Doctor lab vs Trt clinic 218 vs 760

Buy Lab Tests Online

Asnsurfnut

Hello,

I recently went to one of the highest rates Test therapy centers in Temecula, CA in hopes to check my levels and if low start treatment. The place was awesome and the results from the blood work came back at 218 total testosterone! With how I feel and my lifestyle I didnt think I could be that low. Before starting treatment I told them id like to sleep on it and the next morning I did a Testosterone check through my doctor at Kaiser. My thinking is I'm so low they may treat and it would be free. My results came back at nearly 760.

Couple questions. Is that possible? Do I or we need to worry about these businesses lying about the blood test just to get my business? What are your thoughts? Thank you.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
T

tareload

A little background reading for context.

Time of day for each test?

Systemlord

next morning I did a Testosterone check through my doctor at Kaiser. My thinking is I'm so low they may treat and it would be free. My results came back at nearly 760.

The place was awesome and the results from the blood work came back at 218 total testosterone!
A natural daily fluctuation. Time of testing matters more than anything for a natural male. You want to test before 10 a.m. fasting is preferred because a small subset of the population will test falsely low after eating.

I would recommend NOT going to Kaiser for testosterone related concerns!

Also it doesn’t appear either Kaiser or the clinic tested the most important bio marker, the Free T.

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
Hello,

I recently went to one of the highest rates Test therapy centers in Temecula, CA in hopes to check my levels and if low start treatment. The place was awesome and the results from the blood work came back at 218 total testosterone! With how I feel and my lifestyle I didnt think I could be that low. Before starting treatment I told them id like to sleep on it and the next morning I did a Testosterone check through my doctor at Kaiser. My thinking is I'm so low they may treat and it would be free. My results came back at nearly 760.

Couple questions. Is that possible? Do I or we need to worry about these businesses lying about the blood test just to get my business? What are your thoughts? Thank you.
I definitely would be concerned. That's very smart of you to get a second opinion. It sounds to me like you're not need TRT. I would in a year retest with your doctor and see if the results are the same.

Asnsurfnut

Almost identical times. Around 10:20 in the morning both fasted. The lower day I did hit a workout with a slow 3 mile run at 5 am. But seems fishy that fluctuation

Asnsurfnut

A natural daily fluctuation. Time of testing matters more than anything for a natural male. You want to test before 10 a.m. fasting is preferred because a small subset of the population will test falsely low after eating.

Also it doesn’t appear either Kaiser or the clinic tested the most important bio marker, the Free T.
Both at 10:20 fasted. One day I did hit a 5 am workout and did a slow 3 mile run. Other than that everything the same. The fluctuation I’m not sure I believe

Systemlord

Both at 10:20 fasted. One day I did hit a 5 am workout and did a slow 3 mile run. Other than that everything the same. The fluctuation I’m not sure I believe
You’re not a robot, your biology is always changing, adapting to what you’re doing. If everything stayed the same day to day, you’d never grow old, get sick or have good and bad days.

The food you eat and exercise affects your testosterone. Eat the wrong food and it drops, workout too much, it drops. Get poor sleep, it drops.

If you got bad sleep (waking at 5 a.m) while not fully rested, then preceded to worked out, this can explain the lower Total T value.

Also working out increases your SHBG temporary and therefore your Total T, which is why it’s soo important to test the Free T!

Last edited:
T

tareload

Almost identical times. Around 10:20 in the morning both fasted. The lower day I did hit a workout with a slow 3 mile run at 5 am. But seems fishy that fluctuation
For completeness you should provide reference ranges and assay type for both TT tests.

Asnsurfnut

10:20 24 hours apart. Both fasted. Lower test day I worked out. I just cant find any information on a fluctuation by that much. 20% ive read is normal but 400% is a different story.

Asnsurfnut

Thank you. Ive never heard of the free T test. I will ask about that. I know fluctuations are normal I just haven't read anything saying its possible to fluctuate that much.

Asnsurfnut

You’re not a robot, your biology is always changing, adapting to what you’re doing. If everything stayed the same day to day, you’d never grow old, get sick or have good and bad days.

The food you eat and exercise affects your testosterone. Eat the wrong food and it drops, workout too much, it drops. Get poor sleep, it drops.

If you got bad sleep (waking at 5 a.m) while not fully rested, then preceded to worked out, this can explain the lower Total T value.

Also working out increases your SHBG temporary and therefore your Total T, which is why it’s soo important to test the Free T!
I will ask about the free T test thank you. I just cant get a straight answer on if a 400% fluctuation is even possible. I dont know if I should retest or run away from this place.

Systemlord

Thank you. Ive never heard of the free T test. I will ask about that. I know fluctuations are normal I just haven't read anything saying its possible to fluctuate that much.
The Total T is the bound, unbound portion of testosterone, the Free T is the active stuff that does all the amazing things to your body.

FangFang

This difference is suspect and too wide, even considering daily fluctuations. I would get it tested again.

LCMS is a must! Bet one of the tests was Rouche method. Not sure I spelled that right but definitely avoid any low resolution testing. Discounted labs has been great for me!

T

tareload

Sorry but what is that? My test just say total T and the number with normal ranges 240-871. Not much else on the lab results
What is the range for each test? You just disclosed the range for one. How about the other? Hence list out result and range for each test.

Stoak

This difference is suspect and too wide, even considering daily fluctuations. I would get it tested again.

I have never in my life seen a variation this large. Nelson is right. There is a problem with your bloodwork IMO. The test is wrong or the bloods were switched.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me