Liver Values (AST/ALT) missing from new bloodwork

Buy Lab Tests Online
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Swole

Hey guys, question for anybody that has had bloodwork done through discount labs before and after the transition from Labcorp to Quest. I ordered the same test that I always get. TRT Male Hormone/Wellness Followup Panel and can't find the AST and ALT results anywhere. They were high last time and I was trying to get them down and wanted to see how successful I was. I checked the site again and they are still included in the package.

Any idea why they may have not been tested or included on the PDF?

Thanks!!!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Johnny Swole

Nelson, would you be able to answer a few question for me?

1. Is there a difference between Estrodial Sensitive and Estrodial Ultra Sensitive? Mine was 45 on both of my tests this year. The Labcorp range is 8.0-35.0 and the Quest range is < OR = 29 pg/mL.

2. On the free Test, the Labcorp range is 6.8-21.5 and mine in January was 27.2. On the Quest test last week my result was 334.6 and the range is 35.0-155.0 pg/mL

3. My SBG went from 8 to 24. What are some things that affect that? And is higher better?

Thank you!!!!

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
1. Is there a difference between Estradiol Sensitive and Estradiol Ultra Sensitive? Mine was 45 on both of my tests this year. The Labcorp range is 8.0-35.0 and the Quest range is < OR = 29 pg/mL.

There are the same test. Quest chose to call theirs ultrasensitive. Lab ranges mean nothing for estradiol except for the lowest value which we know from studies should not be low (approx 15 pg/ml) due to bone loss.

For men with testosterone under 675 ng/dL (NHANES cohort), these were median estradiol levels (measured by ECLIA, not sensitive test).

mean total estradiol in men.jpg

Source: Age-Specific Serum Total and Free Estradiol Concentrations in Healthy Men in US Nationally Representative Samples

If we assume that sensitive E2 may be lower than regular by 20% in healthy men, then assume a max median E2 by LC/MS of 30 mg/mL for TT under 700 ng/dl.

This study also shows the predicted (ECLIA) estradiol for different T doses:

2. On the free Test, the Labcorp range is 6.8-21.5 and mine in January was 27.2. On the Quest test last week my result was 334.6 and the range is 35.0-155.0 pg/mL

Free Testosterone is about 2% of total. LabCorp and Quest ranges are derived from all men in their US database (men with low T , normal T and High T). Just multiply your total T by 0.20 to get to what your expected free T is.

I tend to agree more with Quest on this one. I had sent several emails to Labcorp to complain about their low and narrow range but they never addressed it.

3. My SBG went from 8 to 24. What are some things that affect that? And is higher better?

You probably lowered your T dose. SHBG level means nothing to me when free T is 2 %or above. Lean healthy men and women have higher SHBG. People with insulin resistance have low SHBG. Higher T doses decrease SHBG.

Johnny Swole

You probably lowered your T dose. SHBG level means nothing to me when free T is 2 %or above. Lean healthy men and women have higher SHBG. People with insulin resistance have low SHBG. Higher T doses decrease SHBG.

This makes total sense. Around the time of the first test I was on "extra" and had come off recently.

Johnny Swole

Free Testosterone is about 2% of total. LabCorp and Quest ranges are derived from all men in their US database (men with low T , normal T and High T). Just multiply your total T by 0.20 to get to what your expected free T is.

I tend to agree more with Quest on this one. I had sent several emails to Labcorp to complain about their low and narrow range but they never addressed it.

I assume you meant multiply by .02, not .20
In that case my free test should be around 21, but it's over 300. That sounds way off, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale