Shortness of breath on 50mg test E every 3 days

Buy Lab Tests Online

skullmaggots

I've been on TRT for 6m now. Initially for about 3months life was good and had no issues apart from high oestrogen. However, I switched to enanthate 100mg every 4 days about 3months ago. This dose was far too high which my 6m bloods showed. It was a mess, I had total T of 88, and other markers really high.

I worked with my clinic and discussed dropping the dose right down, so now I take 50mg every 3 days. However I still have 3 worrying symptoms. Note I've also gave blood when I got my 6m results, and my RBC levels are all normal now.

However right now, I still suffer with shortness of breath and feeling light headed. The strange thing is I can have some days where I feel amazing and some days where I feel starved off air and cannot breath (or find it really difficult to do so). I also have very swollen lower eye lids, and both eye lids twitch on/off throughout the day. Its hard to say what causes what, but feel the most likely candidate is TRT.

Never had any of these symptoms before TRT, or strangely enough in the first 3months. I did also try some P141 about 5 times in the last 3months which worked well, and I've not seen any articles linking it with these sort of symptoms so likely a red herring.

Has anyone else suffered with:-
1) Shortness of breath as a result or TRT which good/terrible days?
2) Developed puffy lower eyelids with or without twitching?
3) Been fine on susanton but has issues when using enanthate?

I've been checked by a cardiologist and so far all results are normal, I'm actually a very fit 51yr old man. This TRT is doing my head in and wish I never started it, at the moment its the worse mistake of my life.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

skullmaggots

My iron was elevated in my initial 6m blood results. Since then I've given 1 pint of blood. However my ferritin was 72ug/L (range is 300-400). Could I please ask if and how you fixed it?

skullmaggots

Attached a screenshot of blood panel results showing the iron and ferritin levels

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 16.33.58.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 16.33.58.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 40

Systemlord

The ferritin is within normal range but low end
As I suspected. I wouldn’t bother testing iron again. The normal range has nothing to do with quality of life, healthy ranges are more important. A ferritin of 40 is in the normal range, I feel like dogsh** <80.

Our healthcare system (sick care model) cares about normal, not healthy normal ranges.

Blackhawk

Hematocrit/Hemoglobin?

And, please post the lab test reference ranges with your numbers. Referring to you initial post with Total T 88... that means nothing to me, my own labs "normal range" is 250-1100 ng/dl. The reference ranges are obviously different.

skullmaggots

Sure - I've attached my complete bloodwork results in the PDF to this thread

Attachments

• blood-test-results_20230429111127_BMHB-37823-543fce90-2550-4476-8ef3-8b19e19d58c5.pdf
    354.4 KB · Views: 68

sammmy

If these are your labs at trough, before your next dose, you are clearly overdosing on testosterone - your total testosterone is 3-4 times above normal and free testosterone is 4-5 times above normal! You have to at least halve your dose. Your testosterone at trough should be in the normal range, not several times above it.

Your Alanine Transferase is too elevated - liver damage. Your Creatinine is too elevated - kidney damage or you are supplementing creatine or too much protein shake? Your Anti-thyroidoperoxidase is elevated - Hashimoto (thyroid autoimmunity). Your HBA1C is on the verge of being diabetic.

In short, go to a real doctor promptly. Something is going on and it may not be due to too high testosterone dose. It's not normal so many tests to flash high.

skullmaggots

I have given 1 pint of blood already yes. Subsequent blood tests show that my hematocrit and RBC are fine, even was check by a haematologist. My blood pressure is good and no issues. Also I'm 15st and very muscled.

skullmaggots

If these are your labs at trough, before your next dose, you are clearly overdosing on testosterone - your total testosterone is 3-4 times above normal and free testosterone is 4-5 times above normal! You have to at least halve your dose. Your testosterone at trough should be in the normal range, not several times above it.

Your Alanine Transferase is too elevated - liver damage. Your Creatinine is too elevated - kidney damage or you are supplementing creatine or too much protein shake? Your Anti-thyroidoperoxidase is elevated - Hashimoto (thyroid autoimmunity). Your HBA1C is on the verge of being diabetic.

In short, go to a real doctor promptly. Something is going on and it may not be due to too high testosterone dose.
I'm a type 1 diabetic hence the HBA1C result.
I have now dropped my dose down to 50mg twice a week, so 100mg in total. This is drop down from 175mg a week.
I don't supplement with creatine. However I do weight train, and have seem my egfr < 60 unless I stop training about 1 week before the test, so this result is not out of the blue for me.
The thyroid issue was a concern for me. I don't understand what I should do about this or what this means, could you shed any light please. My T3/T4 etc. is within range, but don't understand the Anti-thyroidoperoxidase reading?

sammmy

Another point: shortness of breath can be a digestive symptom. People always run to a cardiologist and a pulmologist first but most don't think of gastroenterologist.

You have to go to an endocrinologist for the thyroid. Don't substitute real doctor with forum advise.

Puffy eyes could be a sign of kidney damage. Twitching eyes is a neurologic damage. You do need to see a real doctor, not some "clinic".

In my case, I get shortness of breath 2 hours after meal so I have to take digestive enzymes and anti-inflammatory vit B2. Recently, it turned out I have H. Pylori stomach infection and C. Difficile infection in the large intestine, which I am treating.

joemorgan

Another point: shortness of breath can be a digestive symptom. People always run to a cardiologist and a pulmologist first but most don't think of gastroenterologist.

You have to go to an endocrinologist for the thyroid. Don't substitute real doctor with forum advise.

Puffy eyes could be a sign of kidney damage. Twitching eyes is a neurologic damage. You do need to see a real doctor, not some "clinic".

In my case, I get shortness of breath 2 hours after meal so I have to take digestive enzymes and anti-inflammatory vit B2. Recently, it turned out I have H. Pylori stomach infection and C. Difficile infection in the large intestine, which I am treating.
Twitching of the eyes or myokymia, is due to fatigue of the facial muscles that causes small spasm in the muscles of the lids or around the mouth. Either too much exercise or not enough rest. Puffy eyes can be kidneys but may just be part of the fatigue process with less lymphatic emptying at night so residual puffiness remains and builds. Seems like overdoing things with no one to guide you who knows what to do. Everyone is an expert. The muscle mass depends on what your level needs to be- take the qADAM every three months and when you are in the 4 column- score 40 or more, you have the right amount of T. Don't guess with blood levels, you must correlate physical symptoms.
I am certified Integrative Holistic, been on T for 6 years, levels about 800 usually. I use cream to scrotum daily- no shots or pellets. It's easiest to adjust the intake with cream.
I am 79 Yrs old.

skullmaggots

Just thought I'd follow up in case someone reads this thread. I can definitely confirm that my test and free test results were incorrect due to biotin interference. I repeated the tests and it came back stupidly high again, I spoke with the lab and they confirmed that biotin would definitely interfere with this. At the time I was taking a vitamin b complex with 100% daily amount of biotin. I stopped taking supplements for 1 week and repeated the tests and they have now all come back with normal values albeit slightly high but proper values, not the non-sense that was in the first 2 tests. I can also confirm that I stopped weight training 1 week before the recent bloods and eGFR went from 52 to 67. I also abstained from ejaculation for several days before the bloods and my prolactin in now normal.

So to all the guys out there is you want proper bloods, give yourself a week where don't have sex/cum, lift weights, take any supplements with biotin in, otherwise you will be making decisions on the wrong results. I know it tough to do this and put your life on hold, but knowing the accurate results is worth it in the long run.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me