Nodule from SubQ Injections

Buy Lab Tests Online
Requisite Background: TRT patient for 5 years - current protocol is Test 80mg 2x/week, HCG 500iu 2x/week - and, I'm also currently taking HMG 75iu 3x/week in my quest to regain my fertility. Through the years, I experimented with multiple different protocols, from the standard 100mg injection 1x/week, to 2x/week injections, IM, SubQ, etc.

I've been a big fan of SubQ T injections for several years. It quickly and effectively addressed Hematocrit and Estradiol issues for me, and I definitely feel the benefits of the more stable T levels. It keeps my TT in the 1000-1,100 range, and free T above average. I'm blessed with naturally middle-low SHBG.

I typically administer my HCG and HMG injections SubQ around the naval area - those watery nodules disappear in half a day, which I why I reserve my belly-button area for those. And, for a couple of years, I've administered my T injections SubQ around my love handles. I occasionally switch it up and do shallow IM in the ventro-gluteals; but, stick to love handles for the most part. I typically get a small nodule under the skin for 24-48 hours where the oil is deposited. It doesn't cause any discomfort and is typically gone within a couple of days. However, on a recent injection, it felt a little more painful than normal - and upon removing the needle, a very dark-tinted blood trickled out. The pain was gone within a few hours. But, it's now 10 days later, I can still feel a sizable nodule under the skin where I injected. It's not painful - it's just there. I'm concerned it could be some trapped oil that's not going away.

Has anyone experienced this? Is it a problem I should be concerned about? Something I should do? Or, just leave it alone? Thanks in advance.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
Requisite Background: TRT patient for 5 years - current protocol is Test 80mg 2x/week, HCG 500iu 2x/week - and, I'm also currently taking HMG 75iu 3x/week in my quest to regain my fertility. Through the years, I experimented with multiple different protocols, from the standard 100mg injection 1x/week, to 2x/week injections, IM, SubQ, etc.

I've been a big fan of SubQ T injections for several years. It quickly and effectively addressed Hematocrit and Estradiol issues for me, and I definitely feel the benefits of the more stable T levels. It keeps my TT in the 1000-1,100 range, and free T above average. I'm blessed with naturally middle-low SHBG.

I typically administer my HCG and HMG injections SubQ around the naval area - those watery nodules disappear in half a day, which I why I reserve my belly-button area for those. And, for a couple of years, I've administered my T injections SubQ around my love handles. I occasionally switch it up and do shallow IM in the ventro-gluteals; but, stick to love handles for the most part. I typically get a small nodule under the skin for 24-48 hours where the oil is deposited. It doesn't cause any discomfort and is typically gone within a couple of days. However, on a recent injection, it felt a little more painful than normal - and upon removing the needle, a very dark-tinted blood trickled out. The pain was gone within a few hours. But, it's now 10 days later, I can still feel a sizable nodule under the skin where I injected. It's not painful - it's just there. I'm concerned it could be some trapped oil that's not going away.

Has anyone experienced this? Is it a problem I should be concerned about? Something I should do? Or, just leave it alone?
Thanks in advance.

When it comes to injecting oil-based esterified T subcutaneously some individuals do not fare well as they tend to have a bad reaction (nodules, pain/swelling, itchiness).

Can be due to an allergic reaction to the excipients/carrier oil, ester used (more commonly propionate), or poor injection technique.

The volume of the oily solution and injection technique can play a big role.

Keeping injections to .5 ml (50 units) or less/injecting slow and steady can help minimize post-injection nodules.

Most nodules will resolve unless there is an infection.

Whether injecting sub-q/IM many may also run into issues with leakage of the oily solution/blood post-injection.

When using a fixed LDS insulin syringe 27-31G injection site leakage of the oily solution let alone blood should be minimal--->non-existant if using a proper injection technique.

Pushing hard on the plunger after injecting can cause the rubber stopper to compress causing a suction/vacuum effect (flow back) which can cause leakage of the oily solution.

Never force the plunger after injecting otherwise you will increase the chance of flow back.

Just inject slow and steady (less trauma) to surrounding tissue.

It is normal to sometimes get some blood leakage (minimal) let alone oily solution after injecting especially if you nicked a vessel on the way in or anytime you pierce the skin.

Avoid pressing hard on the plunger after injecting and it will make a big difference in preventing any flow back (oily solution/blood).

I find piercing the skin quick than injecting slow and steady with minimal pressure from start to finish works best.

I typically administer my HCG and HMG injections SubQ around the naval area - those watery nodules disappear in half a day, which I why I reserve my belly-button area for those.

And, for a couple of years, I've administered my T injections SubQ around my love handles. I occasionally switch it up and do shallow IM in the ventro-gluteals; but, stick to love handles for the most part. I typically get a small nodule under the skin for 24-48 hours where the oil is deposited. It doesn't cause any discomfort and is typically gone within a couple of days.

Seeing as you have issues with nodules after injecting oil-based let alone water-based medications subcutaneously then injecting shallow IM would make more sense.

Luckily you have not had any issues with absorption/effectiveness or major discomfort at the injection site up until now otherwise you would have bailed out on sub-q much sooner.

However, on a recent injection, it felt a little more painful than normal - and upon removing the needle, a very dark-tinted blood trickled out. The pain was gone within a few hours. But, it's now 10 days later, I can still feel a sizable nodule under the skin where I injected. It's not painful - it's just there. I'm concerned it could be some trapped oil that's not going away.

Was anything done differently when you injected this time?

If it was infected you would know.

Even then 10 days post-injection is far too long and I would go have it looked at.

*Regarding big pharma, generic or compounded injectable T there is no secret recipe as they are all manufactured with:

- an esterified T (prodrug) whether (propionate/enanthate/cypionate/undecanoate or mixed esters)

- a carrier oil (vehiculum) such as (sesame, cottonseed, castor, peanut, grapeseed)

- an excipient such as:

Benzyl Alcohol
• Solubility enhancer
• Oil viscosity reducer
• Local anesthetic
• Preservative

Benzyl Benzoate
• Solubility enhancer
• Solvent

Ethanol
• Solvent

Chlorobutanol
• Preservative

Thanks, Madman. Agree with everything you said. I've been doing 4 SubQ injections per week (2x T and 2x HCG) for several years and never really had an issue. Always used the same carrier oil for T - grapeseed oil. No reactions or allergies ever. I def follow the same protocol you outlined. I use a 27g 1/2" insulin syringe, break skin fast, inject slow, and typically have minimal, if any leakage of oil or blood. I might see the slightest hint of red when wiping post-inject with an alcohol swab. My T injection is always .4ml, for 80mg of T. I've been doing .5ml for both HCG and HMG without issue, as well.

But this particular injection just seemed different from the get go. Entry of the needle was more painful than normal, and leakage was different from the past. Based on what you said, I almost wonder if I hit a larger vessel. I'm quite certain it's not infected - no pain whatsoever; I've even been messaging it to see if I can get it to dissipate and that causes no pain. No redness, now swelling - it's not even really that visible. But, I can feel it there.

I do typically pinch some skin to do these injections - not hard, though. Imagine fingers 3" apart and just lightly pinching to bring the injection site up slightly and ease entry of the needle. Once the needle is in, I let go of the skin and inject. Not sure if poor form this time could've cause some kind of issue.

Neil

I have gotten those when I didn't push in deep enough. What solved those sub q issues was using a 1/2" (27ga) and burying it, all the way in and denting the skin. Never happened again, and I've been doing it for almost 10 years. A buddy had the same issue, and he solved it with the same method.

Thank you @Neil and @madman. So, want to follow-up on this. I've been scouring the inter webs (including these forums) on this topic. And, here's my hypothetical question: is it possible to just overuse a particular site for SubQ injections, to the point that it starts getting irritated with them? I know that for several years, I could do SubQ TestC into my love handles without any issue - occasional bruise or bleeding, but over hundreds of shots no major issues. But, I've used exclusively the love handles - I save my naval area for my HCG and HMG, and have about 6 different sites around the naval that I rotate through.

That means that, essentially, I'm hitting these spots once per week (right love handle on Sun and left love handle on Wed). So, I'm going to rotate to another site and give my love-handles a break - I think I'm going to follow Dr. Chrisler's advice in a couple of other threads and try out the fat pads at the top of my glutes. I did my Wed-evening shot there tonight. If I can do the glute pads without any kind of reaction or nodule, I think I'll be satisfied that I just need to give the love-handles a rest for a while.

Thank you, gents.

madman

Super Moderator
I have gotten those when I didn't push in deep enough. What solved those sub q issues was using a 1/2" (27ga) and burying it, all the way in and denting the skin. Never happened again, and I've been doing it for almost 10 years. A buddy had the same issue, and he solved it with the same method.

I have gotten those when I didn't push in deep enough.

Can happen for some but would be far from common.

Even then depending on where one is injecting let alone how much adipose 1/2" (12.7 MM) needle length can easily be shallow IM.

I and many on trt are injecting strictly sub-q using a fixed LDS insulin syringe 30-31G x 15/64"(6MM) needle length and never had any issues with nodules let alone absorption of T!

madman

Super Moderator
Thank you @Neil and @madman. So, want to follow-up on this. I've been scouring the inter webs (including these forums) on this topic. And, here's my hypothetical question: is it possible to just overuse a particular site for SubQ injections, to the point that it starts getting irritated with them? I know that for several years, I could do SubQ TestC into my love handles without any issue - occasional bruise or bleeding, but over hundreds of shots no major issues. But, I've used exclusively the love handles - I save my naval area for my HCG and HMG, and have about 6 different sites around the naval that I rotate through.

That means that, essentially, I'm hitting these spots once per week (right love handle on Sun and left love handle on Wed). So, I'm going to rotate to another site and give my love-handles a break - I think I'm going to follow Dr. Chrisler's advice in a couple of other threads and try out the fat pads at the top of my glutes. I did my Wed-evening shot there tonight. If I can do the glute pads without any kind of reaction or nodule, I think I'll be satisfied that I just need to give the love-handles a rest for a while.

Thank you, gents.

Should be no issue if you are rotating injection sites in the same area and even then if you are using fixed LDS insulin syringes 27-31G various needle lengths there should be minimal trauma/scar tissue.

Should be no issue if you are rotating injection sites in the same area and even then if you are using fixed LDS insulin syringes 27-31G various needle lengths there should be minimal trauma/scar tissue.
Yeah, in theory, I agree with you. But, in practice, my love-handles are disagreeing with us both LOL. I've used 27g 1/2" LDS insulin syringes to inject .4ml of 200mg/ml T Cyp suspended in grapeseed oil from Empower Pharmacy, in the same manner for several years. For whatever reason, my body in that area has started producing an inflammatory response to it - but, only in that spot (love-handles). Tonight, I injected in the fatty pad of the glute - zero issue, no nodule, no inflammatory response. I don't think it's an allergy to the medication, and don't think it's the way I'm administering the shot. The only, last-ditch solution I can come up with is that I've overused the site without allowing enough time between injections, and I need to give it a rest for a little while. I'll def report back if this helps to solve my problem, and hopefully this thread will help someone else having a similar problem somewhere down the line. Greatly appreciate the input from you gents.

I know that for several years, I could do SubQ TestC into my love handles without any issue - occasional bruise or bleeding, but over hundreds of shots no major issues. But, I've used exclusively the love handles

That means that, essentially, That means that, essentially, I'm hitting these spots once per week (right love handle on Sun and left love handle on Wed).

Seems odd that all of a sudden you would have such a reaction when you had been using the same area for a long-time with no issues let alone you stated I'm hitting these spots once per week (right love handle on Sun and left love handle on Wed).

I did my Wed-evening shot there tonight. If I can do the glute pads without any kind of reaction or nodule, I think I'll be satisfied that I just need to give the love handles a rest for a while.

Smart move and only time will tell.

Wolverine

I have gotten those when I didn't push in deep enough.

Can happen for some but would be far from common.

Even then depending on where one is injecting let alone how much adipose 1/2" (12.7 MM) needle length can easily be shallow IM.

I and many on trt are injecting strictly sub-q using a fixed LDS insulin syringe 30-31G x 15/64"(6MM) needle length and never had any issues with nodules let alone absorption of T!
Where do you inject? I have 31g 8mm needles. Tx

madman

Super Moderator
Where do you inject? I have 31g 8mm needles. Tx

1649952026447.png

Just an update - I've been doing my T shots IM the past couple of months (2x/week), just to give the inflamed areas in my abdomen some time. (I also took a break from the HCG during this time - both for conservation of it, as well as liking to "cycle" off of it every once in a while to maintain effectiveness - it seems to diminish over time for me). The nodules I noticed in my abdomen have completely resolved (with the exception of one teeny, tiny little hard spot). Interestingly, I've felt a slight bump in energy and mood since switching to IM temporarily. Nonetheless, I'm going to give about another month, then try something different - daily SubQ. My hope is that the much smaller volume will result in less inflammation, and of course that the daily administration may lead to more stable levels and less E. I just tried one time with 22mg (.11 on the insulin syringe) in the abdomen, just to experiment with it - no issues and nodule was gone within 5 days. I'm thinking if I break up the injection sites to have 8-10 different spots in rotation, it should go well. But, we shall see......

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me