimenting with to get out of me. Why don't I use it indefinitely? Good question. Two main reasons: If there is something equally safe and efficacious, but more convenient, I'm interested in exploring it; and, I sometimes sense I am a touch under treated with Natesto. On the other hand, I think it can really address low T symptoms for many.

I am currently trialing a low dose daily injection protocol. There is no question side effects are way less than larger doses. But, it takes some patience. Did you say you tried daily dosing? How much? How long?

JayD

Anyone else have real bad anxiety after starting trt?

Third week of starting back & the anxiety is about a 9 out of 10.

Is it just the hormone levels getting adjusted that is causing this?

I had this when I first started last time but I thought it was the other medication. Testosterone is the only variable this time so I know this is the cause this go around.
How long did it take to pass? I'm guessing your ok now? I'm just starting trt

MarkLA

Thanks all for this thread, especially @madman, I came here today to post about my experience.. I have been on 0.20ml (40 mg) EOD ~ 140mg/week for a long time and I feel OK.

I tried increasing the dose by 20% to .24ml (48 mg) EOD ~ 168mg/week and I found:
~ Better pump/stronger in gym
~ Better libido
~ Feel more confident
~ Feel more tightly wound/anxious/stressed

So I'm going to skip a dose and then go to .22 or back to .20. Any other ideas on this, please let me know.

GreenMachineX

I've been on a tailspin the past year or 2 of TRT, but even the previous 4 years weren't exactly great. 5mg daily was too much for me, so will be dropping to 4mg daily again probably for the long haul. I didn't give it long enough last time, but I feel so much more calm when I skip my daily doses which leads me to believe my dose is still too high.

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
I've been on a tailspin the past year or 2 of TRT, but even the previous 4 years weren't exactly great. 5mg daily was too much for me, so will be dropping to 4mg daily again probably for the long haul. I didn't give it long enough last time, but I feel so much more calm when I skip my daily doses which leads me to believe my dose is still too high.
Not to beat a dead horse but you aren't consuming any caffeine are you? If you're sensitive to TRT and experiencing anxiety the caffeine needs to go in my opinion. Not "just one cup in the morning" -- completely gone.

Willyt

@GreenMachineX you are probably bit of an outlier, but most guys here could minimize TRT-related anxiety by lowering their dose to stay within physiological range and/or eliminating all supplements to identify any culprits.

How many times have we seen someone complaining about anxiety and then you find out they are taking large dose of daily DHEA, pre-workout drink or Vit B, etc. I know because I was one of them. I have sworn off supplements (until I hear about the next rare jungle plant that spikes libido!)

GreenMachineX

@GreenMachineX you are probably bit of an outlier, but most guys here could minimize TRT-related anxiety by lowering their dose to stay within physiological range and/or eliminating all supplements to identify any culprits.

How many times have we seen someone complaining about anxiety and then you find out they are taking large dose of daily DHEA, pre-workout drink or Vit B, etc. I know because I was one of them. I have sworn off supplements (until I hear about the next rare jungle plant that spikes libido!)
I hear ya. In my case, no dhea (stopped a couple months ago, don't think it made a difference), no stimulants, yes to B vitamins for deficiencies though, and when I stop I get symptoms from that too. The only supplements I take now are d3, C, magnesium, 1/4 dose of the multi, and 1g fish oil.

@Thegoalie39 is that 20mg in one dose, or spread throughout the week?

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
I hear ya. In my case, no dhea (stopped a couple months ago, don't think it made a difference), no stimulants, yes to B vitamins for deficiencies though, and when I stop I get symptoms from that too. The only supplements I take now are d3, C, magnesium, 1/4 dose of the multi, and 1g fish oil.
Have you tested stopping all of those supplements? People have experienced anxiety from vitamin D3, fish oil, multivitamins, and some b-vitamins (B12, folate, and thiamine are the most common culprits). I don't think it is extremely rare either. As sensitive as you seem to be to TRT, you would probably be the person to suffer anxiety from one or more of those supplements. It is even possible to find people complaining of anxiety from Vitamin C and paradoxically from magnesium if you search Reddit. Don't give anything a free pass until you've tested it.

GreenMachineX

Have you tested stopping all of those supplements? People have experienced anxiety from vitamin D3, fish oil, multivitamins, and some b-vitamins (B12, folate, and thiamine are the most common culprits). I don't think it is extremely rare either. As sensitive as you seem to be to TRT, you would probably be the person to suffer anxiety from one or more of those supplements. It is even possible to find people complaining of anxiety from Vitamin C and paradoxically from magnesium if you search Reddit. Don't give anything a free pass until you've tested it.
Might be time to test it again now with a reduced test dose. Good call.

Fortunate

These are great points. I never really thought much about supplements until I identified two different ones that caused anxiety. I took high-dose folate, and I took CoQ10, both of which caused insane anxiety. I wouldn’t discount the B vitamins as a potential culprit.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me