My wife has colon cancer.

52hoosier

My wife is having her surgery on November 25th, the day before Thanksgiving. She should be in the hospital until Sunday. We don’t have any anxiety and we feel that things will work out great.
Praying for you and your wife, Vince. May God guide the doctors and give her a complete, cancer free recovery.

Vince

Super Moderator
I guess I should update this thread. It’s been a tough two weeks, she had her surgery on (last week) Wednesday. Ran 106 fever, low iron and then low red blood cells. She came home on Tuesday and she does have pain.

They removed 32 lymph nodes, 2 have cancer cells in them. So she will be starting chemo, after Christmas.

DragonBits

I guess I should update this thread. It’s been a tough two weeks, she had her surgery on (last week) Wednesday. Ran 106 fever, low iron and then low red blood cells. She came home on Tuesday and she does have pain.

They removed 32 lymph nodes, 2 have cancer cells in them. So she will be starting chemo, after Christmas.

Vince, hope things go well for your wife and you

Blackhawk

Ugh, Cancer and cancer treatment can be a MF-er. Hang in there man and take good care of her.

Keeping you in my thoughts, Good vibes to you both Vince.

Seth

Hey Vince,
Hope your wife is doing well.

Vince

Super Moderator
She was supposed to start her fourth treatment of chemo, on Monday. But her blood count was too low. We'll start it next Monday.

She's going through it pretty good. The roughest part I think is her hands and feet sensitivity, to the cold. She can't even drink anything cold, have to warm everything up in the microwave.

I had her start taking melatonin. Supposedly, it makes the cancer cells more sensitive to chemo and a good cells less sensitive to the chemo. I don't know if the studies are true, but we're trying it.

I'll look over the thread on mouth wash for mucositis.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts