If I can't afford HCG, is supplementing with Preg/DHEA the next best option?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Greyfox

I've been reading lots of information out there on "backfilling pathways" and how supplementing Pregnenolone and DHEA is good in order to supply some of the missing components that TRT will suppress. I am still weighing my options but its looking like HCG may be cost prohibitive at least at this time. Is supplementing Preg/DHEA a good option in this case?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
M

MarkM

This is one of those things you will get varying opinions on. I will give you my experience.

I have read a great deal about "backfilling the pathways" as well and tried HCG hoping it would do just that. After months of being on HCG and several tests, I saw no movement in my DHEA, Pregnenolone, or Progesterone serum results. My DHEA registered 64 (very low) and my Pregnenolone and Progesterone were so low they were undetectable.

I started supplementing with DHEA and Pregnenolone and finally saw some movement in backfilling. My DHEA is now at the top of the range, my Progesterone is now mid range, and my Pregenelone is moving upward and at 41, it still is on the low end, but moving up.

Some state they can not take DHEA or Pregnenolone but I think they have made me calmer and make me sleep better.

I have since stopped taking the HCG but continue the supplementation of DHEA and Pregnenolone.

Sean Mosher

What MarkM said.
There's a ton of variability in how guys respond to each.
Many of the docs I follow use hcG, DHEA and Pregnenolone with their patients based on a combo of symptoms and labwork.
I use Pregnenolone in the evening.
If they are helping you then I'd say stick with it.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
This is one of those things you will get varying opinions on. I will give you my experience.

I have read a great deal about "backfilling the pathways" as well and tried HCG hoping it would do just that. After months of being on HCG and several tests, I saw no movement in my DHEA, Pregnenolone, or Progesterone serum results. My DHEA registered 64 (very low) and my Pregnenolone and Progesterone were so low they were undetectable.

I started supplementing with DHEA and Pregnenolone and finally saw some movement in backfilling. My DHEA is now at the top of the range, my Progesterone is now mid range, and my Pregenelone is moving upward and at 41, it still is on the low end, but moving up.

Some state they can not take DHEA or Pregnenolone but I think they have made me calmer and make me sleep better.

I have since stopped taking the HCG but continue the supplementation of DHEA and Pregnenolone.

Was your HCG dose below 500 IU 2-3 times per week?
Thanks for the update on oral pregnenolone and DHEA! What are your doses? Did you notice any testicular effects?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I've been reading lots of information out there on "backfilling pathways" and how supplementing Pregnenolone and DHEA is good in order to supply some of the missing components that TRT will suppress. I am still weighing my options but its looking like HCG may be cost prohibitive at least at this time. Is supplementing Preg/DHEA a good option in this case?
Good question. No one has looked at a comparison of dual oral supplementation of Preg+DHEA+ TRT vs HCG + TRT when it comes to upstream hormones and quality of life.

M

MarkM

Was your HCG dose below 500 IU 2-3 times per week?
Thanks for the update on oral pregnenolone and DHEA! What are your doses? Did you notice any testicular effects?

I was taking 500 IU of HCG twice weekly. I saw no difference in testes size. It is worth noting that prior to trying the HCG I was on testosterone mono-therapy for about 11 years prior to trying the HCG. It might be that I waited too long to try HCG.

I am now taking 50 mg of DHEA and 75 mg of Pregnenolone. I seem calmer and sleep better taking the DHEA and Preg. No negative side effects that I am aware of,

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me