Increased aggressiveness on TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

MercadorViking

Hi there. I am experiencing increase in angressiveness on my testosterone therapy. My last injection was last week when I had 100mg. Two days later I became angry and started to be pissed off about anything. I'm freling better now one week after. Being registred that I am not a agressive person, this started with the hormone use. Do anyone knw what is the problem? Too high of dosage for me? Should I lower my dose?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

MarcoFL

Do you have labs before and after starting TRT? how long have you been on? either way I would be splitting that dose to at least twice a week.

madman

Super Moderator
Hi there. I am experiencing increase in angressiveness on my testosterone therapy. My last injection was last week when I had 100mg. Two days later I became angry and started to be pissed off about anything. I'm freling better now one week after. Being registred that I am not a agressive person, this started with the hormone use. Do anyone knw what is the problem? Too high of dosage for me? Should I lower my dose?

As stated above you need to post labs.

Injecting larger doses of T less frequently will result in driving up your TT/FT/e2 levels this initial burst release will have T levels rising within the first 2 hrs reaching peak (supra-physiological) levels 8-12 hrs post-injection and remain elevated during the first few days only to end up much lower come weeks end.

Testosterone has a tonic effect on the CNS as high levels can make one feel amped up and depending on the individual may very well lead to aggression/anxiety/impulsive behavior.

The main downfall of injecting a larger dose of T once weekly is that not only will there be a big difference in peak--->trough but blood levels will not be as stable throughout the week which can have a negative impact on energy/mood/libido/erectile function/recovery.

Vince

Super Moderator

MercadorViking

Thanks! I have around 1000 TT after injecting 100mg. Will split up my dosage and take labs again. But talking about how I'm feeling, if the anxiety/angryness still hit me should I decrease my dosage? Is someone using less than 100mg per week here?

madman

Super Moderator
Thanks! I have around 1000 TT after injecting 100mg. Will split up my dosage and take labs again. But talking about how I'm feeling, if the anxiety/angryness still hit me should I decrease my dosage? Is someone using less than 100mg per week here?

When was blood work done (after your 100 mg injection)?

Again although TT is important to know FT is what truly matters as it is the active unbound fraction of testosterone responsible for the positive effects.

You need to be more concerned with where your true trough FT level sits.

What is your SHBG as it will have a big impact on the effectiveness of your protocol (dose T/injection frequency) let alone FT level?

If you are hitting TT 1000 ng/dL at the true trough (7 days post-injection) then your FT levels may very well be absurdly high depending on your SHBG which would mean your peak TT/FT/e2 levels would be through the roof.

madman

Super Moderator
When on trt we always test at the true trough to make sure T levels are not too low as the goal is to maintain healthy T levels throughout the week which will have a big impact on the relief/improvement of low-t symptoms (energy/mood/libido/erections/recovery).

If you are injecting once weekly say Monday morning at 9 am then blood work should be done at 8 am the following Monday (true trough) as we are testing when T levels are at their lowest point of the week.

madman

Super Moderator
This should be mandatory for everyone on trt/hrt!

One should be much more concerned with where their SHBG sits and what dose of T is needed to achieve a healthy FT let alone what injection frequency (daily, EOD, M/W/F, twice weekly (every 3.5 days), once weekly) they feel best on.

Which protocol one chooses to follow needs to be consistent (dose T/injection frequency).

Top it all off that lab work needs to be done at the true trough using an accurate assay to see where one TT/FT/e2 levels truly sit on such protocol otherwise you are just wasting your time.

Key points:

* following a consistent protocol (dose of T/injection frequency)
* having blood work done using the same lab
* same assay (most accurate) TT (LC/MS-MS), FT(Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration), e2 (LC/MS-MS)
* testing at the true trough

madman

Super Moderator
The critical big 3!

Use Nelsons discountedlabs.

Screenshot (3104).png

1609183375779.png

Screenshot (3106).png

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors