Ask Dr Karlis Ullis Anything Not Answered Already in ExcelMale.com

Buy Lab Tests Online

karlis ullis MD

Hi Ero, What kind and how much T did u use? Do the 90 day glucose - HbA1C and Insulin fasting. Need to check for insulin resistance. Have u used any AAS - non aromatizing androgens. They will soot down shbg.
Dr Ullis

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

Hi Ero, What kind and how much T did u use? Do the 90 day glucose - HbA1C and Insulin fasting. Need to check for insulin resistance. Have u used any AAS - non aromatizing androgens. They will soot down shbg.
Dr Ullis

Over the 6 years I have been on TRT I have tried just about every possible dosing schedule: Weekly, every 3.5 days, every day. Tried T Cyp, T Prop, etc... For the last couple of years I was doing small daily injections of T Cyp, daily HCG, no AI (Never needed one). Never used AAS, have tested for insulin resistance (I am not) my HbA1C is normal and I have checked it several times over the years. Currently I am trying topical compounded T gel. Its been 5 week since I started that and I feel nothing different than before, which is to say it felt previously like I was injecting water instead of Test and now it feels like I am applying regular lotion instead of Test gel. I basically have felt like I have Low T for the last 6 years I have been on treatment.

There are a coupe of other low SHBG guys on the forum that have the same (lack of) results that I experience. Neither of them is insulin resistant or obese, either.

Dr Ullis, is there a connection with Adrenaline response to arousal that could be impaired perhaps thru adrenal fatigue? I mean the heart rate and respiration increases primarily associated with arousal as opposed to the physical erection.

I'm unclear if you saw this question, I saw a reply about a Beta Blocker but wouldn't that be contraindicated if someone suspects already impaired Adrenaline response?

Great to have you on here Dr. When taking armour thyroid how you recommend dosing when blood testing. Taking the pill then testing soon after or taking the blood test before the daily dose of armour thyroid?

karlis ullis MD

Great to have you on here Dr. When taking armour thyroid how you recommend dosing when blood testing. Taking the pill then testing soon after or taking the blood test before the daily dose of armour thyroid?
Hi, Usually i have my patients take AM Armour dose 2-3 hrs before blood drawn. This way you can capture T3 better. It has short half life of about 4 hrs.
Dr Ullis

AntCon

Hey Dr Ullis,

I had a question in regards to hyperbaric oxygen chambers - HBOT. I was thinking about trying HBOT for my chronic brain fog, fatigue and lately weird head sensations in what feels like maybe my brain is causing (had an MRI last year of brain but came back fine).

I have asthma (in check for the most part) and also have random bouts of Eustachian tube dysfunction through out the day. Would I be able to try HBOT even with these conditions ?

I’ve read that people with these issues might have complications, so just wanted to get your opinion on it.

Thanks in advance

goga

Dr.Ullis,

Long story short:

Baseline (12 July 2017):

T - 11.71 nmol/l (range 8.64-29.0)Long story short:

Baseline (12 July 2017):

T - 11.71 nmol/l (range 8.64-29.0)

Free T - 12.96 pg/ml (15-50)

Estradiol - 26.77 pg/ml (11-43)

LH high, prolactin normal.

I had been injecting 125 mg T IM per week.

Results right before next injection were (5 August 2017):

T 4.26 ng/ml (3-8), I think it’s about 15 nmol/l

Free T 19 pg/ml

SHBG 28.8 nml/l (17-77).

And then I decided to amend my protocol and moved to: 60mg twice a week (120 mg weekly), abdominal SubQ.
I've been on this protocol for 6 weeks now. The last reading being:

T 4.69 ng/ml (Normal range 2.8 - 8)
Free T 18 pg/ml (Normal range 1 - 28.28).

As you can see, I have not improved result-wise. As for symptoms, the first TRT week was excellent (mental clarity), other than that, neither libido, nor mental/emotional side changed much. Moreover, anxiety is worse.

All the time I have been on a multi-ester T. I am struggling to get a single ester one.

I did not have my E2 checked this time, as there is no sensitive E2 test here, and the regular one makes no sense.
Please, advise.

Free T - 12.96 pg/ml (15-50)

Estradiol - 26.77 pg/ml (11-43)

LH high, prolactin normal.

I had been injecting 125 mg T IM per week.

Results right before next injection were (5 August 2017):

T 4.26 ng/ml (3-8), I think its about 15 nmol/l

Free T 19 pg/ml

SHBG 28.8 nml/l (17-77).

And then I decided to amend my protocol and moved to: 60mg twice a week (120 mg weekly), abdominal SubQ.
I've been on this protocol for 6 weeks now. The last reading being:

T 4.69 ng/ml (Normal range 2.8 - 8)
Free T 18 pg/ml (Normal range 1 - 28.28).

As you can see, I have not improved result-wise. As for symptoms, the first TRT week was excellent (mental clarity), other than that, neither libido, nor mental/emotional side changed much. Moreover, anxiety is worse.

All the time I have been on a multi-ester T. I am struggling to get a single ester one. May split Nebido. It has expired a year ago, but may still work.

I did not have my E2 checked this time, as there is no sensitive E2 test here, and the regular one makes no sense.

1) How can I adjust my protocol?

2) Do you think a single T (cypionate) is much preferable to Sustanon?

Thank you

MikeXL

Dr. Ullis,
Several natural compounds have been investigated for prevention, and even potential treatment of Prostate Cancer (PCa). Soy, EGCG, pomegranate, lycopene, and sulforaphane. Antagonism of the androgen receptor (AR) has been proposed as the mechanism of action for each of these compounds.

My question is - If it is true that these natural ingredients work against PCa by antagonizing AR of in PCa cells, then is it fair to presume that these ingredients would also antagonize the AR in other tissues like muscle or bone?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me