Progesterone Dose for Men

Buy Lab Tests Online

skycop00

So all ur taking hormone wise atm is 90mg of test and a few milligrams of the prostate health cream?
Correct. I do take supplements ofcourse. Think about the innate production of Testosterone for a minute. 4-10mg daily based on many studies. I have been ramped up to very supraphysiological levels and I have been where I am now. Of course I am nmow almost 58, but still VERY active. I carry plenty of muscle, exercise 4-5x a week and until a horrible foot surgeon screwed up my foot during a surgical procedure, played ice hockey with college kids and young adults 2-3x a week. I simply do not need anymore testosterone than I currently take. I have felt the highs of very elevated levels and lows of very low endogenous production. For me, at my age and activity level, 90mgs of weekly cypionate lands me in a very happy place. 30mg 3x a week with an insulin pin. No side effects, no adverse indication of too high or too low. Hope that helps.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

skycop00

Nov T labs.png

Nov 2021 Labs

Wolverine

I only recommend when men speak of urinary issues that seem to have origins in the prostate. That being said, I have used a supplement called Pro-Men and also progesteron only with the same results. Promen: Pro-MEN™ Prostate Creme for Men (2 oz) - Better Health Naturally

I can only comment on the urinary improvements. It has been profound. Many of the comments can simply be attributed to better sleep which brings on a whole host of improvements as we know.

I have taken progesterone at doses up to 50 mg and frankly it makes me much too sleepy and drastically reduces libido for me. I am not anxious and do not suffer from sympathetic dominance and adrenalin rushes. But a few miligrams for prostate health works amazingly well with no discernable side effects. I am personally on low dose TRT @ 90mg weekly. Over 25 years of TRT behind me and I feel excellent at the lowest dose of my life.
That appears to be more than just progesterone cream. Also has pygeum, stinging nettle, saw palmetto etc.

BillyJ03z

Just had another set of labs done interesting results from March 22 labs compared with current May 22 labs.

March 22 labs I was using 30mg Pregnenelone, 10mg DHEA, between 20-50mg Progesterone cream, 12mg Test Cyp ED and .0025 topical finasteride.

Pregnenolone Ref range: 23 to 173 Unit: ng/dL

Progesterone

0.28 - 1.22 ng/mL

DHEA Sulfate

24.0 - 690.0 mcg/dL 283.4

5 A DIHYDROTESTOSTERONE 106.0 - 719.0 pg/mL

*Prior to this test my DHT was always in the 800 - 900 range.

*I was using topical finasteride for about 2 months and then I added in 20-50mg progesterone cream and within 2 weeks I started to get itchy/sore/sensitive nipples.

May 22 Labs, I was using 50 - 75mg Pregnenelone, 20mg DHEA, 12mg Test Cyp ED and .001 Topical finasteride (no progesterone cream).

Pregnenolone Ref range: 23 to 173 Unit: ng/dL

awaiting results

Progesterone

0.28 - 1.22 ng/mL

DHEA Sulfate

24.0 - 690.0 mcg/dL awaiting results

5 A DIHYDROTESTOSTERONE 106.0 - 719.0 pg/mL

Estradiol <41 pg/mL

H

*My Estrogen has raised obviously due to DHEA and Preg.

I am still awaiting results of Preg and DHEA, but interesting that Progesterone raised higher with 50-75mg Pregnenelone than it did with moderate dose of 30mg Preg and high dose of Progesterone cream, however, I had stopped using Progesterone cream about 1.5 to 2 weeks prior to the March test because of the sensitive nipples so that may have given time for Progest levels to drop.

I am also thinking that Progesterone Cream had a part in lowering my DHT levels with the topical fin from March test, because just 2 weeks after adding Progesterone cream at 20-50mg I got very sensitive nipples.

I am doing my Test, Free Test, SHBG, FT3, FT 4 at end of the month...

Cynice49

Few questions for this thread:

1. What is the general brand most people are using for progesterone? I see a mixture of oral, creams, etc. one Peak Testosterone thread mentioned Source Naturals. Also seems the dose most people use is about 20mg applied to the a scrotal area.

2. From lurking around the forums, I remember reading a post from a few years back from a member mentioning that progesterone causes increased weight gain, and increased instances of blood clot formation. Has there been any recent studies to debunk these claims? It was only a few posts I read and I found a study from 2004 mentioning blood clot formation but that’s the last post I’ve seen mentioning these negative side effects.

I’m looking to start progesterone as I have been dealing with increased social anxiety and pretty much anxiety all day. I have started myself on 100mg pregnenlone from Klaire labs, and HCG usually works pretty well with me (I haven’t been able to use this in about 6 months since I’m prescribed Pregnyl and have been unable to fill it)

Cynice49

Tried progesterone for social anxiety and actually increased it even more. Androsterone or DHT works the best for anxiety for me.

Not sure I’d have any access to androsterone or DHT, hopefully a trial run with Pregnelone and progesterone help. I tried pregnelone a little while back at 100mg/day but my blood pressure went up so I had to quit, can’t comment on feeling any different

Cynice49

Sublingual progesterone. Ive tried from 1mg up to 20mg. Higher the dose the more anxiety caused.

I recently started 100mg preg, I took my bp a few times and seems like something is pushing by bp a little higher? It’s only been a few days since I started preg 100 and dhea 25 so I’ll continue to reassess (I don’t take any bp meds), I just received some source natural prog cream and applied 1/8 teaspoon to my shoulder during the afternoon going to start applying it at night. Hopefully this will help the constant anxiety I feel but I also hope my bp doesn’t keep driving up ,

Gman86

Sublingual progesterone. Ive tried from 1mg up to 20mg. Higher the dose the more anxiety caused.
Didn’t even know sublingual prog was a thing. Was it bioidentical or synthetic?

But ya u have to be very careful to not overdo it with prog. The range is extremely tight. Very minor changes in dose can make drastic differences in where ur levels are. For instance, in a range of (0.0-0.5) my level came back at 1.6 on 2mg of injectable prog, and 0.4 on 1mg of injectable prog

newuser

I recently started 100mg preg, I took my bp a few times and seems like something is pushing by bp a little higher? It’s only been a few days since I started preg 100 and dhea 25 so I’ll continue to reassess (I don’t take any bp meds), I just received some source natural prog cream and applied 1/8 teaspoon to my shoulder during the afternoon going to start applying it at night. Hopefully this will help the constant anxiety I feel but I also hope my bp doesn’t keep driving up ,
Transdermal hormones builds up into the skin layer. I could feel effect for 4 days when I tried transdermal progesterone.

Gman86

Likewise that's the only side effect i get from progestogen, anxiety no matter what dose otherwise i love it
What form and dosage are u using currently?

What forms and dosages have u experimented with in the past?

What are the benefits u get from it?

Isn’t prog supposed to help with anxiety? Jw if everyone experiencing side effects is using too much. It’s very easy to use too much prog. I personally take 1mg of injectable prog each night, and @Cataceous takes about half that, also in injectable form. So when guys are using doses of around 20mg (20-40 times what we are using), even if it’s a form that’s not absorbed as well, I just can’t help but think they could be overdosing themselves, and therefore experiencing unwanted side effects a good amount of the time

I’ve said this before, but just me adjusting my dosage from 1mg to 2mg of injectable prog was the difference between being in the normal range, to well over the top of the range. So very slight adjustments in mg’s can make pretty drastic differences in ur levels when it comes to prog. Which makes me think that guys tend to overdose themselves on it a lot of the time without even realizing it, and end up giving up on it because of unwanted side effects, when they really never knew how they would feel on it with in range prog levels

Last edited:

eli

What form and dosage are u using currently?

What forms and dosages have u experimented with in the past?

What are the benefits u get from it?

Isn’t prog supposed to help with anxiety? Jw if everyone experiencing side effects is using too much. It’s very easy to use too much prog. I personally take 1mg of injectable prog each night, and @Cataceous takes about half that, also in injectable form. So when guys are using doses of around 20mg (20-40 times what we are using), even if it’s a form that’s not absorbed as well, I just can’t help but think they could be overdosing themselves, and therefore experiencing unwanted side effects a good amount of the time

I’ve said this before, but just me adjusting my dosage from 1mg to 2mg of injectable prog was the difference between being in the normal range, to well over the top of the range. So very slight adjustments in mg’s can make pretty drastic differences in ur levels when it comes to prog. Which makes me think that guys tend to overdose themselves on it a lot of the time without even realizing it, and end up giving up on it because of unwanted side effects, when they really never knew how they would feel on it with in range prog levels
I have tried cream on scrotum, on other areas, oral progesterone different doses. I just have this horrible anxiety, and it's present at any dose.

The benefits are amazing, better sex drive, better orgasms, better erections, better skin, better hair, sleep.

I'm not taking any progesterone right now, the anxiety is not tolerable, the higher the dose, the greater the other benefits but worse for the anxiety.

With the injection, can you take couple times a week ?

Gman86

I have tried cream on scrotum, on other areas, oral progesterone different doses. I just have this horrible anxiety, and it's present at any dose.

The benefits are amazing, better sex drive, better orgasms, better erections, better skin, better hair, sleep.

I'm not taking any progesterone right now, the anxiety is not tolerable, the higher the dose, the greater the other benefits but worse for the anxiety.

With the injection, can you take couple times a week ?
That’s a good question actually. Not even sure what the half life is of injectable prog. It’s in oil, so maybe it’s long enough to where u can inject it less frequently than daily. I want to say that the half life is very short tho, hence why me and Cataceous inject daily, but I really don’t know the half life tbh. I feel like I heard it was very short and then decided to inject it daily. I bet @Cataceous would know

What dosages have u used with oral prog and prog cream? Mainly curious what the lowest dosages of each u’ve used are

eli

That’s a good question actually. Not even sure what the half life is of injectable prog. It’s in oil, so maybe it’s long enough to where u can inject it less frequently than daily. I want to say that the half life is very short tho, hence why me and Cataceous inject daily, but I really don’t know the half life tbh. I feel like I heard it was very short and then decided to inject it daily. I bet @Cataceous would know

What dosages have u used with oral prog and prog cream? Mainly curious what the lowest dosages of each u’ve used are
Progesterone cream I started with 10mg a day on scrotum, went as low as 0.25mg a day... That's like nothing, all i got was anxiety but not the good effects. At 5-10mg I got great benefits but the anxiety was so bad, nightmares every night.

Oral i went to 1mg a day.

I haven't tried injections yet. I don't want to pin everyday tho

Cynice49

I stopped with the progesterone cream, tested my progesterone, and it came back high @ 2.6 (reference range <1.4) via quest (no measurement given). No sx changes or anything significant.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me