Anyone take dhea before bed for better sleep?

Stanfoo

Wondering if this sleep benefit is only beneficial for those deficient/low on it.

Anyone with normal dhea levels still see better sleep from taking dhea?

Guided_by_Voices

Carl Lanore of SuperHumanRadio believes that DHEA opposes Melatonin which would likely cause sleep issues. I could not confirm this based on a quick search but he is usually very reliable. I used to take mine right before bed and had some sleep issues. I have since switched to taking it early evening or late afternoon and my sleep seems to have improved quite a bit.

Rock H. Johnson

I can only take DHEA first thing in the morning and only max 15mg otherwise I will not sleep in the evening.
I sleep good in general so did not notice any changes from taking DHEA/Pregnenolone.
I have read that DHEA opposes Cortisol which is the hormone which wakes you up.

Wondering if this sleep benefit is only beneficial for those deficient/low on it.

Anyone with normal dhea levels still see better sleep from taking dhea?
I see good results with 25mg before bed. DHEA can decrease due to stress causing difficulty staying asleep, decreased dreams and sweating the small stuff during the day. Most people take it before bed however if you feel like it keeps you awake (about 10% of people) then take it in the morning.

Carl Lanore of SuperHumanRadio believes that DHEA opposes Melatonin which would likely cause sleep issues. I could not confirm this based on a quick search but he is usually very reliable. I used to take mine right before bed and had some sleep issues. I have since switched to taking it early evening or late afternoon and my sleep seems to have improved quite a bit.
I love Superhuman Radio and agree that he is often right. My wife takes low dose DHEA and the results for her have been amazing. She’s 64 and very active and fit. She has put on some lean muscle and her sex drive has noticeably improved, exactly as the stated on Carl’s podcast.

I've taken up to 50mg Dhea, couldn't detect any effect on sleep. What works for me is Melatonin, L-theanine, GABA (3 separate supplements in capsule form) about 1/2 hour before bed.

Vince

I do supplement with 25 mg of DHEA before bed. Does it help me sleep, I really don't know. But it keeps my levels in a good place.

JC

I tried 12.5 and 25mg DHEA in the evening for awhile with no noticable benefit on sleep or other. But, I now take 25mg of micronized DHEA in the morning.
I sometimes now get spontaneous erections and absolutely feel more horny later that morning compared to when I miss my morning dose. The only negative I am happy to tolerate is a bit more hair growing on my back.