Estradiol is High but I feel OK

Luke717

I have been on TRT for 7 months now and its been good. I have an issue with my E2 levels. for the most part I dont have any symptoms. Except sometimes minor hot flashs and minor mood swings. I have felt like my chest has gotten fatter. So not sure I have gyno going or its all in my head. Again for the most part I feel fine but my E2 is 100 and E2 sensitive ranges from 84-94. Dr started me on .125 Anastrazole every other week. I got it tested 1 week after taking .125 and E2 was the same. I am seeing Saya from Defy. Where should my E2 # be?

My T is at 870

Free T at 31

pfuked

100 pg/ml is pretty high. I'm sure the good doctor will either lower your testosterone, or put you on a higher dose of Anastrazole. Some guys can handle high E2, but for me I need it to be low--in the 20-30 pg/ml range.

Gman86

100 pg/ml is pretty high. I'm sure the good doctor will either lower your testosterone, or put you on a higher dose of Anastrazole. Some guys can handle high E2, but for me I need it to be low--in the 20-30 pg/ml range.
What’s ur other labs look like? Total T, free T, SHBG? Just curious

Bryan_K77

I have been on TRT for 7 months now and its been good. I have an issue with my E2 levels. for the most part I dont have any symptoms. Except sometimes minor hot flashs and minor mood swings. I have felt like my chest has gotten fatter. So not sure I have gyno going or its all in my head. Again for the most part I feel fine but my E2 is 100 and E2 sensitive ranges from 84-94. Dr started me on .125 Anastrazole every other week. I got it tested 1 week after taking .125 and E2 was the same. I am seeing Saya from Defy. Where should my E2 # be?

My T is at 870

Free T at 31
If you’re not having symptoms then just leave it be. Look for healthy and natural ways to lower e2, like losing body fat, using sauna, etc. The problem with aromatase inhibitors is that you have no idea what tissues in the body the ai’s are blocking estrogen in. For example, Aromatase is upregulated in glia near the injury site after traumatic brain injury. If you are not comfortable with e2 levels that high for some reason, just lower your dose

Vince

Super Moderator

My T is at 870

Free T at 31
I would keep your estrogen 60 pg/mL or under.

slicktop

I would be MISERABLE with my E2 at 100. I got into the 90's once and I hated the way I felt. Personally, I try to keep my E2 close to my SHBG level, which for me is around 25. I hate how I feel with an E2 over 40, but some men seem to tolerate it fine.

Bryan_K77

I would keep your estrogen 60 pg/mL or under.
What are the negatives about being above 60 pg/ml? Is there a long term concern of any kind? I run well above 60 usually and Defy says that as long as I have no symptoms I’m good. I don’t just blindly trust someone because they are a doctor though, I’m genuinely curious if there is evidence that estrogen above 60 pg/ml is dangerous?

Gman86

What are the negatives about being above 60 pg/ml? Is there a long term concern of any kind? I run well above 60 usually and Defy says that as long as I have no symptoms I’m good. I don’t just blindly trust someone because they are a doctor though, I’m genuinely curious if there is evidence that estrogen above 60 pg/ml is dangerous?
Definitely nothing dangerous about it. If anything, only benefits at that level.

Just curious, what’s ur SHBG?

Vince

Super Moderator
What are the negatives about being above 60 pg/ml? Is there a long term concern of any kind? I run well above 60 usually and Defy says that as long as I have no symptoms I’m good. I don’t just blindly trust someone because they are a doctor though, I’m genuinely curious if there is evidence. that estrogen above 60 pg/ml is dangerous?
Usually that’s when symptoms start. If you’re not have any, I wouldn’t be concerned.

TucsonJJ

Definitely nothing dangerous about it. If anything, only benefits at that level.

Just curious, what’s ur SHBG?
Disagree... there IS danger in high estradiol... and it messes up your T levels as well...

Bryan_K77

Disagree... there IS danger in high estradiol... and it messes up your T levels as well...

The major flaw in those studies is that it only gives the estrogen levels of the elderly men, not the testosterone levels. High estrogen and low testosterone is clearly bad news for men. But the higher your testosterone levels are, the higher your estrogen should be. Also, the lab test for e2 cannot test what is going on in the tissues, just what has spilled over into serum. If high estrogen was super dangerous, women and teenage boys going through puberty who see some issues from it for sure. Just my .02, I’m willing to be proven wrong

madman

The major flaw in those studies is that it only gives the estrogen levels of the elderly men, not the testosterone levels. High estrogen and low testosterone is clearly bad news for men. But the higher your testosterone levels are, the higher your estrogen should be. Also, the lab test for e2 cannot test what is going on in the tissues, just what has spilled over into serum. If high estrogen was super dangerous, women and teenage boys going through puberty who see some issues from it for sure. Just my .02, I’m willing to be proven wrong

TucsonJJ

From online:

Research shows that some of the risks that come with high estrogen in men include:

High estrogen in men can also lead to weight gain, which further increases the risk of heart disease and stroke. Weight gain can also lead to Type 2 diabetes.
Some symptoms to watch out for include:

• Low sex drive, decreased erectile function or morning erections
  • Enlarged breasts
  • Increase in abdominal fat
  • Feeling fatigued
  • Decreased muscle mass
  • Depression or other emotional changes
Women, though I am not concerned about that situation, they can do their own research...
Among the most common conditions associated with estrogen dominance include:

• Breast cancer, uterine cancer, and ovarian cancer
  • Weight gain
  • Endometriosis
  • Lupus
  • Osteoporosis
  • Thyroid disorders

So yes, high estrogen can be very dangerous. I think that guys should strive for mid to high normal FREE testosterone and low normal estradiol... Of course, symptoms should be a BIG guideline... JMHO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors