Headaches and Brain fog?

Buy Lab Tests Online

murrayh

Hey guys, been on TRT for about 6 months. Started with weekly shots at 150mg up to 180mg which would cause extreme anxiety, never really felt that good. Since then have tried a few different protocols 60 mg every 3.5 and most recently 30 mg EOD with 250mg HCG EOD. No AI. Problem is no matter what the dose about 4-6 hours after injection I get an insane headache and horrible brain fog/concentration memory issues. I feel zoned out. It seems to last anywhere from a day to 3 days depending on what dose. Also noticed that morning erections increase and wellbeing feeling are better getting closer to my trough which seems counterintuitive. I originally thought it could be an allergy to the carrier oil but have tried grapeseed and cottonseed. I really can't seem to figure this out and I feel worse than before. Maybe I'm having an E2 spike just after the shot? I've tried an AI in the past with the same result. I really can't figure it out and my doc has no clue why the headaches are occurring. Anyone out there have any ideas I'm desperate. My only other thought was to try lowering my dosage as maybe my low SBGH is causing high free T and high free E.

Most recent labs
TESTOSTERONE, TOTAL, MS 561 250-1100 ng/dL
TESTOSTERONE, FREE 99.5 35.0-155.0 pg/mL
HEMOGLOBIN 15.3 13.2-17.1 g/dL
HEMATOCRIT 43.4 38.5-50.0 %
ESTRADIOL SENSATIVE 22 8-35
SBGH 23.4 16.5-55.9

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Hey guys, been on TRT for about 6 months. Started with weekly shots at 150mg up to 180mg which would cause extreme anxiety, never really felt that good. Since then have tried a few different protocols 60 mg every 3.5 and most recently 30 mg EOD with 250mg HCG EOD. No AI. Problem is no matter what the dose about 4-6 hours after injection I get an insane headache and horrible brain fog/concentration memory issues. I feel zoned out. It seems to last anywhere from a day to 3 days depending on what dose. Also noticed that morning erections increase and wellbeing feeling are better getting closer to my trough which seems counterintuitive. I originally thought it could be an allergy to the carrier oil but have tried grapeseed and cottonseed. I really can't seem to figure this out and I feel worse than before. Maybe I'm having an E2 spike just after the shot? I've tried an AI in the past with the same result. I really can't figure it out and my doc has no clue why the headaches are occurring. Anyone out there have any ideas I'm desperate. My only other thought was to try lowering my dosage as maybe my low SBGH is causing high free T and high free E.

Most recent labs
SBGH 23.4 16.5-55.9
I don't see anything in your levels that should be causing any issues like you are describing.

Systemlord

30mg EOD is too much testosterone, I get headaches when my doses are too high. I attribute the headaches to high estrogen.

The difference working with a clueless doctor and one with more experience is night and day.

Your only thought should be working with a more knowledgeable doctor instead of settling for a doctor that doesn't know what to do. It's likely you will have to leave your health insurance network to find a more knowledgeable doctor.

1Draw

I don't see anything in your levels that should be causing any issues like you are describing.

Agree with Vince. Could be your thyroid. There are many many symptoms of hypothyroidism. Here is a great sticky by Nelson and read the post by other members especially Orin's links to thyroid websites.

Hypothyrodism: Facts and Interactions. Excellent information!

Some have experienced low thyroid function after starting TRT. At the minimum I would ask to have following thyroid test ran:

TSH
FT4
FT3
Reverse T3
Thyroid Antibodies

Keep us posted and good luck!

Last edited:

murrayh

Thanks guys. I’ll keep trying to find a solution I felt somewhat decent the first couple months with trt didn’t have the headaches but the last 3 months have been a tough go. Will look into thyroid labs as I think all I’ve had done is TSH before trt

murrayh

Update. With my Dr. approval we switched my protocol to 14 mg a day subq. Also added magnesium. Immediately started feeling better, no more headaches. I know daily usually has an adjustment period for everyone band it’s only been about a week but I’ve noticed a significant increase in anxiety. Think this is just the flux of getting used to the change?

Most recent labs
SBGH 23.4 16.5-55.9

You should be running I'd suggest it for another layer of visibility but your SHBG is on the lower side which can mean you have more Free Estrogen (as you posted) which isn't shown in the E2 sensitive test. I suggest testing "Estradiol, Free" along with the sensitive test because the sound of it seems like Estrogen, too me. I wouldn't have suggested daily shots but would cut back the HCG to 250iu twice per week, or 100iu EOD something like that...to see if less stim of the testes would reduce your Estrogen. If you don't have an issue with sticking yourself everyday then it can be a good thing though I think you'll find that 14mg/D is on the low side....your dose should reflect your Free T being at the upper lab range.

murrayh

No one has brought up sleep issues. That and allergies are the main causes of brain fog.

Nelson sleep is great. Feel rested every night and good in the morning. It was very noted that the headache would come 4-6 hours after injection. I just recently switched to cottonseed from grapeseed to see if that was the problem. At first I didn’t think it changed anything but could have been that the grapeseed was still in my system. All I know is the change has improved things so far for the most part minus the slight increase in anxiety.

murrayh

You should be running I'd suggest it for another layer of visibility but your SHBG is on the lower side which can mean you have more Free Estrogen (as you posted) which isn't shown in the E2 sensitive test. I suggest testing "Estradiol, Free" along with the sensitive test because the sound of it seems like Estrogen, too me. I wouldn't have suggested daily shots but would cut back the HCG to 250iu twice per week, or 100iu EOD something like that...to see if less stim of the testes would reduce your Estrogen. If you don't have an issue with sticking yourself everyday then it can be a good thing though I think you'll find that 14mg/D is on the low side....your dose should reflect your Free T being at the upper lab range.

I’m going to try this dosage out for a bit considering I’ve been at higher doses up to 200mg (when I first started didn’t know any better, got a new doc) and didn’t feel good maybe I’m one of those that does well on less. I can always slowly increase if need be. I really do appreciate all your guys ideas and feedback however. This site has proved to be so awesome. My wife gets mad at how much I’m reading on here haha.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me