Off antidepressant- question re anastrozole

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sawdustmaker

Through Defy Medical, I take testosterone injections twice per week. I also take anastrozole twice per week which ends up working for me. Recently, I ran out of my antidepressant citalopram (Celexa) before I realized it. I had been wanting to try and get off it any way, so I didn’t refill it. Long story, but I’m starting to feel like I am doing very well after a couple of weeks. I did know that you are NOT supposed to go off an antidepressant cold turkey but I‘m actually happier and less stressed than before using some techniques to deal with things. However I began noticing that I’m more emotional over things, but not in a bad way. Not that things are upsetting, but that good things, happy things, make me emotional in a good way. Not sure I should be getting teary over TV shows with happy endings though! I began reading that antidepressants can cause an emotional blunting. I’m wondering if suddenly being off them has removed that. So the question is, should I consider talking to Defy about adjusting my anastrozol? I do remember when I first started out on TRT that the estradiol level can screw with the emotions like crazy and it took a while to figure out how much anastrozole to take. Hope this makes sense.

T

tareload

Relevant thread RE: ADs (all of it is pertinent).

Why are you taking an AI? Protocol (test dosage, frequency), blood work, etc, etc?

How is anyone supposed to provide you any thoughtful feedback based on what you have provided?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

excelnelg

Anastrozol/estradiol levels aside, cessation of the antidepressant medication alone is enough to explain the feelings you're explaining. I have extensive experience with the use of antidepressants and what you have to understand is that your brain is constantly adjusting to changing amounts of neurotransmitters caused by the medication and the cessation of the medication. It can be a hellish roller coaster ride and very much like trying to shoot a moving target. What you also must understand is that use of or cessation of antidepressants can trigger mania in people with undiagnosed bipolar disorder. My mother was hospitalized twice from mania, which the doctors ignorantly misdiagnosed as mini strokes, and I deducted that it was as a result of stopping her antidpressants, in this case Lexapro, cold turkey. And low and behold, shortly thereafter it was acknowledged by the pharmaceutical companies that antidepressants can trigger mania. Be careful and take care of yourself but I would treat your use of anastrozol as a separate issue.

Sawdustmaker

Relevant thread RE: ADs (all of it is pertinent).

Why are you taking an AI? Protocol (test dosage, frequency), blood work, etc, etc?

How is anyone supposed to provide you any thoughtful feedback based on what you have provided?
Thanks, but I think I got my answer.

Sawdustmaker

Anastrozol/estradiol levels aside, cessation of the antidepressant medication alone is enough to explain the feelings you're explaining. I have extensive experience with the use of antidepressants and what you have to understand is that your brain is constantly adjusting to changing amounts of neurotransmitters caused by the medication and the cessation of the medication. It can be a hellish roller coaster ride and very much like trying to shoot a moving target. What you also must understand is that use of or cessation of antidepressants can trigger mania in people with undiagnosed bipolar disorder. My mother was hospitalized twice from mania, which the doctors ignorantly misdiagnosed as mini strokes, and I deducted that it was as a result of stopping her antidpressants, in this case Lexapro, cold turkey. And low and behold, shortly thereafter it was acknowledged by the pharmaceutical companies that antidepressants can trigger mania. Be careful and take care of yourself but I would treat your use of anastrozol as a separate issue.
Appreciate the response!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching