Losing hair on TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

Ronnny

I have been on TRT now for one year. It seems like I am losing hair slowly. I never had baldness pattern. Now losing hair on both side of my forehead. I am 42. My dad is over 70 and he still has full think hair. I always had thick hair.I have more body hair now with TRT but losing hair close to my forehead like male pattern baldness.

How do I reverse it or stop this hairloss without stopping TRT? What can I take or apply to stop hair loss on head?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

My dad is over 70 and he still has full think hair.
You have your mothers gene also.
How do I reverse it or stop this hairloss without stopping TRT?

You don't, you can't, you can stop TRT and delay but you can't stop it. You might just be losing hair because you are older. I started noticing less hair around the forehead when I hit my 40's and really picked up in my late 40's even when I wasn't on TRT.

Vince

Super Moderator
Nelson has a nice thread stopping hair loss.

Ronnny

You have your mothers gene also.

You don't, you can't, you can stop TRT and delay but you can't stop it. You might just be losing hair because you are older. I started noticing less hair around the forehead when I hit my 40's and really picked up in my late 40's even when I wasn't on TRT.

May be bevause I am getting older, it might not be my TRT. I wish I could block Currently I am taking 100mg/week, 50mg twice a week. May be I need to reduce the dose. Last labwork showing Free and total T out of range.

Attachments

• TRT_report.jpg
    TRT_report.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 176
Last edited:

TestOneTwo

Looking at your labs you probably meant 200mg/week. Seems a little high considering your low SHBG. Also, how can E2 be so low? Oh wait, that's not sensitive is it? Maybe try lower your dose and potentially delay your hair loss that way? On a side note, do you take tons of Vit D and/or fish oil by any chance?

Rain27

Me parece que quieres decir que tomas 100 mg por semana, divididos 2 veces por semana / 50 mg x 2 = 100 mg por semana, ¿correcto?

Ronnny

Looking at your labs you probably meant 200mg/week. Seems a little high considering your low SHBG. Also, how can E2 be so low? Oh wait, that's not sensitive is it? Maybe try lower your dose and potentially delay your hair loss that way? On a side note, do you take tons of Vit D and/or fish oil by any chance?

50mg twice a week, so total 100mg/week. Yes I take vitamin D and 200mg fish oil every day. Plus I take lot of vitamins like boron, Vitamin C, Biotin 10,000 mcg, B-complex etc.

TestOneTwo

50mg twice a week, so total 100mg/week. Yes I take vitamin D and 200mg fish oil every day. Plus I take lot of vitamins like boron, Vitamin C, Biotin 10,000 mcg, B-complex etc.
Are you taking an AI? I'm wondering because your E2 seems so low.

Regarding the Vit D and potentially fish oil I'd suggest to maybe drop it for a while. I know it sounds crazy but I have just gone through my fourth independent incident of scary hair loss/shedding while supplementing with these two. It happened several times in the past and these two supplements had always been involved.
This time around I suspected TRT to be the culprit since I had just started, and just like you I'd posted it on here with little outcome other than the usual advise. Soon after though I realized by accident I had also started taking insane accumulative amounts of Vit D in addition to lots of fish oil which I also associate with issues. Eat the real thing, oily fish etc.

I kid you not when I say that my shedding started to improve days after I'd stopped these two supplements every time. This time around I also stopped Biotin and B. The daily total amounts I was taking of each were all far exceeding save levels. I always said and I keep saying that excessive supplementation with vitamins can do more harm than good. Keep in mind, more doesn't help more. If you are not deficient taking more will not help more and can even cause toxicity. Vitamin D from sun exposure is likely absolutely sufficient.

Rain27

[CITA = "Ronnny, publicación: 175643, miembro: 21242"]
50 mg dos veces por semana, por lo que un total de 100 mg / semana. Sí, tomo vitamina D y 200 mg de aceite de pescado todos los días. Además, tomo muchas vitaminas como boro, vitamina C, biotina, 10,000 mcg, complejo B, etc.
[/ CITAR]
[QUOTE = "Ronnny, publicación: 175642, miembro: 21242"]
Sí, tiene usted razón. Eso es a lo que me refiero.
[/CITAR]Perhaps the most experienced moderators explain better but their total testo does not close with very low shbg, at least it does not close to me 100mg that with that low shbg you have such a high totsl

Stylo

It comes down to accepting hair loss or feeling great. If you dial in your TRT, you could slowly lose it or not. I feel like my hair is coarser and somewhat thinning, but I do have MBP in my family on both sides. So I accepted that itll prolly have to go. Im getting closer to 50 so no big deal. I just focus on working out to offset the bald and fat stigma. I will suggest go for the shortest haircut you are able to get and see how you look. Then focus on your body. Hair is cool, but looking like a badass is cooler.

Ronnny

[/CITAR]Perhaps the most experienced moderators explain better but their total testo does not close with very low shbg, at least it does not close to me 100mg that with that low shbg you have such a high totsl
[/QUOTE]

The day before the blood test I took Biotin. I take Biotin everyday. I think the lab work is not accurate. Biotin interferes with blood test , specially Total Testosterone Level.

TestOneTwo

[/CITAR] The day before the blood test I took Biotin. I take Biotin everyday. I think the lab work is not accurate. Biotin interferes with blood test , specially Total Testosterone Level.
[/QUOTE]

That's new to me but might explain why your TT is so high. Getting to that level with your low SHBG would probably come with an awful amount of side effects. I'm lowish SHBG and challenged to get close to even 850 without causing other issues.

Ronnny

My HTC was 46 one time other time 50. I donated blood one time althouh my HTC was not too high. Lipid panel within range and excellent.

Attachments

• lipid panel.jpg
    lipid panel.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 153
Last edited:

Rock H. Johnson

I agree with @Stylo here as the bad effects AI´s have on aromatisation and the needed estrogen for health, the same can be seen with 5α-reductases.
5α-DHT
is in my experience very important on many levels for men´s health. So as with the AI´s and estrogen a lot of men when they start losing hair, jump on the 5a-reductase bandwagon and seeing @madman post:
And the following sides from these:
This treatment may result in development of non-alcoholic fatty liver diseases (NAFLD), insulin resistance (IR), type 2 diabetes (T2DM), dry eye disease, potential kidney dysfunction, among other metabolic dysfunctions.
There are many doubts about DHT being the lone culprit on hair loss anyways....

I just wanted to make you aware of possible consequences taking this route to your health ....... although it is easy for me to speak because I am already bald and a big fan of DHT.....

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me